Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Can not manually add an activity on Fitbit.com Dashboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 10/02/2017:  Hi everyone! I have some good news to share here. You should no longer experience issues manually logging activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard since this issue is now resolved

Since this issue is now resolved, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be around!

--

We've received reports that users are unable to manually log activities on Fitbit.com Dashboard and I've merged a few posts together. 

I've let our team know and will continue to update this thread as I Iearn more. Note that this does not appear to be affecting the app. If you have access to the Fitbit app we recommend using that as a workaround in the meantime. 

Thanks very much for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

The workaround I was given does NOT allow you to enter the calories used during the activity; that is a vital part of calculating calories used.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit app does not allow us to do what we need to do with this current problem.

Best Answer

As soon as I purchased the Premium upgrade for $49.95 I was able to manually log in my activity of Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again to add to everyone else's problem, I can't add my cycling activity.  I hope this is just a temporary deal.  I love my Fitbit and have never had any problems in 2 1/2 years.  HELP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just upgraded from Zip to Flex 2.  Everything went fine with the upgrade except the app won't let me manually log activities anymore.  I deleted the Zip since it's dead and all of my custom activities, then re-entered my custom activities.  When I click on an activity, I don't get an input screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find an edit mode on the PC app. For some reason every walk gets recorded as a workout and I have to manually change it. Can't do that now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work for me.  I have Premium and updated the iOS app.  Nothing.  I'm using the workaround by entering a walk and entering the pace which most closely matches my actual steps (Nordic pole walking) per pedometer.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Best Answer
0 Votes

10/1

I still cannot add my manual activities. What is going on. Have you made changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you log activities on your phone?  If I tap on "Track Exercise" I see no way to add it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It isn't a complete work around - it doesn't update your active minutes.  I hope this is getting fixed today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

you can't add activities on the phone app..only food. Am I wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually I just figured out you could.  Go to Track Exercise, click stopwatch in upper right corner, select "log." 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. I've never noticed that. Thanks. Now I don't care if they fix this because it can all be done on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apart from the active minutes 😩

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting yesterday my iMac won't let me log exercise information.  I no longer use my Fitbit, but do like to use the log to track my elliptical trainer time and other aerobic exercises.  Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the software? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I do a workout, and it shows up on the activities list (log), I usually edit the word "workout" to strength training, cardio, etc. For some reason I can no longer do this.I click on the pencil and nothing happens. All other things are OK.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

On my laptop.  I'm not using an app on my phone, just the way I've been doing it for over two years.  I can do food, but can't add the activity-cycling.  always could, so I'm hoping they'll fix it soon.

Best Answer

Also no longer able to manually log activities (I'm using a Mac laptop primarily).

Haven't seem option for logging activity on the iPhone app but I'm new to the smart phone world

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem.  can no longer manual log activities (I'm using a Mac laptop)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Managed to work out how to log a previously saved activity in the app on my laptop.

Go into app - click on the icon which shows how many days exercising you have done on top right of screen there's a + sign - click on it and a log exercise box comes up. My hula hooping is already stored so can just click on it and a box comes up where you can put start and end times and how many calories you have burned.

Best Answer
0 Votes