Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run training doesn't recognize my trainings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit, 

I recently started the Run trainings that you offer. 

The strange thing is that it doesn't recognize my trainings. When I am in the Run training menu I see that I haven't completed any trainings. 

When I am in the general overview screen I see I completed 6 activities including 1 "fitbit Coach audio coaching" training and 1 run. 

It is pretty frustrating that these activities are not logged and hence I can not use the training program. 

Can you help out. 

Thanks,

Guido

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I am doing Beginner running program plan and I have done Power Walk on Fitbit Coach, but the program did not take it into account. However, couple days before I done longer walk not via Coach and it was taken into account by program plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guido_S A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for taking the time to share what you're experiencing with Premium programs. 

I totally understand how you feel about this. I would like you to log out from the app and force quit it. After this, please log back in and check if your workouts show on the Running training program.

If those workouts are not taken into consideration, then please attach a screenshot of what you're seeing and let me know the mobile device that you have. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have sent my own help message

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Unfotunately it doesn't work after logging out and force restarting. 

I use an iphone and a fitbit versa 2. 

In the attachment you can find the pictures. activity overview.PNGIMG_5524.PNGIMG_5525.PNGIMG_5526.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guido_S @Ackrow and @AstaM It's nice to see you on the Community. I appreciate the screenshot attached. 

Thanks for the details mentioned. I truly appreciate your reports, I've shared this with my team and they are investigating it and looking for a resolution as soon as possible. 

Your patience and understanding is appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My runs are being recorded but not getting credit! I can find the runs in my log and sometimes I even map the runs and that records too, but it still shows zero runs for week 2. I have been on beginner running for 4 weeks now and finally got to the second week. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The coach recommends a run, I do it (or one of the alternatives) rate it and maybe even save it, but half the time, I am not given credit for the run. Yesterday I even did two of the recommended activities consecutively and I was not given credit for either! I love the app but this is very frustrating. So badly want to finish beginner running so I can get on to something else. Please help! Using a charge2. Everything else seems to be working OK. I even am doing a "mindful eating" program and that seems to record the activities just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news yet? I have the same issue already on a second program (first with beginner running, now on run training). I’m using fitbit flex 2 and an iphone. This takes the joy out of doind a program since no progress can be seen. 

Best Answer
Hi there,

No all the help I’ve had has been advice about making sure your phone and the Fitbit app are on the latest versions.

I found out that Background App Refresh should be on ‘Always’ for the Fitbit App in Settings.

Also when you set up a Program to do so many activities, such as running, a week you must do them on the set days you’ve chosen. The app won’t recognise them if you do a run on a day when you should be doing a fitness workout.

I still use the workouts but not the programs as I want to run on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday and that’s not an option for the programs. The workout encouragement does help when running.

Good luck

Rowan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. 

I’ve done all the above mentioned things, everyhting is up to date and I’ve been running on theset dates.

Last night I could see my progress, but it had disappeared over night. So annoying...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it’s so annoying and the help people will only suggest what you’ve already done.

It’s such a shame isn’t it. Keep going though with the workouts and you’ll still make progress, I have. Maybe they’ll get it sorted eventually 🙄

Rowan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Beatman @sannitj @Ackrow Hey there. Thanks for participating in the forums. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. Your reports are truly appreciated, I've shared them with my team and they are already investigating them. Thanks a lot for your patience and understanding while this gets resolved. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I forced a shutdown of both the basic fitbit app and fitbit coach. It still shows as no runs for the week and is forcing me to start over week 2 for the third time. You can see that I did four runs in 8 days and none of them registered. June 3, 5, 7 and 10. I even did two activities on two days hoping that one would be recognized but still no go.

The third try to get a second week failed again!The third try to get a second week failed again!You can see my mindful eating activity is gettin counted as it should. Sleep and all other activities are recording properly.You can see my mindful eating activity is gettin counted as it should. Sleep and all other activities are recording properly.Runs are recorded but not applied to my beginner run, even though I'm following the activity as directed.Runs are recorded but not applied to my beginner run, even though I'm following the activity as directed.

Best Answer

Hi, do you have an update on this? - I am having the same problem. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still unresolved for me. I restarted for the third time. I'm having better luck this time. 2 out of 2 registered properly for the first week. Tomorrow is the third day of week 1 so fingers crossed. Although I had hiccups on week 1 before, week 2 has been really hard. Hoping for better results this time. What is there to do but keep on trying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Beatman @ilovepoodles Thanks for getting back. I appreciate the screenshots shared and the troubleshooting tried. 

At the moment, I don't have an update about when this is going to be resolved. However, I can confirm that this has been shared with my team and they are already investigating it. 

Once again, your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! It seems to be mostly working okay for me at the moment so hopefully being resolved for everyone else as quickly as possible too!
Best Answer

I have been running with the Beginners Running program and completed my second week long run today but I am so disappointed the exercise didn’t record on the challenge describe my versa tracking the exercise itself. On top of that it says I have 0 active minutes, but when I click into my heart rate tab, I have 45+minutes. If this continues I don’t see myself paying for premium after this trial! 

Best Answer

@Megafred Welcome to the Community. Thanks for sharing what you're experiencing with your Fitbit. 

Sorry to hear that your run wasn't recorded on your Running program. Your reports have been shared with my team and they are already investigating them, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Regarding the active minutes that seem to be missing from the Dashboard, please double this article on how Fitbit tracks your active minutes. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having this issue now with the next outdoor run program. Today I even ran extra to get it to track (extra motivation I guess) but still no check mark despite 45+ active minutes and completing the run in coach app. I’ve tried the shut down, log off, restart. 

Best Answer