Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance Goal is Incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen that others have had the same problem, but this is frustrating. In the App (Android) if I set my daily distance goal to 5 miles, the program will actually set it to 8 miles for the "today" portion of the app and on my Sense. It will show the same (8) on the fitbit.com dashboard. If I set my goal to 5 miles on the dashboard, everything looks correct on the dashboard, but my app (and all tracking) sets my goal to 3.11 miles. Oddly, this 3.11 mile goal actually makes the "today" portion of the app show the correct completion percentage out of 5. The other day I tried out some incremental changes to my goal to try to see what was happening. This is what I saw having moved a total distance of 6.04 miles at that point:

Goal set at 5.0

Weekly page: shows 5 as the goal and has a starred tape on the day with a completion of 6 miles.

Today page: shows 6.04 miles with ~75% completion.

Goal set at 3.75

Weekly page: shows 3.8 as the goal and has a starred tape with a completion of 6 miles.

Today page: Shows a completed goal and total of 6.04 miles.

Goal set at 4.0 miles

Weekly page: shows 4.0 as the goal and has a starred tape with a completion of 6 miles.

Today page: shows 6.04 miles and ~97% completion.

Hopefully there is something that can be done, but this has been going on for months now with my old versa and the sense. I had thought that it was associated with the beta testing so I brought it up to one of the teams, but it was not linked to a beta test. I have updated the app several times while this has been going on. At the suggestion of support, I did uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone, but that had no effect. 

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

I've given up on fitbit support. It's sad. Best I can suggest is set either your phone app or web desktop (whichever is most important to you) so the correct units are displayed and just forget about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes