Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, March 10, 2019

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding with issues related to Daylight Saving Time changes. If you are still seeing unexpected behavior on your device, please perform a manual sync by following these steps. Once your device has synced, you should see everything working properly again.

If this doesn't help, we'd expect the next midnight rollover tonight to help get things back to normal. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are ensuring that the concerns in this thread are heard by the larger team. 

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature the next day.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

We recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set. If you've tried the above troubleshoots and still have difficulty, rest assured that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183
Absolutely agree with you...I know some things are working in the
background because my alarms were going off, but I cannot see the screen at
all.

Thank you for the info.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze quit tracking and reading my heart rate. I have checked all of the settings and tried to reboot by holding the left and bottom right buttons at the same time and it won’t restart either. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
After posting my comment, I noticed that others had the same problem and there had been no response. So I had an online chat with someone at Fitbit. That person said that since I had restarted my phone, and had all-day sync on, my fitbit Charge2 should be working. Since it was not, he would have to let someone higher up know about it and they would contact me within 24-48 hours.

We will see how that goes....
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit tells me the steps of yesterday and not today.  What do I do.  I’m not good at technology . Thanks for helping 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm replying to myself - I haven't done this message board a lot and I guess I was supposed to hit the quote key.  My original reply was to Buffy.   (the "well written" compliment.)

I was thinking about this and unless there is a way to update the device itself (firmware?) then the step updates need to be done via the app.

That's when it dawned on me that I never opened the app yesterday (sunday).   I don't sync everyday and never thought about it - so I wonder if that's why my mom's steps are fine and mine are not.   Maybe that *isn't * what happened (in my case as there is more then one issue) but it's possible.

I also went to the app store and discovered an update from March 5th.   I don't auto update - I just do it when an app forces me to or periodically.  Mainly because I don't want things updating when I want to use the phone for other stuff.   So IDK that may have been a factor too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadySharon wrote:

I'm replying to myself - I haven't done this message board a lot and I guess I was supposed to hit the quote key.  My original reply was to Buffy.   (the "well written" compliment.)

I was thinking about this and unless there is a way to update the device itself (firmware?) then the step updates need to be done via the app.

Thank you LadySharon.  I'm planting my flag in this one! I will get answers for us!

Also, they can update the firmware.  Depending on the device you own, you can get the update through WiFi or Bluetooth.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still don’t know how to change steps from yesterday’s steps. Helpppp

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@buffy095 wrote:

@LadySharon wrote:

Thank you LadySharon.  I'm planting my flag in this one! I will get answers for us!

Also, they can update the firmware.  Depending on the device you own, you can get the update through WiFi or Bluetooth.  

Ok - but you'd still have to do it through the app right?   I mean there is no way to update using just the device itself.  I updated the app still shows inflated steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding with issues related to Daylight Saving Time changes. If you are still seeing unexpected behavior on your device, please perform a manual sync by following these steps. Once your device has synced, you should see everything working properly again.

If this doesn't help, we'd expect the next midnight rollover tonight to help get things back to normal. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are ensuring that the concerns in this thread are heard by the larger team. 

Best Answer

@LadySharon wrote:

This is very well written thank you.

Note to people saying to reset the device via the pinhole thing - but won't that TOTALY reset it?  I don't want to lose all my data for this week.

Also - to people who say "it will reset tomorrow at midnight"  fine and dandy but I don't want an extra 8000+ steps to be counted this week - will that be taken away? 

The fit bit itself displays the info so I'd assume that would just re-sync to the app wrongly.   Does the sync work both ways?  can it be fixed in the app (via an emergency update) and then go back and send the info to the fitbit itself? (or actually I guess if it was fixed later this week the fix would just go back and adjust the static data.)

And - My mom's charge 2 worked fine - would a fix like that be able to distinguish between devices that counted Sunday's steps twice (once on Sunday , once on Monday ) and devices that worked fine? 

- Sharon

What I did (turns out I didn't need it) was sign on to my account at fitbit.com and do the following:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1133

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me how a manual sync will help to get rid of the extra steps from yesterday that are included in today's step counts? I did the manual sync and still have all of my steps from yesterday included in my total for today?

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding with issues related to Daylight Saving Time changes. If you are still seeing unexpected behavior on your device, please perform a manual sync by following these steps. Once your device has synced, you should see everything working properly again.

If this doesn't help, we'd expect the next midnight rollover tonight to help get things back to normal. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are ensuring that the concerns in this thread are heard by the larger team. 

This is completely unhelpful and I expect better. My stats for today are going to be screwed up and I want to know exactly how you plan to fix this going forward. It is incredibly frustrating to have to keep an eye on my steps because now I won’t get the notification when i hit my daily goal, and “wait til midnight” is not an acceptable answer. Midnight does not help me TODAY.

Best Answer

@KeetyAlexx wrote:

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

This is completely unhelpful and I expect better. My stats for today are going to be screwed up and I want to know exactly how you plan to fix this going forward. It is incredibly frustrating to have to keep an eye on my steps because now I won’t get the notification when i hit my daily goal, and “wait til midnight” is not an acceptable answer. Midnight does not help me TODAY.

I agree, because of my total from yesterday I am going to hit new milestones that I should not be hitting today and I feel like I am getting cheated out of doing these milestones for real. Really disappointing for this to happen...

Best Answer

@LadySharon wrote:

@buffy095 wrote:

@LadySharon wrote:

Ok - but you'd still have to do it through the app right?   I mean there is no way to update using just the device itself.  I updated the app still shows inflated steps. 

If they issue an update for the firmware, you would still have to go through the app or the fitbit.com dashboard.  However, they would have to issue the update first.  I don't think there's any way to fix the inflated steps regardless of any updates to the app or firmware, though.

Best Answer

If they issue an update for the firmware, you would still have to go through the app or the fitbit.com dashboard.  However, they would have to issue the update first.  I don't think there's any way to fix the inflated steps regardless of any updates to the app or firmware, though.

I'm a retired IT guy (I have street cred) and I agree with precisely this.

It's a one-time hit that we're going to have to live with.

Similar disruptions have happened in years past.

This is Fitbit's chance to get it right the next time.

Best Answer

Any guidance for a Charge 2 that is just carrying over all the same info from yesterday? I have synced, charge and synced again with no change. My sleep shows only Sunday and not today and all my results for yesterday are just duplicated today, plus today's results...

The basic help you provided plus the please wait isn't working.

Best Answer

Sleep log is off by one day. Missing Saturday sleep shows as Sunday etc. I am already showing the sleep for tonight, this morning.

Best Answer
How do you fix this. ? I have same issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Did they say how many days after tonight?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check the contact us and do a live chat. I did that yesterday with my issues and they were resolved immediately. I’m not a technical person and my guide gave me instructions that were easy to understand.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes