Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the new website sleep page at fitbit.com/sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

5/25/17 Edit: 

Hi all, we wanted to let you know that you can now see a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph on both our mobile apps and the website. Thanks for your patience while we worked to bring this to you.

4/13/17 Edit: 

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while our team reviewed your feedback. The following points of concern have been addressed:

• Multiple logins required when visiting the sleep page - this has been fixed
  • Count of awake/restless - these stats now appear in the daily sleep record
  • Total minutes awake/restless - this stat now appears in the daily sleep record

The recent changes to the website sleep page were intended to bring it into parity with the mobile app. With the above additions, you’ll now find identical information across these platforms:sleepstuff.pngThe one exception is a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph, which appears in our mobile apps but not the website. Our team is committed to bringing this function to the website sleep page later this year, with the goal of maintaining a consistent interface across all platforms.

Many of you also requested a “sleep quality percentage” stat. Our team has heard this interest, and are always exploring new features and tools that can help our users on their path to improve their sleep, health and fitness.

Thanks again for engaging in constructive conversation around these changes. If you have additional ideas, those can be posted on our Feature Suggestions board

4/4/17 Edit: I met with several teams today to make ensure that these concerns have been fully heard. At this point we've got some potential solutions under consideration, and I expect to hear back next week with something definitive to share with you.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your feedback and suggestions regarding the new Sleep page. I've merged a few threads into this one and updated the subject line to reflect the general discussion. Here are some answers to a couple common questions in this thread:

• How do I view/edit sleep data for an individual day?
    • Got to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep and click on any of the individual days below the bar graph to see data for that day. You can adjust start and end sleep times on this page.
  • Where is "Time to fall asleep"?
    • "Time to fall asleep"doesn't apply to trackers with automatic sleep detection (Flex and newer) - since you don't press a button to initiate sleep mode, there is no gap of time to measure between that action and the start of your sleep.
  • Why doesn't the "Today" button do anything?
    • Our team is looking into this.
  • Why do I have to login again when viewing the sleep page?

I've read through every post here, and it sounds like the feedback and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• I want to see a "Sleep Efficiency" score
  • I want to see the sum or times awake/restless
  • I want to see time duration when mousing over the bar graph
  • I want to see hour data when mousing over the sleep graph
  • I want to manually log multiple sleep sessions per day

To clarify: If you have a Blaze, Charge 2, or Alta HR, you will see Sleep Stages data on this page. The above feedback is from other users who instead see a graph that looks like this:

sleep screen shotsleep screen shot

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. Our team is definitely receptive to your feedback, and we will relay this info to them for consideration as they continue to refine and improve this page in the future.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Best Answer
1,014 REPLIES 1,014

Either my post was removed or there's been a problem as I couldn't submit it at first, so just in case:

Thanks Matthew for providing us with the latest feedback from the developers in regards to the different concerns that have been mentioned throughout this post.

The recent changes to the website sleep page were intended to bring it into parity with the mobile app.

I actually have two Android phones but with a version that doesn't support the FitBit app (they are pretty old), therefore I use the Windows 10 app for my laptop. What about those in my same situation? I used the website Dashboard on purpose to be able to read information like at which specific times I was awake or sleeping, as the Windows 10 app for PC doesn't. How long will I have to wait then for this function to be available again in the Dashboard? What am I supposed to do in the meantime until this is implemented back?

Not to repeat myself again, but like I wrote in post 740, the ideal thing would have been if FitBit, right from the start, had given their users the option to switch between one view and the other. E.g.: not only am I forced now to see the sleep stages just because I own a Charge 2 (which to me are of no use), but even on the rare occasion that I manage to see the sleep pattern the next morning, the information I'll have on the website will still be pointless.

Is all this worth losing so many loyal users? Isn't it better to give users options to choose from so that you can attract new ones while still keeping the old ones happy? Shouldn't users' satisfaction be the main priority?

After all, I'd say it's thanks to us that the company is what it is nowadays😕

Best Answer

excellent. thanks for the response. i guess i didn't get deep enough into the thread to see that comment.

Best Answer

Do you know when the next release will be?  Is your development team following Agile and doing daily deliveries?  If not, that might be useful.  I think people would be more understanding if you iterated and were faster to deploy fixes.

Best Answer

To the moderator who removed ALL CAPS on this post, the problem with FITBIT is your censorship.  You have not only alienated users of your FITBIT but word-of-mouth and posting on AMAZON telling others NOT to buy FITBIT should work wonders for your stock price.  Think UNITED AIRLINES!

Best Answer

in other words suck it up , oh my not laughed so much in minutes, it looks like they are responding by script....we know its no longer available, the problem is we want it back, as currently WE are NOT getting the BEST experience  quote from below " taking all the feedback that we receive from experiences like yours or from other customers, to implement these improvements in the functioning of our products" FITBIT have you read the complaints on this page about what the customer needs...maybe but the only response we get is put it in feature suggestions..THIS IS NOT NEW FEATURES WE WANT ..this must mean something different in translation from UK-English

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@Finley3 You don't need to manually log your sleep - your Flex will do it for you automatically if you update to the latest firmware. Check this article for help. If you still want to manually enter sleep logs, you can do so at the bottom-right of the sleep page. If you're still having trouble, please send me a screenshot of the error you're encountering so that I can help.

