Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net carbs on Food Log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I view NET CARBS on the Daily Food Log?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

the Chrome extension is great. Many thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Went ahead and posted an idea request for Fitbit to start showing Net Carbs when displaying macros; any progress on development of this idea?

Best Answer

hey thats great how did you get net carbs?

Best Answer
0 Votes

pasting my previous response..

Did a little search and figured this out.. Its a Google chrome browser extension.. Install the extention from the link below and then check your food log again on the Chrome browser. You will see Net carbs now.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/fitbitketo/gkpaagblehjajcbedipoaipnhclecemn?hl=en

Best Answer
Got it Thank you! 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Patiently waiting, but so far, nobody from FB has responded to my request.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Everyone! Thank you so much for the alternative solution that you've shared. @T-Mo The suggestions that are posted in our Ideas Board are viewed by our engineers and developers. The idea status will change as soon as it's reviewed. If it's going to be implemented it will show under consideration. 

Thank you for posting your idea. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This issue has been circulating on the Fitbit community for quite awhile with no action by the engineers or developers even though a non-Fitbiter found a way to provide net carb info through Google Chrome. So, here's some motivation. The new FitBit product that is available for pre-order looks very good. But, I will not buy another Fitbit product until net carbs are reported in the food log. If this takes too much longer, I will forsake Fitbit altogether and buy an Apple Watch.
Best Answer

Yes, I have to go use Myfitnesspal as well. I wish I had known this before paying for the Premium version of Fitbit otherwise I would have put the money toward the Myfitnesspal instead. I do hope Fitbit will include more customization soon.

Best Answer
Google chrome extension works like charm.
Best Answer
0 Votes
True, but it only works on my laptop, not my iPhone or iPad, which I use more often. If Fitbit would just add net carbs to the log, we could access the information from any device.
Best Answer

FitBit also needs to update the Add Nutrition Information for food additions to include Sugar Alcohols so that they can be calculated out to more acurately reflect true Net Carbs.  Those of us with Diabetes also have to keep close tabs on our carb intake more so than calories.  I use my FitBit to make sure that I am getting proper exercise AND to keep track of my diet (especially carbs).  There should be enough medical reasons, and users interested, for FitBit to jump at the chance to help us better track our net carbs.

Best Answer
Sugar alcohols need to be separated if tracked because some people have to
count them as carbs. It isn't an easy issue, but I know people not using
FitBit because they can't track carbs correctly.
Best Answer
Thanks competentgirl. That makes sense. Perhaps FitBit could at least add
Sugar Alcohols to the "Add Nutritional Information" template and possibly
add "Sugar Alcohols" to the "Daily Totals" pane alongside "Total Carbs" and
"Net Carbs" calculated without considering Sugar Alcohols. If "Sugar
Alcohols" could be listed alongside Carbs, Fat, Protein, etc, those of us
that need to subtract them could simply and quickly compare at a glance in
the "Daily Totals Pane". If Sugar Alcohols are listed in the "Add
Nutritional Information" template, it would make it so much easier to add
foods. As it is, I have to manually create all foods that contain them so
that I can subtract them from the carb count. I am unable to simply use
the FitBit search feature, or scan the barcode as sugar alcohols have not
been subtracted. It's very time consuming, but I would prefer to keep
everything within my FitBit App and Dashboard without having to rely on a
third-party app and/or import into FitBit. These simple additions would
greatly help people with Diabetes, Epilepsy, Low-Carb Dieters, and anyone
else that really needs to keep a close eye on our Net Carb intake for our
health. As I mentioned earlier, adding this feature/ability may even
attract more FitBit users who would prefer a less-tedious, all-in-one
solution their exercise and dietary needs. Again... Thanks for your input!

ADD: "*Net Carbs*" (Total Carbs minus (-) Dietary Fiber) and add "*Sugar
Alcohols*" separately.
[image: Inline image 1]
Best Answer
FYI for any FitBit Moderators and anyone else interested, I have added to the post created by Netcarbs in the infamous Idea Request forum and created one of my own. We'll see if FitBit listens to us. Posted by Netcarbs: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Include-net-carbs-in-nutritional-info-and-totals/id... AND https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Need-to-Track-NET-CARBS/idc-p/1400215#M65469
Best Answer

We have been told repeatedly that the FitBit engineers and developers review the posts in the "Ideas" forum, including from a moderator in this thread.  Maybe it's just me and that someone smarter than me can explain why the post that Netcarbs made (that I referenced above) to the infamous "Ideas" forum back on 9/20/2015 is still marked as "NEW"?!?!?  I just posted mine yesterday, so I understand mine is "NEW", but her post is still new after 10 months!  At what interval do the engineers and moderators "review" this forum?  It's hard to believe that they haven't seen it in 10 months.

Are there any FitBit moderators here that can answer that question?

Best Answer

I think the ideas that are implemented are only those ideas that improve the bottom line, ones that will eat into the bottom line end up ignored, this is an idea that squarly fits into the latter.

Best Answer
I agree. I'm one of the people eating low carb for epilepsy, but sugar
alcohols are carbs to my body.
Best Answer
I decided months ago that, while I would like to have the new, slicker Fitbit watch, I am not buying it unless and until they address the net carb issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes we NEED Net Carbs and Sugar Alcohol added. I have an older fitbit and am discouraged that I have to have seperate apps to record and show this. I'm not even using the nutritional of course because it's means nothing to me. I'd happily put the money on a new Blaze if it included this and made my life easier.

Best Answer