Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance Goal is Incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen that others have had the same problem, but this is frustrating. In the App (Android) if I set my daily distance goal to 5 miles, the program will actually set it to 8 miles for the "today" portion of the app and on my Sense. It will show the same (8) on the fitbit.com dashboard. If I set my goal to 5 miles on the dashboard, everything looks correct on the dashboard, but my app (and all tracking) sets my goal to 3.11 miles. Oddly, this 3.11 mile goal actually makes the "today" portion of the app show the correct completion percentage out of 5. The other day I tried out some incremental changes to my goal to try to see what was happening. This is what I saw having moved a total distance of 6.04 miles at that point:

Goal set at 5.0

Weekly page: shows 5 as the goal and has a starred tape on the day with a completion of 6 miles.

Today page: shows 6.04 miles with ~75% completion.

Goal set at 3.75

Weekly page: shows 3.8 as the goal and has a starred tape with a completion of 6 miles.

Today page: Shows a completed goal and total of 6.04 miles.

Goal set at 4.0 miles

Weekly page: shows 4.0 as the goal and has a starred tape with a completion of 6 miles.

Today page: shows 6.04 miles and ~97% completion.

Hopefully there is something that can be done, but this has been going on for months now with my old versa and the sense. I had thought that it was associated with the beta testing so I brought it up to one of the teams, but it was not linked to a beta test. I have updated the app several times while this has been going on. At the suggestion of support, I did uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone, but that had no effect. 

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

1. Find the "Today" section (top left) of your dashboard.

2. Move mouse to "Today" section and leave it there (do not click) for a couple of seconds.

3. A banner will show up at the bottom of "Today" section, and click on the "gear" icon, you would be able to set goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, it seems to have worked, will look at more closely tomorrow to see if distance goal in phone app are still correct

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't actually work. It just changes the number of km in the app so it ~looks~ like it has worked, but you still can't hit the distance goal accurately.

I'm genuinely in awe that this is still an issue. Fitbit clearly doesn't give a **ahem** about hearing and resolving the complaints of their paying customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
>From what I can tell, you have a choice:

a) phone app is correct, or
b) web dashboard AND watch or tracker are correct.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is such a joke that fitbit doesn't care enough to fix this. The issue seems to be a simple mixup in miles vs. km somewhere (5 km = 3.1 miles). Come on, fitbit. Get off you lazy @$$ and fix this!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this multiple times. No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Fitbit Sense as a Christmas gift 2021,  currently January 27th 2022 and this is still an ongoing issue. Definitely a conversion / labeling issue for what a year now? And just like TP11 stated above, our choice is either to have the web dashboard correct and the device also correct and the phone app incorrect, or the reverse of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to say that you will just have to live with this issue, because it seems that FitBit doesn't care to fix this. I've have 5 devices over the years and I've reported this issue MULTIPLE times, to no avail. Maybe Google will get FitBit off their butts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Best Answer

I have struggled with this miles/km issue for years. Here's how to change the goal on the dashboard. It's totally hidden. Push one of the activities (distance for example), wait 2 seconds (seriously, wait) and a Settings gear and a See More arrow pop up at the bottom. Click settings and you'll find how to change all the goals (daily and weekly) from the dashboard.

Best Answer

which platform are you referring to?  Windows?  Android?  iPhone?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am using the Android version on the fitbit app.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion. My phone app (android version), web interface
and Versa 3 are all set to the unit of miles. This is not the issue. The
issue is if I set a mileage goal on the web interface, the phone app shows
a reduced mileage goal. Through trial and error, I've deduced that there is
a conversion bug in the phone app that converts miles to km, but still
reports it in units of miles.

I wish fitbit would get off their @$$ and fix this!!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent a DM to the Fitbit Support twitter with screenshots asking for an update this morning. Two years without a resolution is ridiculous.

Josh | Colorado Springs, CO
Versa 3 - Android, Google Pixel 5
Best Answer

Fitbit rhymes with "don't give a sh##" . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Support actually came through. After a couple of literal hours of back and forth DMs with multiple screenshots and troubleshooting, the solution was not with the app at all, but with the web dashboard settings. On your profile dashboard on the WEBSITE, hover over the TODAY tile until the little gear pops up below it for settings. Clicking on this will take you to the Activity Goals setting. Make sure the tab is set to Daily and change the distance to the correct mileage. Click Done and that should fix it... at least that was my solution. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, and thank you for your post. I hope this solution worked for you, but I'm afraid you should check the distance goal on your phone app before declaring victory. My distance goal between web interface and phone app is still off by a factor of 0.62 (the conversion between miles and kilometers). I don't know why it's so difficult for the programers to fix this. My guess is they just don't care and tech support doesn't have a clue or the juice to escalate this issue.

Cheers!

Best Answer
you are exactly right. I went through this last summer and found the same
web solution as he did . . . and the same phone app snag you did.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Goal still says 5 miles, so far so good. Thanks for the sanity check, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad this works for you!

I've given up on this issue.

Strange that yours works and mine doesn't. We have virtually the same hardware/software (mine is Versa 3/Android, Pixel 4a).

Since the issue is the conversion from miles to km, maybe I bought a European Versa 3. 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

What can we learn from an isuue reported 2 years ago?

Fitbit is not going to change or correct it.

I've reported another issue, lots of promises, no resolutions.

The money is gone, Google has a bad deal.

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes