Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the new website sleep page at fitbit.com/sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

5/25/17 Edit: 

Hi all, we wanted to let you know that you can now see a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph on both our mobile apps and the website. Thanks for your patience while we worked to bring this to you.

4/13/17 Edit: 

Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while our team reviewed your feedback. The following points of concern have been addressed:

• Multiple logins required when visiting the sleep page - this has been fixed
  • Count of awake/restless - these stats now appear in the daily sleep record
  • Total minutes awake/restless - this stat now appears in the daily sleep record

The recent changes to the website sleep page were intended to bring it into parity with the mobile app. With the above additions, you’ll now find identical information across these platforms:sleepstuff.pngThe one exception is a timestamp while hovering over the sleep graph, which appears in our mobile apps but not the website. Our team is committed to bringing this function to the website sleep page later this year, with the goal of maintaining a consistent interface across all platforms.

Many of you also requested a “sleep quality percentage” stat. Our team has heard this interest, and are always exploring new features and tools that can help our users on their path to improve their sleep, health and fitness.

Thanks again for engaging in constructive conversation around these changes. If you have additional ideas, those can be posted on our Feature Suggestions board

4/4/17 Edit: I met with several teams today to make ensure that these concerns have been fully heard. At this point we've got some potential solutions under consideration, and I expect to hear back next week with something definitive to share with you.

Hi everyone, and thanks for your feedback and suggestions regarding the new Sleep page. I've merged a few threads into this one and updated the subject line to reflect the general discussion. Here are some answers to a couple common questions in this thread:

• How do I view/edit sleep data for an individual day?
    • Got to https://www.fitbit.com/sleep and click on any of the individual days below the bar graph to see data for that day. You can adjust start and end sleep times on this page.
  • Where is "Time to fall asleep"?
    • "Time to fall asleep"doesn't apply to trackers with automatic sleep detection (Flex and newer) - since you don't press a button to initiate sleep mode, there is no gap of time to measure between that action and the start of your sleep.
  • Why doesn't the "Today" button do anything?
    • Our team is looking into this.
  • Why do I have to login again when viewing the sleep page?

I've read through every post here, and it sounds like the feedback and concerns can be summarized as the following:

• I want to see a "Sleep Efficiency" score
  • I want to see the sum or times awake/restless
  • I want to see time duration when mousing over the bar graph
  • I want to see hour data when mousing over the sleep graph
  • I want to manually log multiple sleep sessions per day

To clarify: If you have a Blaze, Charge 2, or Alta HR, you will see Sleep Stages data on this page. The above feedback is from other users who instead see a graph that looks like this:

sleep screen shotsleep screen shot

Please let me know if there's something specific that is not on this list. Our team is definitely receptive to your feedback, and we will relay this info to them for consideration as they continue to refine and improve this page in the future.

I know that any change is going to be a little jarring, but please remember to keep your posts respectful and on-topic, per our Community Guidelines. This thread will be better for everyone as a constructive conversation.

Best Answer
1,014 REPLIES 1,014

@S123 wrote:
I want the same ability to use the sleep log and information before FITBIT
messed with it. I use the website. I DO NOT use an android.

I can't believe that the sleep tracker can't even handle two "sessions" at one time.  The prior software always knew when I went back to sleep within 1/2 hour or so it would consider it one session, if longer, it knew two.  But I was up less than 15 minutes at 3, and I had to manually enter the second session.  Nothing about this sleep tracker seems "user friendly" anymore.  I think it's time to look for a replacement.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbitwrote:
(...)

@Nenzina The number of times you were awake/restless was already added back to the sleep page. You can see those numbers there right now. We're not planning to add the percentage to this page, but that feedback has been heard. If you value that percentage, it can still be calculated using the data currently available on your sleep page or one of the third-party apps mentioned in this thread.

@MatthewFitbit- Seriously? Calculate it yourself? Go to a 3rd party site? That's FitBit's answer? "Suck it up buttercup". You and/or the company cannot be that obtuse. The updates to the dashboard has severely compromised the level of detail that we can access to the data - which FitBit is still selling to 3rd parties. That chokes me to no end.

And your response is go to a 3rd party to data mine FitBit's database. I was the one who suggested the 3rd party as a work around because of FitBit's complete lack of response in addressing our collective issues. 
You cannot say that the developers have addressed almost all of the comments in this thread. You're cherry picking - or they've been deleted. All of my issues and comments haven't been addressed, not to mention my outrage at having the Charge 2 change in sleep tracking which you claim is a separate issue - but it's not, because it is still viewable in the awake/restless/asleep form as can be attested by the 3rd party site. Do not say - go to the 'request features' forum to request a toggle between the two. As has been stated many, many times in this thread: you cannot claim that it's a new feature to request that one (being a view of the data) that was removed to be reinstated or to have the ability to choose to view in that form vs the new is a new feature. 

"Change is hard." That's right it is. When a device that I have bought all of a sudden, not through malfunction, but by  the manufacturer's design has less functionality - that is a bitter pill to swallow. You cannot be surprise at negativity shown in the thread. We've made the requests over and over again in the thread. Restore the functionality that was removed. Don't roll out changes before they're ready and fully vetted with no loss of functionality. Now that it's been turned into such a dog's breakfast - come back to us with a schedule for the restoration of said functionality. Release x will fix/restore y and be released on date A. Release X.1 will fix/restore Z and be released on date B. A software release plan and tell us what it is. And when demonstrates that FitBit is meeting it, then maybe the negativity will abate. Assuming that we don't give up on FitBit all together and leave. 

The website it still riddled with inconsistencies, bugs and lack of detail that we had before Mar 27th.

Best Answer

totally agree! well said! 

Fitbit, you have not addressed what we want,

Best Answer

@Jeni_B I Agree totally and I also have been told that it is a Charge 2 Roll Out issue and to wait until Update X, also it seems strange but I no longer receive email alerts for new posts on here, I had the following

sleep2.jpg

1, we all know and love - as you see we have had - response - no intention to put back, put in as feature request

2, Edit enabled us to switch from Normal to Sensitive and have immediate data corresponding to that - Response - none that I can see (apologies if it has been addressed) with anything other than put in as a feature request.

3, Hover Over - Response - This is being addressed and SHOULD be available with the next stage of updates (ok great)

4, time stamp - another useful tool to be able to tell when awake and asleep - especially for those of us who are not teenagers anymore - Response - I need not go on as apparently this is off topic to this thread and is a charge 2 roll out issue...I THINK NOT - this I have had for the last 2 years under 4 Charge HR's (yes I kept on with Fitbit even after 4 trackers in 2 years) - oh and one more thing I will not be bullied into silence

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

I just switched over from a Charge HR to a Charge 2. It is not tracking my sleep cycles at all. I've troubleshooted and updated everything... still nothing. I was super excited about this fuction. Anyone have any advice? 

Best Answer

@Ecdockter HI, I have been informed by Moderator Matthew that the charge 2 sleep stages is still being rolled out and the best form of action is to wait until the next set of updates and will be notified on the following thread  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-Sleep-Stages/m-p/1907433#M39643

Hope I have passed this on correctly

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Yah I hate this format. I can't tell anything. Can only look at those stupid bars on my phone. Have to go on my computer to get more info. 

This tells me nothing anymore - really crappy change.

Best Answer

So... a third party application can provide all the information I'm looking for, but Fitbit can't! What's the deal @MatthewFitbit?? The snapshot below is what Fitbit used to provide to us in our Dashboard and what I want to see again on my dashboard without having to go to a third party app. These are not new features, but features that were taken away. Yeah... you order these items from the menu and pay for it, but guess what... we changed chef's and we can't serve you what you ordered and paid for any longer. I'm pretty sure that's what the term bait and switch means.

ThirdParty.png

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit - I am sure that I have read on here somewhere that we can now see the number of times awake and restless on the web but I can't see where.  If I click on how did you sleep  see more I get a list of totals in a bar graph.  If I then go into the individual day I can see how many times I was awake in the sleep stages but restlessness isn't mentioned anywhere - where am I going wrong please?  

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit I never received any notification about any updates for my flex and I also have no idea how to snapshot a screen to show you my problems. You are asking people what they want to see on this new screen and I think a majority of us just want what we can't have back, the old sleep screen.  With that said my real issue is that I purchased this flex for the ease and simplicity of each function ( food tracking, sleep, etc.) The fitbit team took it upon themselves to change something that I purchased without an option to update.  Not everyone uses a mobile and I feel sorry for those who depend on the sleep tracker function for health purposes.  What the team failed to realize is that you have customers that range in age and computer skills. You have lost my trust now, how do I know that your team won't go and change any other functions that many of us are used to?

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@S123 I hear that you're frustrated. Can you tell me specifically what feature you want to see on the new sleep page? I think you'll see that most of the requests in this thread have already been implemented. If you can tell me exactly what you want to see, I will do what I can to make that request heard.

Almost none of the requests have been implemented. And none of these are for "new features" but rather a request to return former functionality. 

More Specifically:
1.) No time stamps for awake/restless events

2.) No ability to see actual times of multiple sleep events for same night on one page (the summary page rounds off to nearest hour
3.) The only way to know how long was actually in bed is to manually calculate using time in bed and time awake
4.) Sleep efficiency needs to be manually calculated as well
5.) The ability to manually enter/correct sleep times when fitbit auto detect doesn't get it right has not been restored to a simple format. 
6.) No time to fall asleep data
7.) No individual stats for time awake and time restless (only a total of the two)
8.) The Dashboard popup that people were using as a workaround to at least get some of this data has been removed since this all started. 

Can you please list the changes that have been made which account for most of the requests in this thread have already having been implemented? And if they have no intention of actually addressing the issues discussed here please be straight with us. Many here have already spent weeks following this thread waiting for (advertised) functionality that was taken away to be returned (as promised), which now feels like a ruse simply to buy time until we get tired of complaining and go away. 

Best Answer

Thanks @robinloops for the concise summary 

Best Answer

@retrogrouch The hover functionality is in development right now, and will be implemented soon.

@Trillian42 Check the lead post of this thread for a summary of suggestions and their implementation.

@schnauzermom The hover functionality is in development right now, and will be implemented soon. Time to fall asleep will not be added back because it is not relevant for anyone using automatic sleep detection. You can manually enter or edit any sleep log on the sleep page - this feature hasn't changed.

@janetb45 @JEH1 The hover functionality is in development right now, and will be implemented soon. Sleep quality percentage is not planned for development at this time.

@kbygnes Sleep quality percentage is not planned for development at this time. Time to fall asleep will not be added back because it is not relevant for anyone using automatic sleep detection. Number of times awake and restless is visible in any sleep log. Time asleep appears in every sleep log. I've relayed your feedback around interface suggestions, but no changes have been announced at this time. Thank you for the detailed writeup!

@J226 Timestamps will be available once the hover functionality is implemented - it's currently in development.

@LainieF The "Today" button is working properly, but I think its intended function is a little confusing. If you change the calendar scope to view a block of time that does not include the current day, this button will allow you to return to the current day's data.

@Jeni_B You've presented your point very clearly, and I do understand your frustration. My previous post was simply reiterating the suggestions that have been posted in this thread by others. The reason behind these changes was to bring the website into parity with the app, and this percentage statistic was never included in the app. Our team has heard the feedback around this stat, but has not decided to implement it into the platform at this time.

@ashwolve The "Normal" and "Sensitive" sleep settings are not meant to be toggled retroactively. Most users should see the most accurate data by leaving this at "Normal." The "Sensitive" setting should be used for customers trying to analyze a sleep disorder with a physician's assistance. I'm not aware of any legitimate use case where it needs to be switched after the fact. I think the hover functionality should negate the need for a timestamp, but I have relayed this interest to the team for future consideration.

@Ecdockter As @ashwolve mentioned, sleep stages are progressively rolling out for Charge 2. You will receive this feature soon, and can read more in the thread above. Thanks, @ashwolve!

@mummygold If you go to your Sleep Page and click any date below the graph, you'll land on the detail view for that day. On this page, look below the graph and you will see data that looks something like this, including the total time asleep, number of times awake, number of times restless, and total time spent awake and restless:sleep_quality.PNG

@Finley3 You can update your Flex by following the instructions in this article. Once you do this, it will automatically detect your sleep without you having to tap it at all.

@robinloops Thank you for the detailed list:

1. Timestamps should be clearly visible with the hover functionality, which is currently in development and will be available soon.
  2. This feedback has been relayed, but I'm not sure it will be changed any time soon.
  3. Our team considered this feedback and decided not to implement it at this time.
  4. Our team considered this feedback and decided not to implement it at this time.
  5. You can edit start and end sleep times within any sleep log - look to the right under the graph.
  6. Time to fall asleep is not relevant when using automatic sleep detection, which is why it was not included in this interface.
  7. Our team considered this feedback and decided not to implement it at this time.
  8. This was changed in tandem with the larger sleep page change, not a result of it.

Best Answer

I feel like this thread has reached its conclusion, as the same inquiries are being repeated at this point. If you still have a question, I'd recommend checking my previous posts in this thread to see whether it was addressed, and PMing me if not.

Change is always a challenge, and I know some of you are still displeased with this decision - but hopefully you can see this thread as successful collaboration. Most requests were ultimately implemented, and our team has received the rest as feedback for future consideration. I've done my best to address everything that was mentioned, and I do hope that you feel heard even if we weren't able to implement your specific request.

Thanks everyone for helping to keep this discussion constructive and civilized.

Best Answer

One final update - the website sleep page now displays timestamps while hovering your cursor over the graph, matching functionality found in the mobile app. Thanks for your patience while we worked to finalize this development.

Best Answer