Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 5/14/2018: Dashboard tiles missing on Internet Explorer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/14/2018: this issue was resolved. You may need to refresh your browser if you haven't already. We know this was not an ideal situation. Thanks for your patience over the past two weeks and for those who used an unpreferred browser.

Update 5/11/2018: Thanks again for your patience and reports. We know this is not convenient and anticipate having a resolution to this issue. Please stay tuned for the next update. 

Update 5/4/2018: Thanks for your continued patience as we work on this issue. Since this appears to only happen on IE and other users have reported that using another browser corrects the issue, I suggest using another browser as a temporary workaround only in the interim. Thanks again for your reports. I'll continue to update the thread as I hear more. 

Update 5/2/2018: Thanks again for your reports and for calling out that this appears to be associated with Internet Explorer. Our team is still working on a fix and I'll continue to update the thread as I learn more. In the meantime, I do suggest trying an alternative browser (Chrome, Firefox) or mobile device. Thanks very much for your patience. 

Update 4/28/2018: Our team is aware that some may not be able to see any of their tiles when viewing the Fitbit.com dashboard. We are working to resolve the issue and suggest trying again later. Thanks very much for your patience. 

If you have access to the mobile app, we suggest trying to view your data there in the meantime. 

moderator note: threads have been merged together

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
420 REPLIES 420

wow, that's nice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a glitch that lets me view my dashboard tiles, I am using Windows 8.1 with IE 11, I log on to my dashboard like normal, and get the dashboard with no tiles, I click on " store", then click on my back arrow, and my tiles show up!! weird !!

Best Answer
You are lucky. I tried and no such luck.  Still waiting for Fitbit to admit they have a problem and will fix it. 
Best Answer

I tried that too.   And it did NOT work.

Maybe only on 8.1

Good thing the rest of the internet still works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im on IE11 and Win 8.1 that didn't work for me either 😞

I will be very surprised if anything happens this side of the Bank Holiday Weekend - our custom must be important to them.

the look of the Garmin dashboard is interesting - does it have similar trials as Fitbit - IE New York and Yosemite walks?? - I like the fact it doesn't have the huge merged tile forced upon you - this has been brought up also with Fitbit along with loads of changes to the Mobile app dashboard which the basic response was they have no intention on changing this even though it is not user friendly (ie back history is only the top tile not whole page like on webpage dash or older version of mobile - also the customisation of the tiles is non existent - some people have different priorities to others some may have steps others maybe sleep and HR and some users find floors not a priority these were pointed out almost 2 years ago and have been ignored or responded with they have no intention of changing it - probably for the same reason - one person hears about it and doesn't pass it on in the Fitbit system - hence they keep saying they have not heard of the issue and then have to back track).

this is starting to get really frustrating and I am losing faith in the ability of this company - roll it back to when it worked - fix the issue then re-update - simples - no really it is

Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit  Hi - Thanks for the suggestion but I Don't think this is a server issue as most of us would have logged out and back in again before posting on here and surely it would affect other parts of the site because of the links associated with the tiles (issues are not always the fault of the customer has the tech team rebooted the servers to implement a change and has it looped?? - some of us have also deleted Fitbit and re-installed it as well as refreshing flash players but to no avail - surely if it was a server issue more would not work other than the dashboard tiles - the page is blacked out but the boarders remain so we can still get to log activity/food etc and still access community - the issue is ongoing and has been over a week now and only seems to effect IE11 for the most part - the ability to download other browsers is not an option for some and you cannot assume that everyone has a smartphone.

this issue started around 26th April so surely the easiest way to sort this is for Fitbit to trace what changes they implement on that day and isolate them - roll back to Wednesday when it all worked fine then toothcomb the changes to find the offending programme (ie poss deleted a line from an update that is required to initiate tile viewing) then re-instate the updates one by one over a period of days to see if they get any calls with any issues over the 24hr period if they don't proceed with the next update until everything works and everyone is happy.

Just a suggestion but this coarse of action seems logical and maybe quicker that the current process

Support say that this is a known issue and that a fix is being sorted -  the main problem here is the time it has taken to acknowledge the fault and for the commencement of fault rectification - hence the above suggestion

Hope this is taken as constructive as intended and not destructive (sometimes my wording can came out as a bit aggressive and it is not meant as such)

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Any updates on the fix for the blank dashboard?

Best Answer

I am running IE11 on a machine with Windows 7 installed and have I have a blank dashboard as well. Does anyone exactly what day this problem started?

Best Answer

near the end of April, 2 weeks now?

Best Answer

I e-mailed Customer Support and they replied that the issue was on my end & not their problem - I did tell them that there were lots of folks on this board with the same issue, but they don't seem to care & told me to clear my browser history & the problem should be solved.  I am not a happy camper right now.

Best Answer

wow, i have to disagree with that - this is an issue that many people are having, it can't all be on our end.

Best Answer

That is a pathetic answer from customer support.

Best Answer
Mine started April 26. Some started prior to that.

Sent from my ASUS Pad
Best Answer

Again by the looks of it they are taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back - just wish they would step back far enough to a time where everything worked and when everyone was happy - if its not broken don't change, it not a truer word said - Normally I wold have replied to them with the address of this forum (the HTTPS bit in the address bar - just to be sure) then ask them to check the link then tell me its my problem - watch them back track with the follow up response of - We are aware of the issue and it is being looked into although we cannot give an estimated time of the issue being fixed.(or words to that effect)

It seems most of us have gone through the same series of events and Customer support are either not passing it on or not logging it , otherwise they wouldn't keep responding as if the customer is at fault.

I honestly would be very surprised if anything is sorted this side of the Bank holiday Weekend - we can but hope

Regards

Wayne

Best Answer

Thanks I used Chrome and its OK

Best Answer

Of course it is on our end, we are using the wrong browser, LOL. I'd bet that the probability of a fix is about 50:50 vs Fitbit deciding that they will support no versions of Internet Explorer.

I own Polar and Garmin devices, as well as Fitbit. Suffice it to say, I never have needed to visit their help forums, or contact support. When they do have problems (very rare), they schedule an outage for the affected system, put out notifications ahead of time that a (sub)system will be down for maintenance Y number of hours beginning at time, date, with an expected duration of X hours (where X is usually 4 or 8). And they meet that promise. (Heads up Fitbit - that's the way to do it). I expect that in the beginning Fitbit did not pay much attention to isolatable system architecture and now it is coming back to bite them in the butt. I also expect things to get worse with time, not better, due to a difficult to maintain architecture.

Arghhh - why do I bother?

Best Answer

In other words, they are not fixing it period.They must figure we will all eventually switch browsers. I have switched browsers but did plan plan on switching back to IE once all was fixed. I think this issue is going to lose some faithful fitbit device users.

Best Answer

Да, проблема даже не в том, что безвыходная ситуация, конечно можно переключиться с IE на Хром. Обижает наплевательское отношение к пользователям

----

Yes, the problem is not even that the desperate situation, of course you can switch from IE to Chrome. Insulting disregard to users

Best Answer

not so much of a reply but more about the lack of understanding by the customer support team regarding this issue. All I was told was to be patient and maybe it will be resolved in the future. what does that mean? days?, weeks:, or months? Very disappointing with the answer and losing faith in Fitbit.

Best Answer

For me this happens with IE 11. I took my Fitbit link made it a favorite in
Chrome and it works fine. I also just tested it in Firefox and it works
fine. Personally I will cut the Fitbit team a bit of a break since they are
not the only interface I have that no longer functions with IE and thus far
nobody else has been able to get it to work again either. I continue to use
IE less and less.

Best Answer