Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, November 4, 2018

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/6/18 - These issues should now be resolved. If you're still having trouble syncing your device, check the troubleshooting steps in this article.

Daylight Saving Time will take place in the United States this Sunday morning, and some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps provided:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature tomorrow.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

As a general rule of thumb, we recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set.

Best Answer
107 REPLIES 107

My Charge 2 changed times with no issues. Sleep time is off. Will see about the rest of the day's logging later today. There is however no GMT -6:00 Central US & Canada or GMT -6:00 Winnipeg, option in the time zones. Only the GMT -5:00, which is daylight savings time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I have a Fitbit Charger 2 and I was on a help line from FB I have an
IOS update to install but my phone will not take it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's absolutely ridiculous that my Fitbit thinks I was awake for an hour between 1:00 and 2:00 AM - I should have registered 9.5 hours in bed last night and not only does my Fitbit think I was in bed just from 9:00 PM to 5:30 AM, it thinks I was awake for an hour during a period of time when I was actually asleep for TWO hours.  This happened last year too, and you don't fix it, you just try to explain it away.  The issues are NOT fixed by syncing.  Only you can actually fix it and you don't think you have to because it is a transient issue.  

Best Answer

I was able to fix this by turning off all day sync. Go to the settings for the hourly activity. Set the start and end time to one hour later than you want. Return out of that screen. When it syncs it should be right and you can turn all day sync back on. This worked for my charge 3 and my husbands charge 2. 

Best Answer
Mine is all messed up too, geesh this sure is frustrating!
Best Answer

Well I was glad to see the there's a reason for the fact that I thought I'd died for 2 hours during the night. Just one big dark area for about 2 hours.  I rebooted a bit ago, so I'll see how it is tonight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh sigh, my phone won't take the new times, trying to set it for 700am
start and 7pm stop and it just goes automatically back to 600am and 5pm. I
turned off the auto sync, I'm really getting frustrated.
Best Answer

I have the Charge.  Because I travel back and forth between Georgia and Alabama I set mine so the phone does not change the time.  I did this because I was losing on the 250 steps per hour.  That is working fine and I only have to remember the one hour difference in time, but it is usually only 2 days that I am in Georgia.  Now the DST shows 7am to 2pm.  It is always 8am to 3 pm.  Should I leave it alone and wait until Monday to change it?  Or leave it alone and know that I will walk at my usual 8am time?

BTW I will be replacing my Charge with the Versa soon.  Upgrade!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this. It's still all very confusing. I thought my AltaHR would not update the time until my phone was turned on but when I got up it already had the correct time of 5:50 AM PST. How was that possible?! After new sync the icon on the app says I got 7:17 sleep which is correct (minus awake time) but when I click at it to see details it shows 6:17 sleep instead. It shows me going to sleep at 10:40 PM PDT and getting up at 4:50 AM PST so adding back in the hour to make it PDT I think it makes sense.

My husband has the Charge2. We went to bed and got up at same time (with varying amounts of awake time of course). Went to bed at 10:40 PDT (0540 GMT) and got up at 5:50 AM PST (1350 GMT) which equals 8 hours sleep! Seems like GMT helps understand it. We mapped it out. The only thing I don't understand is how our devices were able to correct the time while our phones were turned off? And also why the app icon is correct but the internal details can't seem to update to match.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please ignore that previous post by me it was supposed to go on one regarding the Fitbit sleep problem. If it can be deleted please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit program is a mess when I try to sync it says that I have no internet connection but just the fact that I am weighting this proves that it is wrong I keep checking for connection but it says none.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had no luck syncing, uninstalling app, restarting phone, or uninstalling device and reinstalling device to correct. 

Sleep tracker says I went to sleep at 11:30 and woke up at 5:30 for 7 hrs sleep, which looks like it correctly accounted for an extra hour of sleep due to the time change. However, I woke up at 6:30 standard time. My device has the correct time and my phone has the correct time. It had the correct time even before I tried all of the above steps.

Now, all of my hourly activity reminders show an hour earlier- it is 8:50 am central time and it’s tracking toward my 7-8am hour of hours activity. When I try and change the time for my trackers, I put in 8am to 6pm and it auto adjusts to 7-5, when I go in and change the days to track, it adjusts again to 6-4 when I didn’t change the time. I changed the reminders and it changed again to 5-3. My target sleep schedule has the same behavior. 

Really frustrating - hopefully someone can help me out. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  

Best Answer

Foxyquilter I can delete a post that you made I don't think so anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to change the hours for reminders. It keeps changing back. Is this part of the time change problem?  When will it be fixed?

Best Answer

I couldn't figure how.  I'm going to set least change it to apply to this forum. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't know why...but I get sleep patterns. I know that fit bit has some glitches..and they never seen to fix them. I have had some problems in the past...go through hoops trying to figure them out...see forums on the same issues going on for months..and fit bit just says that they have passed the issue on and be patient. Usually they just go away....seriously though this should not happen. Right now I'm in a fingers crossed mode ..no issues at the moment and hope it stays that way. But I do know that when I have a problem I rely on my fellow fitbitters to help me out. The moderators really don't address issues. Sent from my LG Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I change to daylight savings? I’m still an hour off.

Best Answer

The time is fine on my Charge 2, but there are two things that aren't: first, it lost the extra hour in my sleep data, and your "help" topic doesn't address this issue: do I add an hour to my sleep time to get that extra hour? Second, the hourly reminders to move are totally off: it seems to think that it's an hour off (meaning between 10 and 11, the 9am hour was lit up, and the 10 hour was still small like that time hadn't yet arrived), and also I can't set the times I usually use, as it keeps changing them.  When I set it to start at 10, it changes it to 9, and then it subtracts an hour from the stop time.  Then it changes it to 8.  If I try to set the stop time, it changes it more.  I got it to agree to 9 to 5, and it didn't change it, but then when I went back to the dashboard, it was 9 to 3.  This should NOT be happening: we've had daylight savings time go on and off for as long as your products have existed. You should have gotten this fixed already.  It's not a surprise that this happens twice a year.

Best Answer