Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to log in daily on Dashboard online

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

For the year I've had my Charge2, up until a few days ago, my login remained in place from day to day (WIN7 desktop; remains on 24/7).

A few days ago, FitBit started requiring me to log in every day.

Has something changed, or is there a deeper default below the "Keep me logged in" tick-box at the bottom of the login dialogue box?   

Advice please

Thank you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

@iSeeker Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that you have to constantly log. Where are you viewing your data (website or app)? If you are using the website please clear cache and cookies or if you are using the app on Android then go to settings > apps > Fitbit and clear cache there. Additionally make sure you are using the automatic timezone setting on your phone. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro,

The problem viewing Fitbit website is on my WIN7 Desktop via Google Chrome. So far no problem with login on my Kindle Fire.

I routinely clear temporary files and cookies etc., every few days, using C-Cleaner, and have rebooted a few times since the problem arose. But over the last year there have been periods when I hadn't cleaned up for longer, yet FitBit didn't ask for daily login until recently.

This morning I had a screen in my Google Chrome https://www.fitbit.com/uk/store saying I wasn't logged in, although my Dashboard https://www.fitbit.com/ had NOT logged me out this morning.

So you're telling me that there's not been a recent software update or security tightening requiring daily login?

Incidentally, you needn't "welcome me to the community" I've been around, as my indicator shows, for over a year. ; - >

Regards - iSeeker

Best Answer

Hi @iSeeker, thanks for coming back and all the details mentioned. @AlvaroFitbit, thanks for sharing your advice.

I haven't heard about any changes made on this matter. Could you let me know, if you also need to log in daily when you are using another browser besides Chrome?

I've moved the thread to "Fitbit.com Dashboard" to keep the forums organized.

I'll be around expecting your reply.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

Again I was asked today to log into FitBit website in Chrome, on my WIN7 PC, even after cleaning up the PC with C-Clean (while having remained logged in on my Kindle Fire app).

Incidentally, my PC website view of FitBit seems only to update after the Kindle Fire app has updated first.

Went to Firefox this morning - so I will wait till tomorrow to see if I'm still logged in on either or both (or neither), and will let you know.

Thanks - iS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @iSeeker, thanks for updating the thread with the information on your case.

The Online Dashboard, will update your information, after you sync your tracker/watch. If you are using the Kindle to do so, it’s normal that the info shown on the PC, will update afterwards.

Let me know how it goes with Firefox.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

I didn't get back to you earlier as I did a full backup and so had to log out of FB.

Since then, in Firefox the Dashboard has not been logged out, nor today has the Community section in Chrome., but I see no reason why the Dashboard isn't still going to be logged out of Chrome on a daily basis.

However, one other possible factor in Chrome is that I've been trying to set up a Withings weighing machine. Its API is still not communicating properly, but as far as I can recall, the routine out-logging of FB from Chrome started about the same time as my attempts to set up the Withings on my PC (via my wife's smartphone). Might that explain the out-logging? 

Regards - iS

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbitI have been having the same issue on my Win 7/64 PC and my Android, both using Firefox.. It gets annoying because sometimes I have to alter the sorting sequence to get the latest to the top.

Never happened before and my environment hasn't changed  and I have been around since 2011 and can't recall this happening before, especially on the Android.

I'm having no other issues with the Ionic on this configuration.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Thanks Colinm39.

Let's hope FirBit gets back to us soon...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Colinm39 and @iSeeker.

Thanks for taking the time to share those details on the matter. 

@iSeeker The syncing with Withings sounds very interesting. For the time being, I'd recommend that you continue using other browsers to prevent this from happening.

@Colinm39 Have you tried using a different browser too?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza,

The Withings hasn't been synced yet as their API isn't working for my hardware (they say they're working on it).

But most days I have to log in anyway, on any browser. So I can't get around the problem yet.

Thanks - iS

Best Answer

I've had the same problem. Nothing changed my end, but a week ago roughly I would have to log back in, in the morning. This never happened before. I too went looking in the settings for some sort of behaviour change for being 'keep me logged in'. But found nothing.

Then boom...we have this new terrible food log update. So this problem is possibly tied up with Fitbit changing things around.

Fitbit has done something that's changed the behaviour of 'keep me logged in'.

Best Answer

Thanks for another report that looks like the same problem occurring at about the same time - it's beginning to look more and more like a FitBit software issue...

Regards- iS

Best Answer

iSeeker

No problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza,

I've just timed a typical daily login to FitBit. Having to log in every day, in spite of ticking "Keep me logged in" will use almost 3 hours of my life each year - not acceptable.

It's not my browsers, AFAIK, nor cookies and temp files (I clear it all every couple of days using C-Cleaner).

Others are reporting the same problem.

Can you please respond with some indication of what FitBit can do about it from your end.

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hello @iSeeker and @James3000.

Thanks for taking the time to bring those details up.

I will be sharing this with the rest of the team so that it can be looked into. As soon as we have any updates on the matter we'll be sure to let everyone know about it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks,Lanuza. that will be greatly appreciated.

Regards - iS

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

This is getting silly - I'm even being logged out within the day now - can you please let me know what progress has been made as regards this feedback?

Thank you - iS

Best Answer

The same story as others here; have had no problem for 4 years of 24/7 keeping logged in (except for occasional full reboots), and then since the latest food logging debacle it requires login at least daily.  My current platform is Win10 with MS Edge as the browser, so the problem is clearly not to do with any particular browser or OS.

Best Answer

Thanks, Betty-Oz.

As far as I can see,  Fitbit are not making any progress on this issue.

They're polite and solicitous - but no replies to recent messages.

Regards - iSeeker

Best Answer