Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the new website sleep page at fitbit.com/sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

5/25/17 Edit: 

Hi all, we wanted to let you know that you can now see a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph on both our mobile apps and the website. Thanks for your patience while we worked to bring this to you.

4/13/17 Edit: 

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while our team reviewed your feedback. The following points of concern have been addressed:

• Multiple logins required when visiting the sleep page - this has been fixed
  • Count of awake/restless - these stats now appear in the daily sleep record
  • Total minutes awake/restless - this stat now appears in the daily sleep record

The recent changes to the website sleep page were intended to bring it into parity with the mobile app. With the above additions, you’ll now find identical information across these platforms:sleepstuff.pngThe one exception is a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph, which appears in our mobile apps but not the website. Our team is committed to bringing this function to the website sleep page later this year, with the goal of maintaining a consistent interface across all platforms.

Many of you also requested a “sleep quality percentage” stat. Our team has heard this interest, and are always exploring new features and tools that can help our users on their path to improve their sleep, health and fitness.

Thanks again for engaging in constructive conversation around these changes. If you have additional ideas, those can be posted on our Feature Suggestions board

4/4/17 Edit: I met with several teams today to make ensure that these concerns have been fully heard. At this point we've got some potential solutions under consideration, and I expect to hear back next week with something definitive to share with you.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your feedback and suggestions regarding the new Sleep page. I've merged a few threads into this one and updated the subject line to reflect the general discussion. Here are some answers to a couple common questions in this thread:

• How do I view/edit sleep data for an individual day?
    • Got to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep and click on any of the individual days below the bar graph to see data for that day. You can adjust start and end sleep times on this page.
  • Where is "Time to fall asleep"?
    • "Time to fall asleep"doesn't apply to trackers with automatic sleep detection (Flex and newer) - since you don't press a button to initiate sleep mode, there is no gap of time to measure between that action and the start of your sleep.
  • Why doesn't the "Today" button do anything?
    • Our team is looking into this.
  • Why do I have to login again when viewing the sleep page?

I've read through every post here, and it sounds like the feedback and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• I want to see a "Sleep Efficiency" score
  • I want to see the sum or times awake/restless
  • I want to see time duration when mousing over the bar graph
  • I want to see hour data when mousing over the sleep graph
  • I want to manually log multiple sleep sessions per day

To clarify: If you have a Blaze, Charge 2, or Alta HR, you will see Sleep Stages data on this page. The above feedback is from other users who instead see a graph that looks like this:

sleep screen shotsleep screen shot

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. Our team is definitely receptive to your feedback, and we will relay this info to them for consideration as they continue to refine and improve this page in the future.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Best Answer
1,014 REPLIES 1,014
I want the same ability to use the sleep log and information before FITBIT
messed with it. I use the website. I DO NOT use an android.
Best Answer

@S123 I hear that you're frustrated. Can you tell me specifically what feature you want to see on the new sleep page? I think you'll see that most of the requests in this thread have already been implemented. If you can tell me exactly what you want to see, I will do what I can to make that request heard.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit

You keep asking what we want but you don't seem to be understanding so I drew a picture of what I want.

I want the hours shown on the bottom of the chart on the Sleep Pattern page for today. Currently it only shows the sleep start time and sleep end time so you have no way of determining how your sleep was broken up and how long you slept for at a stretch. 

This is something that the old graph had and the new one does not which severely limits it's usefulness.

SO - what I want to know is...

Are you going to add this functionality back to the screen for those of us who do not have the Sleep Stages?

fitbit want.png

Best Answer

As joliz stated "how many times do we have to say, we want to see sleep efficiency, as in %." I have seen the request for sleep efficiency countless times in the previous posts. Yes, call it non constructive but, the new page is ugly and un-user friendly.  I also always used the web page  because I knew it "had" more functionality. I was OK with that. How ridiculous that we should have to make our data available to yet another third party company for them to sell and for us to have to manage when the data is already there. Seems FitBit is yet another company that knows what it's users want more than the users do. My Charge HR will remain on the night stand at night and probably most days . I know when I went to bed, If I got up to use the bathroom and when I got up in the morning. 

Best Answer

@LainieF Thanks for the illustration! Our team is currently working on a hover functionality, which will allow you to hover your mouse over the graph and see a timestamp wherever the mouse goes. This will let you see exactly what time it was when you had awake or restless time, and I think it will provide the same benefit that you described.

Best Answer

Mathew:

You keep asking for specific things that should be added, and you also keep saying that most of the requests have been implemented.  There have been numerous requests throughout this thread for restoration of our previous ability to manually log multiple separate sleep episodes within a given day.  Those requests have not even been acknowledged, let alone implemented.

Best Answer

@belltapper Our team received and considered the feedback around that request, but did not decide to implement it at this time. If you'd like to see it added, you can submit a Feature Suggestion.

Best Answer

Is this a bot responding?

Nenzina
Best Answer

@Nenzina I assume you're referring to the fact that I've had to repeat myself several times. I assure you that I wouldn't be doing that unless necessary. However, the same questions are being repeated, and I am trying to get everyone an answer. If something was unclear about my response to you, let me know.

Best Answer

Matt, It's hard not to be generally negative when the responses from the company are so much double speak and avoidance. But that said - My largest annoyance - I am missing the hover functionality on the sleep bar graph. Eg., I like to see when my uninterrupted sleep started and ended, when I got up, etc. I hope that's the hover functionality you said would be back today. Hopeful.

Best Answer

I agree,  it's awful and would not recommend Fitbit to friends...where is the old schedule that we had?

Best Answer

I would like to be able to edit sleep time without losing data, as the warning is if you try. 

Best Answer

Could you please list specifically what the actual changes have been in response to all the customer dissatisfaction? I'm not seeing ANY return to functionality in the sleep data from my Flex. Thank you.

Or perhaps we have a different understanding of the word "addressed."

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@Nenzina Yes, I have had several meetings with the individuals responsible for making these decisions. Again, all the feedback in this thread has been considered, and changes were implemented where they felt it appropriate. As I mentioned above, nearly every suggestion in this thread has been addressed. If there's anything specific you'd still like to see, please let me know.

Best Answer

-We want times on the sleep graph - merely showing the start sleep time and end sleep time is not helpful.  We want to be able to see the times corresponding to the awake and restless periods on the graph.

-We want to see how long it takes us to fall asleep.

-In case we forget to turn the Fitbit to sleep mode, we want to be able to enter the time we went to sleep when it was after midnight. 

These things have been mentioned repeatedly over the past several weeks, but are still not fixed.

Best Answer

You know that we all want the old format back to how it was before your people tampered with it

We want to see what percentage of sleep we had as in 90% or 100%

We want to be able to hover over the various stages and and see what time we were disturbed in the night.

We want it back the way it was and not have to pay premium for what we had for free

Best Answer

Hello Matthew,

specifically I would like

1)the times (clock) and duration of awake and restless times

2) the sleep efficiency 

thanks

Best Answer

@yssirk

Thanks, I've just tried your suggestion and love it

AurelieSmiley Very Happy

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@Finley3 You don't need to manually log your sleep - your Flex will do it for you automatically if you update to the latest firmware. Check this article for help. If you still want to manually enter sleep logs, you can do so at the bottom-right of the sleep page. If you're still having trouble, please send me a screenshot of the error you're encountering so that I can help.

@ashwolve Again, this thread is about the website sleep page. This is not the place to discuss the progressive rollout of sleep stages on Charge 2. The thread I linked for you has all the info you need on that topic.

@kbygnes @Roserose @genya929 @Nenzina Our team has considered all the feedback in this thread, and have implemented most of the requests made by customers. We will soon be adding the aforementioned hover functionality to match the mobile apps - can you be specific about what else you would like to see added in the future? The more specific you can be about what you want, the better.

(Let me try posting this.... a third time! Maybe it will show up this time.)

OK, I'll go ahead and take a stab at trying to explain what we want. I guess just saying we want the functionality and ease-of-use of the old sleep chart we had before isn't enough.

We want: "Your Sleep Efficiency".... as a percentage. Yes, we want that! That cute graphic with the bubble and the ZZZZ  was a nice touch and made it easy to pick out that info at a glance (ease-of-use).

We (I) also want: "You went to bed at", "time to fall sleep", no. of times awake and restless, "you were in bed for" and "Actual sleep time"... in this logical sequence!! Graphically, it was easy to pick out the information. Some of that info has been returned to us but we have to go between two charts to see it. The old sleep chart had it all in one place and in a very logical sequence (ease-of-use).

We also want: The actual time (eg. 2:03am, 3:53 am) that we are awake/restless/asleep. I guess that's the timestamp thing that is apparently coming back. Again, that was in the old sleep chart, above the info mentioned in my last point and beside the bubble with the ZZZZ. All in one convenient place! (ease-of-use)

What we DON'T want is: that big eggplant coloured graph that tells us nothing we didn't already know! It is next to useless. If I could skip that page, I would. But, we have to click on the arrow on "today's" line to get any useful info at all. That takes us to another page with the "Sleep pattern" graph and some info below it. That page is just a watered-down, less user-friendly (no times along the X-axis?) and less informative version of the old sleep graph page (remember the blue and pink page with the cute graphic of the bubble and the ZZZZ).

We DON'T want to have to go back and forth between two charts/graphs for each day to get our info. It's annoying. Not user-friendly at all.

This is my first Fitbit and I've only had it a few weeks so I'm not as familiar with the old sleep stats, and graph as some of you. But what I do know is it was very easy to use and gave me the info I wanted. And it was all logically presented!! This new incarnation is a dumbed-down version and does not present the info it does have in any kind of logical, user-friendly way.

I've tried to summarize what we want as best I could. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Why can't you bring back the time stamps? It matters not to me whether it matches.

I'm sorry, but this info without a timestamp is useless to me. I still look at the HR, but it's just info, not needed for me. All other programs do not pertain to me due to a spinal injury.

The tracker is now useless to me.

Will you ever bring a time stamp back for the CHARGE HR 2?

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit

I am glad that you are doing something to replace that functionality.

To be perfectly honest, I would be happier just to have the hour intervals at the bottom of the graph so that the information is available at soon as I open the page. Why should I have to hover if I don't need to?

The hover option is nice if I really want to drill down into the data but it was clear and concise in the prior design. The user was able to view the data when the page was first displayed.

Also - is the today button on the sleep page ever going to be enabled?

Best Answer