Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 4, 2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/6/18 - These issues should now be resolved. If you're still having trouble syncing your device, check the troubleshooting steps in this article.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

This has happened at every time change since I bought a Fitbit in 2016.  The same problems, the same “we are aware of the problem”. And yet each time  we go from saving to standard time the errors occur.  Why?

Best Answer

I noticed that, too. No Standard time for the central US or Canada. Only GMT-5 hours. I even tried switching my timezone within my app to GMT-6 hours, but that did not work, either. Going to wait until tomorrow to see if it resets itself. I am guessing that the app is thrown off by the 25 hour day, though I have not had this happen the past few years when I was using a Charge/Charge 2.

Best Answer
I just finished with customer support. After trying everything they suggested then finally doing a factory reset, the time on my phone is finally correct- it synced. Of course, a factory reset means all my data is wiped out.

Perhaps I should look for a different fitness tracker.
Best Answer
Didn't work (restart)

--
Katrina
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I called Support. I was advised to go to Advanced Settings and select an incorrect time zone. I believe I may have had to sync. Then, I selected the correct time zone. I know I had to sync after the selection of the correct time zone. My time is now updated. I did this on my Versa.  Next, to update the time on my Charge 2, all I had to do was sync. I may have left out some steps, so contact it may be best to contact Support if this doesn't work. I hope this helps. Thanks to all for the suggestions. 

Best Answer

It makes total sense that this still is an issue. since daylight saving time is such a brand new, cutting edge concept, you guys just haven't had the time to make your stuff handle it yet. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone and thanks for your patience. Please see my lead post for the best troubleshoots - syncing your device should resolve most problems.

If any of the issues persist, we would expect them to automatically resolve after the next midnight rollover.

Best Answer

My Versa would not sync appropriately last night including 10 hours of 250 steps.  Then, my Charge 3 (which had been on my account since I got it along with my Versa -switching is convenient!) disappeared and, now, I can't have both the Versa and Charge 3 on my account.  Don't know if DST has anything to do with it, but I am not pleased!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a genius.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know that my heart rate was off this morning but it's okay now. I was
shocked this morning when I saw that my heart rate went to 140 when I made
my bed. That certainly made no sense when it just went to 127 this week
during a stress test. But I rechecked this afternoon and it's normal now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not the problem I am having since time change. Display shows time but all other functions have ceased to display, even though they seem to be working. For example! Steps show zero on watch yet I get notifications regarding hitting my 250 step goals. Syncing to phone shows steps increased  Yet watch always shows zero. Or in passing, 'undefined' 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It just dawned on me, I'm no longer getting my notifications to do my 250
steps an hour. I'll figure it out
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have there been any kind of issues with the Alta HR screen going staticky due to DST?  I woke up this morning and it was fine in all but this one issue. I’ve tried restarting twice to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine's been good so far today I hope it stays that way my only issue as I wrote for 4 is that it doesn't remind me about steps before the hour is up. I reset it and I'll see how it works soon

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this. Even though my phone had the correct time, when I went into Advanced Settings on the fitbit app, I found that the wrong time zone was chosen. I changed it to the correct time zone and synced. Now my tracker has the correct time. FINALLY

The time was my only problem after the end of daylight savings.
Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these tips work for my charge 3. I tried resetting my sleep times and it keeps going 1 hour back, and same with my active hours

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you actually know whether changing the time is as easy as you make it sound? I wish the Fitbit developers would reply with a technical description of the problems and solutions, so that we could appreciate whatever difficulties they must endure.

I think it's more reasonable to ask why anyone has an institution of "daylight 'savings' time," given that it complicates all of our devices, transactions, and records that depend on accuracy to one hour or to anything less than an hour. Once per year, we arbitrarily chop an hour out of the day, and worse, once per year, we pretend to retrace an hour's time, pretending that every minute, every second, and every fraction of a second occurs twice.

What were you doing at 1:15 AM last night? But did I mean the first 1:15 AM or the second? Who knows, right? And here's a fine point: We know that 1:59:59 AM occurred twice last night. But did precisely 2:00:00 AM occur twice or just once? Are you sure? Last night, I ran from 1:45 AM to 2:15 AM. Did I run for 30 minutes or 90 minutes? By the way, if you ever automate a process to reset time to 1:00 AM at 2:00 AM, be sure that your process can keep track of whether "this" 2:00 AM is the first 2:00 AM or the second 2:00 AM.

I recommend we leave the nice people at Fitbit, Inc., alone and, instead, write to our government officials and ask them to stop this nonsense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not particularly replying to the previous post but the one thing I am having trouble with even after logging out and logging in and resetting a few times is my heart rate. It's an hour behind on the Fitbit app. I exercised and finished at 8:05 and that last heart rate was at 7:05. It's been that way all day. No matter what I've done. I assume it's registering correctly it's just that there's a glitch in that one thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
My active minutes sat and sun show zero...zip actively tracked steps. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

My 250 steps per hour is all screwed up and I can’t change it back to what I had it as so thanks alot that’s why I hate Daylight Savings Time Smiley Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes