Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Thanks for changing the food log back but please PLEASE do not go ahead with an "updated food logging page". It should be abundantly clear that the users do not want it.

Please respond and let us know that you hear us about this!

Best Answer

Thank you for changing it back. If the update must be inevitable PLEASE include our macro counts IN GRAMS. Protein, fat, fibre, sodium, carbs and sugar. This is a big part of myself and other people who purchase and use fitbit regularly. 

For those who are not happy with what happened or are worried the interface will change again like I am, there's an app for IOS (not sure if available for android) called cronometer which allows you to log food and see more macros and micros than fitbit provides, and you can sync your fitbit and other devices like garmin and nokia onto it

Best Answer

I see that you are still intending to go live with the new food logging page.  If you read through the comments, I think it is pretty clear that most people prefer the old page. I rarely use the Android App for food logging as it is terrible for that. The current web page is much friendlier and easier.  Please survey the users before going live with the new format.

Best Answer

Matt, thank you, thank you! That is truly great news and I appreciate Fitbit listening to our concerns and responding accordingly and very swiftly! I am wholly grateful!

Best Answer

Staish  

Thanks for the cronometer link it does indeed contain more info that Fitbit's food log. For me , the Vitamin K content is very, very helpful . I would prefer to stick with the Fitbit log but this offers a very nice alternative if that new format returns with little real change

Best Answer
Amen to that!!
Best Answer

@MattFitbit wrote:

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns. The updated food logging page will be available soon.

I would prefer Fitbit leave the food logging page alone. PLEASE, just leave it alone. Why? It works in its current format and i have proof......

@CDNGrant wrote:

Thank you for fixing a mistake made Oct/1/2018.

We NEED to be able to see fats, fiber, sodium, protein, simple and complex carbs in GRAMS.
We NEED to be able to see each individual, instance when logging water for the day.
We NEED to be able to log our food in an easy and informative way.

We NEED to be able log quantities in fractions.

We NEED to be able to log meals days in advance.
We need to see as much USEFUL information as possible not giant graphs built for phone users.

I am RELIEVED to see we have the above info available again.

My wife(34 years young) and I(46 years young) bought into the fitbit with a pair of charge 2 watches in April 2017. I was 365lbs and my wife was 265lbs. The info provided by the website food logging has helped us transform ourselves. I now weigh 217lbs and my wife weighs 170lbs and our journey continues....

My message to Fitbit is "Why change something that gets effective results?" I mean, 148lbs and 95lbs weight loss is not proof enough that things are just fine the way they are now?

Thanks again, Fitbit,  for reverting to the system that works and please smack the idiot that talked all of you into changing it.

I really hope the responses you have received, to the garbage released on Oct 1/2018, will change your minds on this matter. Information is whats needed here not a flashy, hot garbage, interface that needs 7 different popups open to function.

My suggestion is to fix your food database with verified information. ALL of my foods are custom entries because the info in the database is different from whats on the nutrition labels.

Thanks for your time, please stop wasting mine.

Best Answer

@CDNGrant wrote:

@MattFitbit wrote:

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns. The updated food logging page will be available soon.

I would prefer Fitbit leave the food logging page alone. PLEASE, just leave it alone. Why? It works in its current format and i have proof......

@CDNGrant wrote:

Thank you for fixing a mistake made Oct/1/2018.

We NEED to be able to see fats, fiber, sodium, protein, simple and complex carbs in GRAMS.
We NEED to be able to see each individual, instance when logging water for the day.
We NEED to be able to log our food in an easy and informative way.

We NEED to be able log quantities in fractions.

We NEED to be able to log meals days in advance.
We need to see as much USEFUL information as possible not giant graphs built for phone users.

I am RELIEVED to see we have the above info available again.

My wife(34 years young) and I(46 years young) bought into the fitbit with a pair of charge 2 watches in April 2017. I was 365lbs and my wife was 265lbs. The info provided by the website food logging has helped us transform ourselves. I now weigh 217lbs and my wife weighs 170lbs and our journey continues....

