Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: EU Daylight Saving Time Issues: 03/31/2019

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding with issues related to Daylight Saving Time changes. If you are still seeing unexpected behavior on your device, please perform a manual sync by following these steps. Once your device has synced, you should see everything working properly again.

If this doesn't help, we'd expect the next midnight rollover tonight to help get things back to normal. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are ensuring that the concerns in this thread are heard by the larger team. 

Daylight Saving Time took place in Europe this past Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature the next day.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

We recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set. If you've tried the above troubleshoots and still have difficulty, rest assured that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes
61 REPLIES 61

Thanks for the update. Lets hope we get some sensible resolution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Horobod.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter and making those observations. 

My question in this case would be to confirm if this has happened on multiple days or if it only happens on the day the time change happens? 

Please do know that we take all feedback seriously and that we're constantly looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
So they just wrote the following:
"Thanks for letting us know. At this point, we suggest that you restart the
Charge 2 as instructed here:
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186 to refresh its
system. Once done, continue to monitor the device's behavior for the next
few days and if you notice that the issue persists, please let us know so
we can continue assisting you."

I'm truly disappointed.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree truly disappointing response since most of us have done this!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, that is a disappointment. The whole reason I posted originally was because we've clearly all reset them and are looking for an actual answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This s on another post: 

Fitbit Update 04/28/2017: We are expecting that some Charge 2 users' stats will not reset at midnight on the night of 04/30 - the morning of 05/01. This is an issue that our team is aware of and working to resolve.

• If your steps don't reset, they will reset the following midnight.
  • If you earn a badge and want it removed because of the inflated step count, let me know the name of the badge and I will delete it for you.

If you're affected by this issue, we are currently unable to retroactively fix/delete the steps that were accumulated. I apologize for the inconvenience and can assure you that we are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. I will make sure to share fix updates as soon as I hear of them and appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

Best Answer

Thanks for updating us 👍 but as you say, what a disappointment. Dear me, this is bizarre. I've reset mine 4x today, and on desktop pc. 🤔

Situations like this prompt me to change to Garmin, so many good reports from that tracker.... 

Thanks Beth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been all through this and still not fixed.

I was lucky that when I bought the FB, I got a 2 year guarantee from the seller ( A major UK retail outlet that is trusted). Perhaps I should just take it back and say its faulty and get a replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is a useless reply. Everyone seems to have tried to reset their fitbit
(several times) so referring people to an article that simply suggests
resetting the device isn't helpful at all. seems that the support centre
does not even read the complaints or questions well.
Best Answer
It was via Facebook messenger. I bet the employee responding doesn't have a
clue what is going on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the same too woke up to over 18000 plus steps this morn crazy  

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, from what I've understood, the time change has caused my fitbit to not reset, but will likely be back to normal by tomorrow.
I do not think that this is a catastrophe, a bit of basic arithmetic to get today's numbers, or maybe just I don't bother for this 1 day. This is just an unforseen glitch that will correct itself in 24 hours, it's nobodies fault and I personally can't fix it, so i'll just wait til tomorrow. It honestly doesn't matter on the grand scheme of things. 

Best Answer
Agreed that it’s a minor thing. Provided the count goes to 0 again at
midnight tonight.
Best Answer

Mine is the same has not reset steps is it a national problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Marisoljensen
I agree that disappoints me too. It’s obvious that we all have a problem here and I would have hoped they would have come back with something better than this - which doesn’t work anyway.
Gabriel9
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's true, so long as it zeros, that's all I'm bothered about, despite this always happening 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps didn’t reset either and a restart didn’t work either so annoying I rely on my Fitbit 😟

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit,

Thanks for responding. This is only an issue on the day that the clocks change. When the clocks go forward, data becomes overlapped by an hour, and when the clocks go back an hour 'gap' appears in the data.

I'm not so concerned about how this affects the heart rate graph but it's the sleep data that frustrates me. I keep track of my sleep on a daily basis and analyse the data produced by my fitbit. Every time the clocks change this is an issue.

@MatthewFitbit, the solution you have suggested here doesn't work, I'm afraid:

"

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

"

Because there is an overlap in the sleep data - two hours of sleep are set on top of each other in a one-hour window - editing the sleep to remove that hour removes both actual hours of sleep. Also, I don't want to remove the time I slept before the change in the clocks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay, all is well, we need not have panicked and complained so much, haha, but at the time it is annoying though, as these trackers should automatically adjust to time change etc. 

All is well for me, I hope everyone's has adjusted too and you're all back to normal. Happy days 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@exsnapper wrote:

Been all through this and still not fixed.

I was lucky that when I bought the FB, I got a 2 year guarantee from the seller ( A major UK retail outlet that is trusted). Perhaps I should just take it back and say its faulty and get a replacement?

If it's cotswold outdoor, they only guarantee electrical items for one year. I discovered this when I went to change my charge 2 because the screen randomly cracked, without being thumped or mistreated in any other way, half way through the second year and they explained that to me. It's not clear and no-one said anything when I bought it but it is true. Their service with the two year guarantee on everything else is excellent though.

Best Answer
0 Votes