@ashwolve Again, this thread is about the website sleep page. This is not the place to discuss the progressive rollout of sleep stages on Charge 2. The thread I linked for you has all the info you need on that topic.

@kbygnes @Roserose @genya929 @Nenzina Our team has considered all the feedback in this thread, and have implemented most of the requests made by customers. We will soon be adding the aforementioned hover functionality to match the mobile apps - can you be specific about what else you would like to see added in the future? The more specific you can be about what you want, the better.

Best Answer

I wonder if FitBit management is even aware all this is going on. It just seems weird they're so tone-deaf, if in fact the management is aware.

Nenzina
Best Answer

@Nenzina Yes, I have had several meetings with the individuals responsible for making these decisions. Again, all the feedback in this thread has been considered, and changes were implemented where they felt it appropriate. As I mentioned above, nearly every suggestion in this thread has been addressed. If there's anything specific you'd still like to see, please let me know.

Best Answer

Are you accurately articulating the level of disappointment out here? This reminds me of the time a movie DVD & streaming company who I won't name  because I don't want my comments deleted. But one day they drastically increased the cost of their service while simultaneously changing how they release movies in a way that negatively impacted the customers - and they lost a huge number of customers almost overnight. What I am seeing here isn't normal.

Nenzina
Best Answer

how many times do we have to say, we want to see sleep efficiency, as in %. 

Best Answer

@Nenzina I'm aware that there is negativity in this thread, but my point is that we have actually implemented almost everything that was requested in this thread. I understand that change is hard, but instead of just posting general negativity, it would be constructive to post specific requests. I've asked you three time now if you can tell me specifically what you want to see changed on the sleep page. If you can't think of anything specific, I'd suggest taking a step back to reconsider why you're upset.

@joliz Yep, I know about that one, but it isn't going to be implemented at this time. I'm asking if there is anything else.

Best Answer
Seriously?
"Again, all the feedback in this thread has been considered, and changes
were implemented where they felt it appropriate. As I mentioned above,
nearly every suggestion in this thread has been addressed"

I feel like I'm listening to Sean Spicer having to make excuses for Trump.
Matthew I'[m sorry for you you have to do this - but you have to know this
is totally nonreponsive and really unacceptable.
Best Answer
Matthew,

I don't envy you your job, and thanks for sticking with it. I may have missed a couple of points, but all I want is the ability to see the graph, with a hover facility, that tells me within a a few minutes when I was asleep, awake or restless, and to be able to see that on an Android mobile phone. And whilst the "Sleep Insights" might be of passing interest, I am really more interested to see the data for me, and be able to react accordingly. Hopefully, the more important of these will be reinstated soon (i.e. with a definitive date for reinstatement). Many thanks
Best Answer

I want back what I had with regard to the detailed data for sleep - sleep efficiency, the times I was asleep/awake, etc.I thought that was obvious.

Nenzina
Best Answer

@retrogrouch Again, general negativity doesn't help at all - if you have a specific request, I'd like to hear it.

@SunsetRunner The hover functionality you mentioned is in development for the webpage, and should be available in the next update for the Android app (which is scheduled to go out today).

@Nenzina The number of times you were awake/restless was already added back to the sleep page. You can see those numbers there right now. We're not planning to add the percentage to this page, but that feedback has been heard. If you value that percentage, it can still be calculated using the data currently available on your sleep page or one of the third-party apps mentioned in this thread.

Best Answer

Matthew, it doesn't show me when I was asleep/awake, I used to be able to get the times of awake/asleep, etc. when I hovered over. Now I don't.

Nenzina
Best Answer

@Nenzina Beneath the graph you will see the number of times you were restless, the number of times you were awake awake, and the total time you spent restless and awake. The hover functionality you mentioned is currently in development and will be released on the website soon.

Best Answer
This is the same nonsense you did about a year ago with the food log. If
you cannot make the change across all platforms then don't make it. I use
the web and you have totally made a mess of things. I do not recommend
FITBIT to anyone instead, I tell them, don't buy it. The FITBIT company has
forgotten about its clients and instead has enmeshed itself in
self-adulation.
Best Answer

@S123 Is there something specific that you would like to see added to the sleep page? If you have any constructive feedback, I'd like to hear it.

Best Answer
What you implemented were for those who use an android and not the website.
So, as you did about a year ago, when you changed the format for the food
log that did not function across all platforms, you have now done the same
thing with the sleep log. You have not learned from your prior mistake.
This newest change has left most of us totally frustrated because we do not
have the same facility and information as with the original sleep log
format. This "improvement" has been another non-thought-out change by
FITBIT BRANIACS.
Best Answer