Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 4, 2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/6/18 - These issues should now be resolved. If you're still having trouble syncing your device, check the troubleshooting steps in this article.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

We are not going into Daylight Saving Time in November. That was spring. This is Standard Time.

Best Answer

I have checked my phone and the time I sent correct there. I have restarted my Charge 2 and synced it manually at least three times. It is still stuck one hour behind the correct time. Now what

Best Answer

How old is this app? How old is daylight savings? Why doesn't your app work work daylight savings time like all other apps in existence? My device is set for all day syncing, I've also resynced manually. Graphs are still off by an hour in one case and not updated at all for today in another. And yes, the device time is correct, because, you know, daylight savings time has always been a thing and the device manufacturer and cellular service providers have dealt with it properly.

Best Answer

I have tried all of the suggestions that I could find in this thread and still my tracker's time is off by an hour. So are the alarms. Please remedy the situation. 

Best Answer

@mummer18 did you have problems this morning with the time change?

I've searched 11 boards and your post is the only one I can find about the time change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walked on a treadmill from 1am until the time changed - making it 1am again.    I have screenshots of my fitbit data .   It never gave me credit for my calories, the treadmill data has odd codes in it and no data and my active minutes actually counted backwards until all done during that time period have disappeared .  Can this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went for a run and everything worked except it says not enough data for heart rate or calories

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please don't mark this as a solution unless the problem is really fixed.  This is only a painful workaround.  I just came back from Europe with stops in London, two timezones in the US and ended up in Hawaii.  I had the wrong time everywhere I stopped until I got back home and performed the 'workaround'.  I am glad the step count still works, but I don't know why the primary function of timekeeping does not get fixed, it has been reported for months!

Best Answer

The time updated correctly on my old Charge HR, but the time stamp for my exercise is off, and trying to manually enter it didn't work.  I had to delete my synced data to manually enter it; what happens when it finally corrects?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far it’s been 50 minutes and the sync is still trying to finish so the time on my Fitbit HR is an hour off. What’s the problem here?  Actually it’s often the case that when traveling my Fitbit won’t sync sometimes for a day. I’m very frustrated with this syncing problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Wisconsin. My phone is displaying the correct time, as is the Fitbit app on my computer, but the hours that I achieved 250+ steps on my phone's app is off by 1 hour. Should show 8AM through 12N with 250 steps, but shows 7AM through 11AM. I have restarted my phone numerous times, closed the Fitbit app, and logged back in again, also several times, still not displaying correctly. This is a new Versa for me, and the watch itself is correct, just the phone app. Weird. 

Best Answer

My device on the face quit counting steps on daylight savings time. No longer indicates pulse. Whoever oddly enough it seems when it sinks it seems to have been counting steps on how. Now I'm not sure how to get the face to match what is being synced. Strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone - It is better to post to these boards or contact Support rather than PM a stranger. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well my charge 2 will not re-setup after deleting in Win 10 devices.  The scrolling setup notification on the device is active , but searching has gone on for about 2 hours.  I have restarted both the cell phone and laptop.  So what next?  I have also restarted the device several times today.  If this is a daylight savings issue, they happen twice a year for ever and your programmers haven't got it right yet?  Poor company products.

Best Answer

This problem is not new since it happened back 2016. What does it take for FitBit to fix this simple problem?  It is very annoying. Do some things FitBit!!!!

Best Answer

Some advice in general if you are experiencing a problem related to the 25 hour day:

• If your phone does NOT show the correct time, then correct it on the phone. 
  • If your phone does show the correct time
    • close the Fitbit app
    • Shut the phone down completely
    • wait a couple minutes
    • turn the phone back on
    • open the Fitbit app and sync your Fitbit 

This is a one day problem. If you follow the steps above, everything will be ok going forward. 

Best Answer
This does NOT work. Tried it & still the same problem not being able to set the reminders correctly!!

Debbi
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This does NOT work. Tried it & still cannot set the reminders to the hours they were yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

These tips (turning phone off and on, turning wifi off and on, taking app off and reinstalling on ipad, etc., re-syncing, changing clock faces, etc.) are not working for my Versa either, but my kid’s fitbit updated fine. Frustrating!

Hi, just updating. I recently changed the clock face and recharged my Versa (although I had tried this earlier and it didn’t need recharging) and this time it worked. It is now showing the correct time. Hopefully this will work for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good advice, @Thumperian. Instructions to restart a Fitbit device can be found here.

Best Answer
0 Votes