Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logout missing from dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Logout function is missing from dashboard and replaced by profile. Have to go to activities to be able to logout. Also now you have to click on dashboard several times to get to the main page when starting the program.

ZooKeeper Ted
Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Click on the gear upper corner and Logout is there

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks Wendy, but there is no longer a gear icon on my dashboard unless I go to an activity. Having used Fit Bits for seven years I know all it's normal and abnormal problems and this is new and abnormal.

ZooKeeper Ted
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KOM6420tm Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for letting us know that you've been a Fitbit user for seven years. 

It's pretty weird that you're not seeing the Log out option in the gear icon. The website design hasn't changed, please cleared cookies and cache and try logging out again. 

If you're still not seeing this option, please attach a screenshot of the options that you get when you click on your profile. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

-- The entire gear icon is missing from the Dashboard. In order to
logout I have to click "Dashboard" twice (which is also new). Then click
on "Log", click on "activities" and that is the first time I see the
gear icon with the normal selections including "Logout" I'll send a
screenshot tomorrow. I will also try clearing the browser cache.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

ZooKeeper Ted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't reply with video. Fit Bit support sucks.

ZooKeeper Ted
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KOM6420tm Thanks for getting back. Sorry to hear that the "Logout" button is still missing. 

I would like you to make sure you're following this procedure to attach a screenshot. Which browser are you using? Have you tried using another browser? Also, please make sure that the zoom of your screen is set to 100% and not more. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @KOM6420tm,

Please note that you're on the Fitbit.com dashboard part of the forum, so any posts in this section are assumed to be based on how the dashboard looks like in the website, NOT the Fitbit app on your phone (I've seen people confuse the two).  So this is what I'm seeing:

1. Go to the http://www.fitbit.com website.
  2. Click on the gear icon on the top right (near your profile picture).
  3. Click on the option to Log out.

To me, it looks like this:

PureEvil_0-1597851241815.png

If this is not what you're seeing, post a screenshot of what you're seeing.  All you need to do is to press Ctrl-PrtScn while on the dashboard and then Ctrl-V while posting.

I did the above by just using Snipping Tool and Paint; both which are installed on Windows.

I've seen the website occasionally get into a confused state and opening the Fitbit.com website on a new browser tab seems to get it working correctly again.  I would try that as well.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer