Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net carbs on Food Log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I view NET CARBS on the Daily Food Log?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Hi Silvia,

The question about net carbs refers to the fact that Gross carb count, which fitbit posts on the food log, should have fiber count, also listed on food log, subtracted to find a daily net carb intake.  No, the Fitbit food log does not show net carbs.  It shows gross.  

Those of us who are mathmatically impaired must do the math:  the daily food log carb total - the daily food log fiber total = Net carbs.  

This is very important for people on a high fiber, low carb diet who can only know their true Net Carb Daily intake by this calculation.  

Most fiber supplements are listed as a carb, but you body processes carb/fiber differently, so it can look like you ate too many carbs if you don't subtract the fiber from your total.  Keto, low carb, etc. dieters should always use Net Carbs for a more accurate daily count.

(research is divided on whether or not to subtracting both insoluable and soluble fiber to calculate net carbs)

Best Answer

Hey everyone! I agree that it would be great to have something like this, it would be a great contribution for sure to the daily food log. I suggest visiting our Feature Request board to make  your voice heard. Make sure of looking for similar existing ideas on the searching bar to vote and add your comments. 

Happy stepping! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

If it's been 2 years and they have not heard these voices, I'm not sure how burying it in a new section is going to be helpful. But, I posted it anyway.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Display-Carbs-on-food-log/idi-p/1514063#M76388

EDIT: Funnily, the system does not even let me vote on the submission...

Best Answer

I completely understand your point @damaged, new features, products and services take time, but you did a great contribution by jumping in the idea, thanks! Heart

See you, I'll be around! 

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Where do I find "LOOG" on the dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @SurgeStorms! Please make sure that you're seeing this in your online Dashboard, this is how it should look like. 

logfeature.PNG

Additionally, if you're using your app. The log feature will be different, when using Android there's a plus sign in the bottom right corner and there you'll be able to log your information. If you have an iOS then the plus symbol will show in the middle of the screen. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Still having trouble locating "daily totals" in app????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @KateSullivan! Currently, you're not able to check the daily totals in the app. However, you may want to vote for this idea Track Macros in App (daily carbs/protein/fat intake) because those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

"because those ideas are viewed by our engineers and developers."

And in this case, systematically ignored for years.

Best Answer

I downloaded "Fitbit keto" Chrome extension a couple months ago, and it was working fine with Google chrome on my computer. About a week ago, it stopped working, and when the extension is enabled, my Fitbit website crashes. Once I disable the extension, the website works OK, but of course I don't see my net carbs anymore. Anyone else having these issues? Perhaps Fitbit Keto developers need to make an update? I previously used MyNetDiary for years and it was great - if I go back to that I will have to pay for premium to link it to Fitbit 😞 I wish there was a way to do all of this in just 1 Fitbit app on my phone !!!!

Best Answer

I have a question regarding Net Carbs v Carbs concerning the display.  When I am tracking my percentages, because I have started a Keto Diet, does the Carb % reflect total Carbs consumed or my Net Carbs consumed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Total carbs!  That's what this thread is about.  For such an advanced piece of fitness wear, Fitbit is one of the few meal trackers that doesn't offer this.  Anyone following a low-carb diet (Atkins, Keto, South Beach, etc.) is SOL. 

Best Answer

Agreed would love to have this added!! 

Best Answer

you still have to do that subtraction manually.... it's pathetic these developers can't tweak the app to include that so we can see trends by that figure rather than the actual carbs without the fiber subtracted. 

April Steele
Best Answer

Does Fitbit track full carbs or net carbs? Would be nice to know it tracks net carbs so I can stop using two apps for being healthy.

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @DebbieLynn1972! Currently, Fitbit tracks just full carbs. If you want to learn more about it check How do I track my food with Fitbit?

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

I agree! I am so happy everything is in this app so I don't have to put yet another battery-draining app on my phone. However, it would be AWESOME if it could calculate net carbs as well as it's hard to get an accurate macros reading without it. Thanks for considering this feedback! 

Best Answer
Most definitely!!!
I love my Fitbit and the app and it don't want to have to use something
else.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Jebbica! Hello @DebbieLynn1972.

As mentioned above, at the moment we do not have that option. Perhaps you could support this idea to include them. While the ideas is categorized as Not Currently Planned, that doesn't mean that we are not paying attention to how its support grows or behaves. Leaving a vote would be great to let everyone know that you'd like to have it added.

Hope to see you around! Let us know if you need any assistance.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! We definitely need to at least have fiber count so we can calculate the net carbs ourselves if it can’t be stated in the food log!! Please make it so fitbit!

Best Answer