My message to Fitbit is "Why change something that gets effective results?" I mean, 148lbs and 95lbs weight loss is not proof enough that things are just fine the way they are now?

Thanks again, Fitbit,  for reverting to the system that works and please smack the idiot that talked all of you into changing it.

I really hope the responses you have received, to the garbage released on Oct 1/2018, will change your minds on this matter. Information is whats needed here not a flashy, hot garbage, interface that needs 7 different popups open to function.

My suggestion is to fix your food database with verified information. ALL of my foods are custom entries because the info in the database is different from whats on the nutrition labels.

Thanks for your time, please stop wasting mine.

I agree completely that the information provided by the food logging interface was and is essential.

Best Answer

Oh wow. That's really not good. The fact that it was just deleted, rather than responded to is worrisome indeed.

Also, thinking about it further - when information has been removed from the dashboard in the past, and in response to some fairly specific questions about the heart rate monitoring functions, I recall that the "official" answers had to do with Fitbit not being a medical device/service, the implication being that you'd only need access to that stuff to monitor a medical condition. So it might be worth making our suggestions within a general wellness frame.

In this specific case, it's also worth emphasizing that there are many Fitbit competitors that do provide the information on macros, so why would they make their product *less* comprehensive? And of course, if they're planning to make that info premium-access only, the value proposition needs to be there; people are understandably not going to take kindly to being asked to pay for access to info that's been free for years. So add more functions, if that stuff is going to be paywalled. 🙂 

Best Answer

Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

In regard to some of the posts that have been removed, please understand that our moderators have only removed posts violate our community guidelines. For more information on what the community guidelines are, please check out this article

Thanks all. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you for reacting so quickly, and please consider adding the nutrients (carbs, sodium, etc...) to the redesign. In fact, I'd love to see more than the percentages on the phone app. 

Best Answer

Thank you for changing it back.  I needed the daily gram count the way it was for my food intake. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
*Thank you -- This one I know --- I custom each meal that I frequently use
-- e.g. Post workout or pre workout or Yogurt breakfast. It is a good
feature. I also customize foods by category e.g. Sea Salmon Alaskan - Sea
Cod Wild Caught. Saves a lot time to customized Meals and Favorite foods.
Mahalo*
O,V
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @OhCrude and @dvd4789. Welcome to the Forums @Bigjoe812.

Glad to read that it better now with the previous version. Thanks for sharing your feedback too, please do know that we take it very seriously and appreciate it greatly. 

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards if you have the time. Maybe some topic in there will pique your interest.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Please leave the food log as it is; it's not broken.  The new one is way to busy, does not afford all information & is not user friendly.

Thank you

Best Answer

My post, early in this discussion under "Food Logging Interface changes", was removed. I think it may have been because I asked why, in the new interface (currently hidden), my caloric intake for the day read "under" (correct) on the dashboard and "in the zone" (incorrect) in the final analysis. Did this violate a Fitbit rule? If it did, I'm incredulous. CB__

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @pauldale. Hello @CB_.

@pauldale Thanks for sharing your feedback.

@CB_ Such a statement is not a violation of any rules, no. It wouldn't be able to guess exactly what happened but if the situation did arise again in the future please feel free to create a new thread and we'll be happy to help you in any way we can.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Can you tell us if a change is still planned? And why the change (that no one liked) was implemented. I didn't see it on the suggestion page.  How does Fitbit make the decisions about major changes like this if no one asked for it? I'm really curious because this seemed to be a very unpopular revision to the dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can say with certainty that , for me, one very good thing came from this and that was I discovered Cronometer and have not used Fitbits food log since. The two can be linked so any exercise shows up in Cronometer records and  your macros logged in Cronmeter show up in the Fitbit dashboard. The database Cronometer uses shows micronutrients and it showed me gaps in my diet that I didn't know where there and has changed how I eat. Any new Fitbit food log would have to exceed Cronometer before I would even consider switching back and to be honest I cannot see that happening

Best Answer

Hello @sk-fit and @DRG2016.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. 

At this moment we do not have any updates or news on the matter, unfortunately. As soon as we have any news on the matter we'll be letting everyone know.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer