Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First and Last Name Issue on the Profile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With a recent update, FITBIT took away the option to just simply enter the first name and also allow numbers.
We use the FITBITS for research so our Profiles had the subject ID listed with 3 letters and 3 numbers in the first name box. Now no numbers are allowed and it also requires a Last Name.
This is VERY frustrating and should not have been altered.
Please change this back to the way it was for convenience and also for the many researchers who utilize this feature

Thanks!

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Same trouble i am having. So frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit how do i post a pic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Becs1205 and @DonnaJam.

I apologize for the delay in my response.

You can do so by clicking on the 'Photos' button that shows on top of the field where you type your post. Check the picture below for reference.photos.PNG

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

C97ECBDF-C5DC-4763-BB6A-FCB7B85933E6.jpeg

@LanuzaFitbit I can’t enter anything in the box i circled  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Becs1205.

Thanks for sharing that picture.

In this case I'd like to ask if you could try using a different browser to try and add the Last Name to your account, or a computer if you have access to one. That should let you update it correctly.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the issue of not being able to add my surname in order to change the clock to 24 hours! I can type in my first name but it will not let me click on the box to enter my surname.. Any idea on how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

D85E0558-7B1F-4012-831C-01DDA8074A9D.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Nicoleole.

Thanks for sharing the picture and explanation on the matter.

In this case I'd like to ask if you have tried using a different web browser to try and edit the last name? It is possible that a different browser will let you add that.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
I didn’t even think about that! Yes, I tried again on my laptop rather than on my phone and had no issues. Thank you 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nicoleole.

I am very glad to read that trying on your laptop let you add your last name.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. Perhaps something will pique your interest.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the core issue here seems to be Fitbit's decision (because it knows best!) to force people to complete the second box; this did not use to be the case.  The simple solution is to allow this to be an optional entry, as it used to be. Please don't tell me it's not possible to make this incredibly simple change.

Best Answer

Hello Nicoleloe, in case you (or anyone else might) need this info: I got round this same problem by tabbing from the Name text box to the Last Name and entered a random letter. If, like me, you didn’t know the keyboard had tab controls (😊) they are the up and down chevrons at the top right of the on-screen keyboard. Hope this is helpful to someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What an absolutely useless answer. I am trying to do this on my iPad using google chrome. Fitbit needs to up its testing if it thinks this is acceptable.  I now have a watch that I cannot use to tell the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just in case anyone thinks I was replying to any community responses I wasn’t I was replying to the Fitbit tech guy..... 

Best Answer
0 Votes