Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Well said Snigdha!

Best Answer

Bliss!  Yes, it's back!

Best Answer

my food input site is back to the way it was yesterday morning! Ahhh - everything is right in the world now 🙂  hopefully fitbit did the right thing and changed it back for everyone. i hope that if they do decide to go to a new interface that they have more users test it before putting in front of the whole world.

Best Answer

We did it people!!! The workable food log database entry point interface is back. It took just six hours of concerted effort and articulate/specific complaint. This is big news out in there corporate world. People power works. Message boards set up with marketing in mind actually can be a double-edged sword. Congratulations everyone.

Best Answer

Thank you Fitbit! I see that you were listening (reading the community comments) & restored the old dashboard overnight. Very happy to have it back! 🙂

Best Answer

@biancaphillips beat me to it by 2 minutes. Smiley Happy   Fitbit, thank you for listening to your customer's feedback (both the constructive and the angry).  People make mistakes, that's simply a part of life; it's how you respond to your mistakes that reveals your character.  The people who work for Fitbit have demonstrated a responsible character and I also want to both Thank You for rolling back the food logging feature and encourage others who wrote critical messages to let the people at Fitbit know that you appreciate their response as well.

The important lesson to take away from this unfortunate situation is that future updates need to add value to the product, not take away value.  As a former graphic artist, I appreciate Fitbit's desire to make the interface more visually consistent with the other interfaces but the mistake was not keeping the main thing the main thing.  In this case, the main thing is the Nutrition Data.  Everything we know about our health is that more information is always better than less information.  I look forward to seeing your future updates that keep our Nutrition Data the central focus of the design.

Again, thank you and best wishes!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Thank you Fitbit for the fast reaction on the food dashboard! The old version is back and I'm thrilled! I can now put together my weekly food plan. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! 

Best Answer

Thank you!  I'm so relieved to see the old version back, to be able to log things quickly and easily and see my macros.   

Best Answer

I hope this is a case of "Thanks for listening" and not" some tech hit the wrong key and what we saw was a WIP of the future.....

But for now I'll give FitBit support the benefit of the doubt and say Thank You very much for listening to us

Best Answer

I also want to thank you for bringing back the old screen.  I use fitbit to track carbs and fiber.  (The food log is why I chose FITBIT over other trackers).  THANKS for bringing it back.

Best Answer

You know what? Sure, they should be "thanked" for going back to what worked before they changed something.

But the fact that they changed something that worked and had been working since they launched their first product (I've had my FitBit since March 20, 2014), shows a corporate attitude that at least in the past ignored their users and I guess listened to Wall St.

I am one of their success stories, or at least I should be. When I started wearing my Flex, I weighed 254 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 167. It has taken a lot of hard work. I workout everyday and have logged my food diligently every day, every meal for more than 4 1/2 years. I went from obese to less than 15% body fat and turned myself into a Senior Athlete (actually qualified for the 2019 National Senior Games in the 1500 meter racewalk and will also do the 5K powerwalk). But do they really care about their users?

Maybe the answer is yes, since they went back to what was working after some of their users became outspoken. But ask, "why did we have to rise up?"

Best Answer

Happy to report the food log is back to the previous version for me too!

Glad fitbit actually listened.

Hopefully they can find a way to implement testing before forcing out such a big rollout.

Best Answer

Thank goodness.  Sanity has returned.

Best Answer

Hooray!  Thank you Fitbit!  I am happy to see that Fitbit listens to customer feedback. This renews my confidence in Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Thank's for listening.

Best Answer

Thank God!!! 

But I still feel that they should have warned users ahead of time that they were about to change things.  And after this sudden, out-of-the-blue debacle, I'm frankly very leery that Fitbit will keep things status quo.  Wouldn't surprise me if this raises its ugly head again in the future.  Some companies simply can't resist fixing things that aren't broken - all in the name of making something look "new & different".

Best Answer

- I cannot believe I am going to say this - I would like to agree but we cannot put all the blame on the moderators - in general most are helpful within the boundaries they are given - they can only pass on information and IF they get the same response as we do they cannot help further this needs the relevant departments to take responsibility and own up to the errors and take steps to rectify them - if they done that the Moderators job would be easier as they can establish good 2 way communications between Fitbit and the customer - as I keep mentioning its the software that they seem unable to fix and the changes they are unwilling to make in a timely manner that frustrates these issues - the actual devices are good and I must confess I prefer the Devices over the bulky makes of the competition I just wish they would fix this add new food issue then be able to search for it, as what I am having to add to my favourites list at the moment are not favourites but sometime one off treats or to see if I like them so not really a favourite and if what I add can be searched for as it used to be others would also get the benefit and reduce on over excessive repeats of the same food also as someone else mentioned being able to add our own serving size would help as not all countries have the same tin size/packet size etc - and as for Bar code reader it must be good for whom it works for but another point for contention to those of us that it doesn't - not sure if anyone else is effected but it doesn't work for me her in the UK.

Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

May I ask what device is being to used  to enter the food?

It could be the web browser 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whew, great to see the old version back.Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@ClareL911 Thank you for adding your update I am so glad they put it back to normal - I am hoping its as I mentioned - they could have/should have added a banner to the top of the page informing us it was a temporary measure it would have saved a lot of panic and given there customers some information on what was going on - it could have stopped the flood of complaints and new threads opening up,

Back to the PPP's another would be Think before you act

Fingers crossed it will stay like this now

All the best

W

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer