Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 4, 2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/6/18 - These issues should now be resolved. If you're still having trouble syncing your device, check the troubleshooting steps in this article.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

thank you for the information... I am also going to be changing to Daylight Savings and didn't know how to switch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you mean Sunday November 4th as todays Saturday November 3rd.

Best Answer

We went from summer to winter time in The Netherlands last weekend and apart from the sleep log, everything worked fine. 

Best Answer

Yes that’s right, in France it was the same last week . And all worked fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

During that Sunday (last week in Europe) some graphs were off by an hour, next day this all corrected itself (just like previous times). I do have all day sync turned on, which should help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I woke up to a bizarre sleep graph  and when I “edited to reflect accurate sleep and wake times” as suggested here I then got simplified sleep for the entire night which was blamed on lack of “consistent HR data” even though the app clearly shows the device never stopped recording HR data even briefly while I was sleeping....clearly it’s thinking of the “missing” hour of time change. Really disappointed; this happened last year too and, well, there was an entire year to figure it out. (Oh and yes, i also did “sync after the time change”....and I’m on all day sync.)D7E9102E-136B-4EC8-9A59-3758A3DAFE71.jpeg

5E0895A6-0201-42F4-AF6D-875532FD7C46.png

Best Answer

This tip is not working for either my Charge 2 or Versa. I have powered down my phone (Samsung Note 😎 and done the manual sync several times and the times are still off by an hour. Even though this is minor, it's still very frustrating.  What are my next steps? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best Answer

I forgot to mention, both devices are on all day sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything worked for me. I have an ULTA HR. It's relatively glitch free and have had it over a year..which makes me cautious about getting a newer model. Btw was travelling last week and in a different time zone. My fitbit changed to the new time after syncing . 

Best Answer

my Fitbit is now off an hour after daylight savings.  It should be 6:56 am but reads 5:56 am - central time.  Also for several days it has not synced or only occasionally synced - I have removed the ap from phone and iPad - and reinstalled, I have shut. both down several times, I have restarted blue tooth multiple times. I have shut down and restarted Fitbit versa several times.  It still won't sync up.  I updated the iOS on both apple devices - tried  the force sync from computer - still nothing.  Help.  Trouble seemed to start with last update at end of October.  I'm set to all day sync and have firmware:  Firmware version: 32.32.10.15

Best Answer

None of this worked to fix mine. 

Best Answer

How do I "manually"sync my fitbit to my iphone?  It is really messed up, when I go into the Hourly Activity and try to set a start and end time even though I key it in, it goes back to some wild and crazy hour and my computer is not matching up with the phone.  Thanks.

Best Answer
HI. go to the dashboard of your fit bit app. Hit the accounts icon. ( Top left hand corner..the square thingie). It will show your name etc. Go to the second line which is your type of watch you have ( mine says ULTA HR. Hit that and there will be a sync option that if you tap Wil force a sync. If you are having a few issues with your fit bit app you can also force stop which resets your fit bit. You need to Google how to force stop because it depends on the watch you have. Hope this helps. Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe try a force stop? It kinda resets everything. I have done it twice now when I have syncing issues. Google how to force stop as it depends on the type of tracking device you have.Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it that  you guys can't handle day light savings time. It's not like it comes out of no where. It happens twice a year every year. Yet every time it happens you have issues and act like DST came out of nowhere.

Best Answer

Hi @mummer18. I’ve had no issues with Fitbit regarding DST. It worked smoothly for me. My device is set to all day sync. I woke this morning to see both my phone and my Fitbit on the correct time. My alarms went off at the right times. 

If you had any specific problems, let me know. I’d be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how it could not have some issues.  After all, you've got a 25 hour day which has to muck up the data sometime, and somebody is sure to be upset about that, maybe somebody who is active at night missing some steps or active hours, or even getting an extra hours worth.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge2 is counting about 4000 more steps and adding about 45 minutes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just curious, you said your Alta HR is glitch free. There is a running form on the sleep part of this particular Fitbit. So many of us just get basic sleep and rarely get the full sleep pattern. So are you saying that you get the full sleep pattern? If so how, because we would all love to know.   

Best Answer