Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help syncing my new Zip

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't know why I had to change from my old pedometer to the Fitbit Zip but I guess my Humana insurance didn't like receiving mail regarding my steps since they would no longer accommodate my former pedometer.

Now, at  age 77 this technology is getting beyond me.  I set everything up according to the setup instructions, but nothing will sync to your website and when I check my settings I found that I do not have Bluetooth on my desktop computer, using Windows 10 Pro.  So, how do I either get Bluetooth or how do I track my steps since I was forced to change pedometers.  I  did  choose to share my step information Fitbit has to my Humana information.  

After several  days of  trying to get everything to jive, I am about ready to say forget it and go back to living a peaceful life, step count or none.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
38 REPLIES 38

Hello @jkrieg welcome to the community. 

You will want to get a Fitbit dongle for your PC, I assume that you do not have access to a smart phone

I'm going to call in some help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just today, everything worked.  I signed on to my fitbit account and all my steps were there for 4 days.  I don't know what the problem was but now it is working.  Thank you.

I do have a smart phone but we basically just use it when we are away from home and  still  have a fondness for my land line and a desktop computer - lol.  This ole dog doesn't liketo learn new technology.....

Best Answer

I guess I spoke too soon, my Zip has not sync'd since yesterday at 2pm, I need my daily steps for another program and am not happy with the Zip replacing my old reliable pedometer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jkrieg I'm a little confused. May I ask with what device did you use to set up your Zip?

You say the computer does not have built in Bluetooth and you do not have a Bluetooth dongle. The computer will need to have Bluetooth to sync the tracker.

If the tracker has synced while the phone is off, I assume it is syncing through the computer.

So you have the Fitbit app on your answer phone? Could the Zoo be syncing through this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @jkrieg. Thanks for being around to help @Rich_Laue!

Thanks for listing your experience and mentioning everything that you have tried to get your Fitbit to work.

To better understand the situation and find the best possible way to move forward I'd like to ask you some questions:

• About your desktop computer, did you purchase it recently with the Windows 10 installed or did you already have it and just upgraded it to Windows 10?
  • Also, do you have a mobile device (a phone or tablet) that you could use in addition to the computer? If so, what phone or tablet is it?

Please let me know so that we can determine what is the best way to move forward.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Windows installed when purchased and I do have a phone and a Kindle Fire HD but prefer not to use them for this app.  

Last evening I checked my account and lo and behold everything was up to date.  I still don't know what happens for there to be some lag time but now that I am aware of that, I'll just ignore until the next time I check.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jkrieg.

Thanks for reaching back with those answers.

In this case it would seem that your computer does have Bluetooth installed and it seems to be working. Probably what is going on is that the app syncs automatically at some point of the day. 

You can click here to see steps on how to sync on demand, if you want to give it a look. However, from what you have said, it seems like everything is fine if only a bit delayed.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had my zip for a week or so and after a rough start finally got it to work correctly until 4pm yesterday afternoon.  Nothing since that time has synced and I have tried everything I could find about this on line.  If this is what I have to look forward to, then I'm done, never had any of these problems with my former pedometer but Humana decided it was not allowable any longer.  At my age I don't need these problems, I need something to work correctly and stay that way.  I am disgusted that I had to change to a Fitbit Zip!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer

Fitbit has syncing problems virtually across their entire product line.  Many, many people are frustrated by them.  Please try the steps that the moderators will suggest.  You may get lucky.  Many of us with the zip have to take the battery out and then put it back in before the zip will sync.  Just do it once a week ( the zip will store your steps that long) and limp along waiting for a fix

Best Answer
Thank you, I just did as you recommended, now I'll wait and see...
Best Answer

It's nice to see you in here @jkrieg. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Zip syncing inquiry. Thank you for trying everything you could find about this online. 

I order to better assist you could you please tell me if you're syncing your Zip with your phone or a computer and which is your phone's model?

Please also confirm that you have followed the steps of help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Thank you for your advise and comments @nitrodave.

I'll be here if you have more questions. 

Best Answer

This is really getting old.....last synced at 3pm Sunday 12/17 and nothing since.  We shouldn't have to take out the battery and put it back every time this happens.  There is a problem with this gadget!  Get someone to look into this and take care of it!  Never had any problems with my old pedometer that  Humana outdated and sent me this gizmo.

Best Answer

Never mind. The battery is not dead now but I still wish Fitbit would fix the syncing issue. We shouldn't have to remove the battery everytime we want to sync with the app.

EDIT - It still isn't syncing. The symbol for syncing turns and then stops after a minute. I feel like throwing the Zip in the bin. It's basically useless if I can't see previous data.

Best Answer

Me, too, except my Zip won't even sync when I remove/reinstall the battery. At this point I'm using it for personal monitoring to maintain personal step goals. I miss the original Humana gear as well.

Best Answer
I am using a brand new ZIP and a Pixel with Android 9.0 and the latest
security update. I use my phone with various Bluetooth devices with now
problem. At the end of the day, I start the Fitbit app and attempt to sync
with the ZIP. The app just keeps "Looking" for the ZIP. Sometimes, I can
get it to sync by killing the app and cycling Bluetooth then restarting the
app. Usually I have to pop the battery on the ZIP and then restarting the
ZIP. However I get it to work it is only good for 1 sync. Next time I have
to go thru it again.
I have tried everything mentioned on these posts. When they work it is only
good for 1 cycle.

Very frustrating.

Bill
Best Answer

Hi @jkrieg and @Maria2018 , thanks for sharing your feedback, we've already escalated this issue. While we don't have a timeline for resolution, we will continue to investigate this.

@RetiredNKY thanks for sharing those details with us. Why don't you try these steps? And let me know how it goes. 

@SunsetRunner thanks for trying those steps, in your case please make sure these requirements are met:

• The Fitbit app is installed on a supported phone or tablet. To check, see Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?
  • The latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone or tablet. 
  • Your phone or tablet has a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To check, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth.
  • The software on your phone or tablet is up to date. To check, go to Settings > System > Phone update.
  • If you use more than one device to sync, make sure the other device isn't nearby. If the device is nearby, turn off Bluetooth on it.
  • Your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.
  • The firmware on your Fitbit device is up to date as described in How do I update my Fitbit device?

If syncing difficulty persists, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and try to sync. If your device still doesn't sync we might have to check with our support team.

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I got it working by setting it up as a replacement device.

Best Answer

Tried that....works once and then I am back to pulling the battery.

Best Answer
I have to use the battery trick every other day, shouldn't have to, they need to fix the problem!
Best Answer