Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Data on app and dasboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/30/2019: Most missing data affected by the aforementioned issue has been restored, and should be visible in your account as normal. We believe that a small amount of data synced during the issue (Nov 29 3:40 PM - 9:00 PM PST) is still unavailable and are investigating recovery options.

Update 11/29/2019: This issue has been corrected, so no additional users will be affected. We are still working to determine whether the missing data can be restored. Thanks again for your patience while we work on this.

Hi Everyone- I've merged severaly threads together. We're aware that some users may see missing account data, including steps, sleep, and logged activities. We are investigating these reports and will provide an update once we have more information. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

Happened to me about 15 minutes ago when my blaze synced to my iPhone 7(IOS v12.3).  I logged into the fitbit web site and it seems to have lost all my data since 2013.  At the moment only today's steps, and calories remain (sync'd from my fitnesspal), everything else is either missing or wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me after syncing earlier - no issues for months and all of a sudden, ALL of my historical data (steps, sleep, HR, etc) has been cleared out 😞

FITBIT - Is there a problem with your servers? My historical data has disappeared from my phone and my online account.

Best Answer

Happened to me too.  Eventually synced and got some of the steps back but not all.  Sleep data and some activity data missing too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, but all historical data, not just five days. Sleep, steps, everything except today's steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's another post about this. It seems to have happened to several people. All my historical data is gone.

Best Answer

Happened to me about 15 minutes ago when my blaze synced to my iPhone 7(IOS v12.3).  I logged into the fitbit web site and it seems to have lost all my data since 2013.  At the moment only today's steps, and calories remain (sync'd from my fitnesspal), everything else is either missing or wrong.

Best Answer
Yup, all my historical data has also vanished 😢
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too.  I was out walking and suddenly I am at the bottom of my challenge and nothing there for the other days.  Help, what happened?

Best Answer

Same just happened to me. 😞

Best Answer

So not just me?  It started with not receiving notifications on texts and tonight - nothing except today's steps but the activity level is wrong.  What is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just realized the same problem with mine. I had data for the past 3 years all gone. I only have my steps & sleep for today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me too! I tried restarting my phone, updating the app, resetting my Alta, turning my Bluetooth on and off, etc and nothing has worked so far. I had four years of data wiped. I was in a group workweek hustle and it reset my steps to what I’ve done today, yet my trophy from a daily showdown still shows that I won, and all of the goal days in the workweek hustle still show. 

Yo say i’n Infuriated is an understatement. I’ve gone through four fitbits in four years and this will definitely be my last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mistake  - today's steps are still there . 

Best Answer

I just did a sync between my charge 3 and I phone.  I lost all the data except the step count.  All of the previous days data is also gone.  I did a restart and another sync but no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Support says they are experiencing a system wide problem, so hopefully the
data in the database is safe and they will restore access soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine cleared everything also 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep same thing happened to me as well. Wondering if it could be a server failure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I emailed Fitbit about the issue and haven’t heard back 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try uninstalling your app from the phone, reinstall it amd log back in. Let us know if your data is back.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged in this morning and my sleep data was all there. When I just checked it, it shows my sleep and wake up times but all the data for how well I slept is gone and it says I slept 0 minutes. I tried restarting and that didn’t help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes