Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Can not manually add an activity on Fitbit.com Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 10/02/2017:  Hi everyone! I have some good news to share here. You should no longer experience issues manually logging activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard since this issue is now resolved

Since this issue is now resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be around!

--

We've received reports that users are unable to manually log activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard and I've merged a few posts together. 

I've let our team know and will continue to update this thread as I Iearn more. Note that this does not appear to be affecting the app. If you have access to the Fitbit app we recommend using that as a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks very much for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I cannot manually log activities either.  I have tried for several days.  The app does not allow for the manual log, as well.

Best Answer

Unfortunately that doesn't show steps.  Steps are way important to me.  I've been having to find the pace that most closely equals the amount of steps the pedometer says I walked.  Since I do pole walking Fitbit only counts about half to 2/3 of my actual steps.  I'm so pissed I'm thinking of leaving the Fitbit at home and doing stuff the old fashioned way with the pedometer and watch, plus the Polar heart rate monitor.  Another thing that drives me nuts is that my Charge doesn't have a timer with pause, so I have to run my watch timer at the same time to make sure I have all my minutes.

Best Answer

Steps are really important to me too - this is so annoying. Hopefully it can be fixed today since this has been a problem for 3 days now.

I also don't have the new look that everyone is talking about.

Best Answer

@Colinm39 

Thank you for your reply. I have subsequently managed to work out how to log a previously saved activity in the app on my laptop.

Go into app - click on the icon which shows how many days exercising you have done on top right of screen there's a + sign - click on it and a log exercise box comes up. My hula hooping is already stored so can just click on it and a box comes up where you can put start and end times and how many calories you have burned.

Best Answer
Until it is fixed on the web I personally don’t believe anything is going to work I’ve tried it on all the devices and it does not work! I will just check back Tuesday or Wednesday. Hoping to be surprised.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
sounds like a plan…….
patience is what we need.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please share which Polar products you use?  I have the chest strap but don't like their watches -- is there a way to use only the Polar chest strap along with my Fitbit and still see the chest strap data?  I wish it could work directly with Polar Flowsync or even with Fitbit software.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sueb1997 I use a Polar FT7, which I purchased 2-3 years ago. Like you, I am unable to add my "real" heart rate data from the Polar to the Fitbit. I usually just manually log my workouts & calories based on the Polar data, but if I were very serious about the heart rate tracking it would definitely annoy me that Fitbit's heart rate monitor has my average bpm in the high 90s-low 100s during the workout instead of where it actually was. 

Although I don't think there is a way to integrate the Polar strap into Fitbit, it does appear that Polar has come out with their own line of integrative watches since I bought my FT7. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!  I will look into it.  I've bought two different Polar watches in the past few months -- the first didn't do heart tracking unless you were logging an activity (I wanted to track my overnight HR as well as during exercise) and the second one died within a week or so of arrival -- I hadn't even had time to figure out how to use the chest strap in conjunction with it yet.  I'm about to send back the dead watch and was ready to give up on Polar altogether, but Fitbit's inaccurate readings really bug me -- I have bradycardia and want to know what my heart is really doing during both sleep and exercise -- too bad Fitbit is so inaccurate and in such random ways!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know it sucks! But we’re healthy strong active human beings and we can hold off until the middle of the week. If it’s not fixed by then Fitbit has some Splane n to do! Lol

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I think it's really dreadful it's not fixed yet.  It's only been an issue for me for 24 hours, so I really feel for people who've been affected for days.

Shouldn't the company make an announcement that shows on all users' dashboards to alert them to the problem and say they're working on it and an estimated solution date/time?  I think that would be a slightly more responsible way to deal with it.  Sometimes public accountability is more effective in making people feel reassured. 

When I couldn't log my exercise I thought I was going mad/my computer was broken/my internet was messed up/my Fitbit was broken/I'd done something wrong. It was only a bit later that I thought to come over to the forums to investigate.  Surely as soon as the staff became aware of the problem, if they couldn't fix it immediately, they could at least have cared enough to let their users know, to stop them from stressing so much.  I'm sure there are a lot of confused people out there who haven't thought of coming here.  Maybe Fitbit should be thinking of everyone's health as they claim to.  Stress is a killer...

Best Answer

Same problem - started three days ago.  I bought a Charge 2 as I was told it didn't have any problems.  My Flex was great but never lasted more than 8-9 months and then HO would send a replacement (after 7 times I got fed up).  Got tired of that - so is this going to be another ongoing problem?  If so I'll take this back for a refund and go with some other company that doesn't have all these problems.  

Best Answer

same here also cannot locate spot on app (android) to add activity

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sueb1997 An FT7 or even a lower Ft4 should be great for that! Personally, I feel the best feature of the Polar, apart from the real time accuracy, is that it beeps when I am working "too hard" so that I know to slow down or take a break. It has definitely taught me to be mindful of my body's signals during my workout and notice potential heart rate elevation even when I am not using the chest strap. 

Best Answer

I can't either.  I tried using the little icon thing that now shows up near Fitbit's pre-selected exercise icons.  It only lets one add start and stop time, and then it calculates what it thinks the distance is and the calories burned - and it's inaccurate.  I use a Garmin with pretty good GPS, I always go with what Garmin tells me.    I really don't like the loss of manual entry of activities.

Best Answer

Thanks Kate.  I too, am having trouble getting my stationary bike workout into the database via the website Dashboard (Windows 10).  I have the app on my computer also but find it will not let me add a custom amount of calories like the Dashboard version does (the effort needed on my bike is adjustable to give different intensity work outs and the app understates the effort compared to the bike computer) and is therefore not as useful as the dashboard.

Regards

Justin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar to reports from others, I cannot seem to add steps manually (for a day when I did not wear my tracker):

• fitbit.com/activities dashboard : Can't add common activities with the Walk/Run/Swimming/Cycling buttons (nothing happens when clicked); specifically, can't add steps via the "Walk" button.
  • fitbit Android app : Can't add steps via the "+" button --> Track Exercise --> Log Previous ("Walk"), because it only accepts "Distance" metric, not steps.

At least I'm burning a few more calories while my index finger continues to stab frantically at my left-mouse button.

I'm not a web developer, but this seems like it should be quick and simple for Fitbit to fix? Here's hoping...

Best Answer

Can't add anything on Android app or PC app. All getting pretty pointless now...

Best Answer

Couldn't log my walk on treadmill yesterday or today. What is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Don't your developers/testers actually test things before their changes go live?! I mean, it's not like this is an obscure, little-used feature tucked away in a little corner of the website/dashboard!

Best Answer