Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

I am moving this thread to the fitbit.com dashboard.  This is an issue with the new food page and not a device issue.

The "Today" choice isn't active on my browser, either.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I already posted last night, and somehow, I was hoping I would go to bed and get up to find that they saw all the outraged posts and switched it back. RIiiiight. No such luck. (It was a delusional fantasy, but a girl can dream, can't she?) So it is official - I have gotten myself setup on the Carb Manager platform. I had no choice!! This new dashboard is completely useless to me now for tracking my food. 😞 I have years of data in there, so I may need to keep it for reference and weight. 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

This is another change made by Fitbit, for what? I use the food log and the detailed macro nutrients to manage my diet. My nutritionist and I watch this carefully.

FitBit has messed up bigtime again! Geez people, do you want users to stay with you or switch to other devices?

@AmyFitbit @MaxFitbit 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

This is another change made by Fitbit, for what? I use the food log and the detailed macro nutrients to manage my diet. My nutritionist and I watch this carefully.

FitBit has messed up bigtime again! Geez people, do you want users to stay with you or switch to other devices?

PS: Based on the way they didn't respond to user outrage when they changed the mobile app, I don't expect them to go back to the desktop app that was working fine for every

@ws1 wrote:

The new interface is AWFUL!!! Please return my macros! I need to keep track of my protein intake!!! And what about:

preloading meals for next day? So useful to plan for the week....

logging fractions of the fruit/snack etc? No one else eating half an apple?

easy to use interface - with crucial information upper and additional below (who needs last month/week calories as the main point of the log?!)

and - why search does not search in my foods?

please return to the old version asap!!!!!!!!! I am looking for something better anyway, just in case.

ONE.

@AmyFitbit @MaxFitbit 

Best Answer
I'm all in favor of programmers updating software, but the changes to the web-based Fitbit food site have me completely frustrated. One of the advantages of entering my daily food intake on my PC, versus my phone, is that I could see the breakdown of grams of protein/carbs/fat for each item, as I entered each item. Now I need to click on the "Nutrition Facts" to see it. In addition, at the end of each day, I could see my total number of grams for each macronutrient. While knowing the percentage is critical, it is also imperative to know the actual count of grams, particularly as someone who is aiming between 190-220 grams of protein daily. Without this detailed information, the Fitbit food is less user-friendly. Know that your computer designers were hoping to make the main website more like the app, but not all change is good.. Indeed, it has taken me 30 minutes this morning to navigate the new site, when I could generally enter my food intake for the previous day in 5 minutes. I'll need to find a new platform and product, if this new design is so cumbersome...
Best Answer
Once again, Fitbit does something that no one wanted. What a messed up public company they are. Maybe their stock will crash
Best Answer

I'd like to add my own post, but can't seem to find a way.  So in reply, I echo the comments regarding the new food log UI!  It took me a bit to figure it out and it is so unuser friendly. Why in the hell does companies, such as yourself, thing you have to fix somethin' that ain't broke? Sheesh, you're like the **ahem** government, and I should know as I'm a government contractor.

Moderator edit: capitalization 

Best Answer

I agree with you! What a pain 😞

I created a custom food this AM and don't have the choice to log it right away. When I go back and search for it, it's not there for me to choose and I also need the break down

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had it out with a chat rep.  I cannot access the food log at all on my Samsung S9+, only through the desktop.  Additionally,  the meal items list only the amounts and calories.  No fat, carbs, sodium or protein is shown.  Cannot see the breakdown of the macronutrients for the complete meal either.  Some items only allow for full units but not fraction of the units.  What the hell were they thinking? Fitbit has gone from a full fitness program tracking system to a step counter/calorie counter.  After just shy of 5 years of meticulous tracking and logging, with the exception of only 2 weeks, I'm moving on to another company's tracker and log program.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Each and everyone of the FitBit moderators in the community are useless. They won't do anything to endanger their jobs.

This is another move that proves that FitBit is too big for its britches. Ever since they went public, they've gone to the dark side. They don't care about their users.

The detailed macronutrient info was/is critical to me and my management of my diet and weight. Frankly if I had a real replacement, I'd toss my FitBit in the trash and change.

Best Answer

@DRG2016

Join the club. I too got a lot of use out of the "Daily Totals" section you screen capped. I spent hours creating an entire spreadsheet based on that info that is useless to me now. 😡 But I've been with Fitbit for a couple of years now and it's been my observation that they don't really care about complaints since there are issues users have been reporting for years that nothing has been done about. You just get the standard "Thank you for your input, but..." All their time and money is invested in putting out and promoting new models. They've been really pushing the new Charge 3 and every time I see one of those ads I think Yeah right. It'll have issues that people will report but they'll be completely ignored, just like the issues the Charge 2 still has after 2 years. No thanks.

EDIT: I looked at the thread you linked to @DRG2016 which makes it clear that the breakdown of nutrients into Grams is important to users and some of the posts go as far back as 2016 requesting this info be available in the mobile app, which shows Fitbit's disregard for user needs. And the only way we had to get that specific info breakdown, the web UI, now has been changed to be more like the app design that everyone was saying did not provide the info they needed!

Best Answer
Why did you make another change that hurts your user experience? I need to monitor my carb and protein intake, by food, by meal, by day. My nutritionist and I watch this closely. I am one of your success stories people. I lost over 90 pounds using the food log and excessive/compulsive exercise. Stupid, stupid, stupid change. You ignore the way people use your products.
Best Answer

Agreed! I don't hate the new dashboard.  It's too new to be posting that it's "horrible" - change takes time to adjust to!!  However, I could not locate fiber counts.  And now that you mention it Uncle_Weba, sodium would be useful as well.  Fitbit, can we have that back please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have they caved? I've got the old log page again, or will the old page go again? 

Best Answer
It looks like the people have spoken!! I just logged in to fitbit.com and the old Food Log is back!

Hallelujah!!
Best Answer
Shhhh!!! Maybe they listened this time.

I absolutely need the detailed macronutrient info to manage my diet.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I've just gone on to Fitbit food log and I think it has been reinstated!

Best Answer

Well, the food log was reverted back to the old one this morning, which is fantastic! That being said, 1) why did they push that software live without user acceptance testing in the first place, and 2) are they going to try changing the food log again? Please, FitBit, leave it alone, it works fine. Just because the kid next door does it a certain way doesn't mean you have to. If IOS jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you follow? (My mother always said that, so I thought it was worth a try.)

Best Answer

Just logged into enter my food, and I saw the dashboard has been changed back to the old way. Thanks you! I (and a hundreds of others) wrote an angry comment on another thread yesterday about the new design. It was terrible, and I thought I'd lost years of food journaling data (I write everything I eat in the notes section). And there were numerous other issues with the new design. Thank you for bringing the old dashboard back. On behalf of Fitbit users everywhere, I implore you to please leave it as is now. Thanks!

Best Answer

Also completely grateful to designers for bringing back previous design!!!  Can't tell you how much data I now have at my fingertips.

For future updates to site, perhaps some focus groups with a wide variety of ages and experience with users?

Best Answer