Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 4, 2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/6/18 - These issues should now be resolved. If you're still having trouble syncing your device, check the troubleshooting steps in this article.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

Well I just swept myself to death for 20 minutes and it didn't even show up. And why the heart rate is an hour behind is beyond me. I guess we'll see you in a few days if everything catches up. I've reset or restarted whatever it's called my Fitbit several times today by plugging it into a USB port and hitting that little button on the cord three times as it says. I shut my phone off and restarted my phone I've logged out of Fitbit login to Fitbit, and nothing seems to be working. I didn't realize till as the day went on that's so many things are glitching. Why is that our computers do just fine with the time change?  This is just a computer watch.  But then I guess I'm oversimplifying it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’ll probably be better tomorrow

Katrina
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same prob. So annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep settings are completely wack. My set bedtime/wake up time, the bedtime reminder, etc.. How do I fix that? I have restarted my phone, re-synced the app, I even deleted the app and redownloaded it, but nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these things worked. The more I try to fix the move and sleep times for the 1 hour the worse it gets. It starts changing to 2 and 3 hours off, like it gets a mind of its own. I’ve logged out and in, closed the app several times, all day sync is on, turned off and on the features. My phone always shows the correct time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you for this message, will this also *unless I read wrong* affect steps taken?  I busted butt the last 2 days to get over a certain amount & ended up looking like I was asleep at the wheel, crawling or that I croaked.  I still don't sync up-wrong time or not. My battery is "full", changed 2 weeks ago..  (I have  a fitbit that clips onto a pocket, tracks steps mostly, the simplest kind which has none of the features that you mention) thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 and the time has yet to "fall back" an hour.  I have synced it with my phone multiple times and still it has not changed.  I have turned off my silent alarms and my reminders to move and still the time hasn't changed.  It may have been charging when 2 am hit - would that have affected the time change?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Thanks for sharing that you have tried the steps recommended and mentioning that you are still experiencing some issues with the time and the settings.

I'd recommend that you continue trying to sync your Fitbit to your account. All of the inconsistencies should be resolved as the day continues.

Please do keep us posted on how it continues or if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I used to own a zip too. If you take the battery out...wait a minute or so and put it back in....I think it will reset everything. ,kinda like what you do with a phone battery. Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa times changed just fine. I have done all the problem solving but I can't get my Bluetooth to sync to my versa anymore. I unpaird them and now Bluetooth can't even find my versa

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's weird. Have you tried making sure no other bt device is near while you pair? Sometimes the device pops up  under a generic name instead of your tracker name. Idk...maybe you need to do a reset from your charging cable when you are charging to get everything aligned again. Or do like me ignore it for a day..and the problem might go away.This is such a pain. Sent from my LG Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit carried over my Saturday workout total into Sunday counting Saturdays total twice.  Will this be remedied?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has stopped registering steps since daylight savings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still counting steps but carried Saturdays total into Sunday counting Saturdays total twice and merging it with Sundays workout.  So Saturday is counted twice.  Other than that it is working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the time change Fitbit has not tracked sleep correctly & as of last night not at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a lot of trouble getting my hours for 250 steps minimum reset, but I think it’s finally working. Thanks for the heads up. I really appreciate that feature. It makes sure I don’t sit for hours with my silly phone in hand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could this have anything to do with my step count not resetting? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a potential solution for the sleep tracking error. My detailed sleep said I was up from 1:02am to 1 am and calculated it to 58 minutes of additional awake time. It put me back to sleep at 2:05am. It also said I got up at 5:31am when I did not get up until 6:31am. I tried all of the suggestions in the thread and nothing worked. So I went in and manually edited my sleep log to getting up at 6:31am. This showed no change in hours slept. So then I manually added a sleep entry matching the 1:02am sleep to 2:05 am. Bam - it fixed everything. It matched all my hours and my pattern stayed the same with the exception of the awake time, which now shows me asleep. 

Best Answer