Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Data on app and dasboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/30/2019: Most missing data affected by the aforementioned issue has been restored, and should be visible in your account as normal. We believe that a small amount of data synced during the issue (Nov 29 3:40 PM - 9:00 PM PST) is still unavailable and are investigating recovery options.

Update 11/29/2019: This issue has been corrected, so no additional users will be affected. We are still working to determine whether the missing data can be restored. Thanks again for your patience while we work on this.

Hi Everyone- I've merged severaly threads together. We're aware that some users may see missing account data, including steps, sleep, and logged activities. We are investigating these reports and will provide an update once we have more information. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

All of my step data has disappeared - all previous & todays. It was there when I checked a few hours ago.

Best Answer

Same here. All my data going back to June is gone.

Best Answer

I just chatted and there is a big issue with some users.  I was told they are working on it but don't have an ETA on a fix.  If you want a case number for your issue you can chat with someone and ask about it.  I guess with this case # you can find out the solution (hoping there is one) easier?

Best Answer

Mine cleared too. I recorded workout about 2 1/2 hours ago and all synced. Now my band shows about a half a days progress but app is completely clear of steps. It shows past workouts but won't open. What?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit spontaneously lost /erased all of my data prior to today.  I was in a challenge and it erased my steps there too.  Anyone else had this happen?  I’m so mad and sad and irritated about it!!!

Best Answer

So I've had my FitBit Versa for exactly one week now and I had no complaints until today. I went to log my food on the FitBit app and I noticed that my calories burned and active minutes were not the same as  they were a hour ago and was displaying different numbers than my Versa. My Versa calories burned reads 3112 while the app shows 1599. Not sure why this has happen.  Also in Log Food tab I noticed that my Cals in vs. out have changed as well. I went from being under target all week to over target. The track exercise was also rest. I reached my goal of 3 weekly exercises and now it's not showing my goal wasn't met but my exercise are still logged. I've reset and relinked my devices serval times and nothing seems to work. This is quite frustrating because i don't know the root cause of this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All step counts have disappeared - today & all previous counts. Were there about 4 hours ago. Only counted the last hour of my 14 hours

Best Answer

Are you sure it is just sleep data?  I lost sleep and all past days step data.  I reported it via chat and there is a "known issue" and I was promised and email once there was an update.  You may want to call or open a chat session to get help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me too. I do have the total for the day at this point and that I moved every hour.

Best Answer

Mine might have been affected too. Suddenly my calories burned section shows exactly the same calories burned for the last 3 weeks, and my calories burned for today (which is what tipped me off) we're lower than I had remembered. Thought I was going crazy. Not fun, but glad I'm not the only one affected. My steps are still showing up accurately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just talked to someone via chat. Internal issue, allow 24 hours for it to be fixed.

Best Answer

Mine just did the same thing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to me. 3 years of steps, sleep records, and heart rates have been wiped out. But all my weight recording from my scale are there. Restarted the Fitbit and phone, even logged in an out of account on phone. Check account online. While it says I have 5 million steps over 3 years, it only shows record of today’s. 

Best Answer

I'd like to add that I just had the same thing happen to me. All of my steps and active minutes for the previous week disappeared. I clicked on today's step total so that I could look at the bar graph for the week to see if they were still registered there. They were - for about 5 seconds - and then they disappeared there too. Very strange.

I did charge my Alta today, but that doesn't normally have that effect.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the update.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The same thing happened to me about an hour ago.  Only steps left are those from the last two days.  All history disappeared...gone.

Best Answer

When I synced my charge 2 today, it shows today’s information, but everything for the last 3 years is gone in my past history. I have restarted my phone, disconnected my Bluetooth, and restarted my charge 2. Any other suggestions to retieve the data?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the day total, but lost the hourly count except for the last hour.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Exactly. You have more history than I do. I have today's step count, and then nothing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I bought an Alta HR on Nov 14.  Was working great, then about one hour hour ago the dashboard lost the history from the past 2 weeks and my data from today changed to inaccurate numbers.  Now I am wondering if I should return it to the store for a refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes