Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying exercise type now impossible

The old format of the app (iPhone) was so much nicer. Before the last update I was able to go into the exercise section, click manage data, go to exercise section and still change the exercise category.

They have now eliminated this completely. So this exercise tracker company has decided we can only stick to their limited list of defined workouts, and everything else shall be generic ‘workout.’ This is incredibly annoying.

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27
No update my contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried using the Chat support option...if this is correct this is not good news

07:53 am
Hi, I have a Charge 5 and I'm using an iPhone. I've noticed that the auto-detected exercise is incorrect.
I cannot change the exercise type. You used to be able to do it in the iOS app but no longer
I also attempted to change it in the Web dashboard and also that does not work
I'm running iOS app version 4.13
Can you help me change the exercise type for my workouts?

07:56 am
Alejandro
I will be more than happy to help you with your Fitbit Charge 5 which you can't change the exercise type and you used to
For documentation purposes, could you please verify your country of residence, Michael?

United States

Alejandro
Thank you so much for that information.
Unfortunately Michael you can't modify anymore the type of exercise or change the name

07:59 am
Is that a bug or by design?

08:00 am
Alejandro
Design
Since the last updates
But..
You can do something
You know that you can create exercises from the App, so you can create an exercise with the name you want and start the exercise manually before start the exercise as such, so basically from now on you can't let it start automatically but manually \

08:01 am
OK, much less convenient. I can do then for when I'm doing a planned activity but if I'm doing something else and the Fitbit "auto detects" then I can do nothing it seems.
If possible, I'd like to register this as a design flaw and a problem. The device is much less useful if I cannot reclassify the data for accuracy.

08:04 am
Alejandro
Absolutely, please write your complaint and I'll let it on the system

Best Answer

@mconwell my understanding was that they were working on a fix to restore the ability to edit workout names in the Fitbit app. If that is no longer the case, that is very concerning. This is a basic feature, which we had access to for many years. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am absolutely floored that nothing has been done about this.  I bought my Fitbit Charge 6 a week ago, and now I find out I can't change the exercise type?  It recorded me raking the yard as a 'Swim'.

This should be a basic, seamless, required function . . . not even a 'feature'.  

Ridiculous! I am so ticked off!

Best Answer

Every time I cut the grass it shows up as “Outdoor Bike”.  Always has, but I used to be able to change it to Walk.  Another disappointment for my Charge 6, the app and the Google account.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kay_nl   I could not edit an activity on the website either, it auto recorded lawn mowing as a bike ride.  I’ve been able to edit self started activities tho.  Kind of annoying…

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. It was easy to categorize exercise type before. I can’t change now and have to delete exercise totally and log correctly. Also, harder to delete wrong sleep out. When you are reading or watching a movie and it logs sleep. Sleep display so hard to read. 

Best Answer
At least we can modify and delete sleep. I frequently get two sleep
periods, maybe 15 minutes apart (no sleep score even if 4-5 hours). I
delete on and modify the other to cover both periods.

Exercise is not possible. I go for a bike ride every Monday afternoon and
I don’t even own a bike.
Best Answer
0 Votes