Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved 5/14/2018: Dashboard tiles missing on Internet Explorer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 5/14/2018: this issue was resolved. You may need to refresh your browser if you haven't already. We know this was not an ideal situation. Thanks for your patience over the past two weeks and for those who used an unpreferred browser.

Update 5/11/2018: Thanks again for your patience and reports. We know this is not convenient and anticipate having a resolution to this issue. Please stay tuned for the next update. 

Update 5/4/2018: Thanks for your continued patience as we work on this issue. Since this appears to only happen on IE and other users have reported that using another browser corrects the issue, I suggest using another browser as a temporary workaround only in the interim. Thanks again for your reports. I'll continue to update the thread as I hear more. 

Update 5/2/2018: Thanks again for your reports and for calling out that this appears to be associated with Internet Explorer. Our team is still working on a fix and I'll continue to update the thread as I learn more. In the meantime, I do suggest trying an alternative browser (Chrome, Firefox) or mobile device. Thanks very much for your patience. 

Update 4/28/2018: Our team is aware that some may not be able to see any of their tiles when viewing the Fitbit.com dashboard. We are working to resolve the issue and suggest trying again later. Thanks very much for your patience. 

If you have access to the mobile app, we suggest trying to view your data there in the meantime. 

moderator note: threads have been merged together

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
420 REPLIES 420

Hi Everyone - just another point to check - I have noticed and wondered if it is related to the issue but I have also not received my weekly report for the past 2 weeks has anyone else not received these either?

Kind Regards

Wayne

Disclaimer    (Joke this is not part of my signature block just a one off tongue in cheek)

1. For those I may offend I apologise – it is not my intention
  2. For any typo’s or gramma mistakes – this is a known issue caused by an error between the seat and the keyboard – a fix is being investigated but duration until implementation is unknown
  3. I can please most people some of the time, some people most of the time, but not all people all of the time – patience is a virtue until it runs out (which I will not be held responsible for) 😝
Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
Yes Wayne, now you point it out, I’m much the same (hadn’t noticed as have been away)
Best Answer

Nothing showing up on the Log either 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's May 11th - almost Mother's Day.  So where is the Dashboard - where are the Tiles?  Using another browser is not an answer - Internet Explorer has been around for decades and is used by the vast majority of PC users.

Best Answer

This is a known issue. Please follow this thread for updates

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Dashboard-tiles-missing/td-p/2680055

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you,

I tried with Chrome and I can now see it!  Thank you so much, have a nice day!  🙂

Kim

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help! My dashboard tiles are missing. Have been for nearly a week. What gives? What happened?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Also no updates received for two weeks
Best Answer
0 Votes

My dashboard tiles have been missing for 2 weeks now. All I see is a black screen. I have read the replies that you are aware of the problem and that it is being worked on, but how urgently is the problem being addressed?

Best Answer

The longer this issue remains you would have thought a little common sense would kick in and roll back to when it worked properly (and we received weekly reports) and then sort out the fix - also the longer they wait to fix the more compact the problem will be as more errors will appear on top.

I guess it is a game to them to see how long we continue to complain about it - I worked in a company full of IT equipment and used specific programmes, if there was a complaint from any of our clients it was sorted out within 24 hours - 36 Max with a full apology to our customers from the Tech team for the wait and it didn't have to be a certain amount of complaints before they agreed there was an issue nor was the response there is no issue as we cannot replicate it on our systems 

the longer they take the more we will delve into the problems that the site has, 24hr sleep graph not in 24 hour, the mobile dashboard still not user friendly and the suggested fixes have been with them for at least 18 months and they are not interested (theres a list of about 10 things that need changing) but this has either been ignored or statement issued '' there is no intention of entertaining the idea of any changes'', and the food menu you can create a meal but you cannot portion size it you have to change each ingredient separately ( ie you cook a family pie and cut into 4 - you either have to work out a 1/4 of all ingredients before you start and then assess the cooked weight or once you log it each time you have that meal divide each ingredient by 4 - the solution is mot to use 3rd party sites it should be available to us the same as we input a new food item to the main menu.

it isn't rocket science if it works don't fix it if it doesn't work (yes you got it )    Fix it quickly

sorry all, the frustration taking hold - feel a little better now (but not as good if they fixed the dashboard tiles for IE11)

kind regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Excellent summary, Wayne, exactly right on.  I worked in s/w development/support for 40 yrs. (Boeing Aircraft).  My personal policy was quite simple -- a customer has a problem, I stay at work THAT DAY until it's fixed -- doesn't matter if I have to work until 2AM.  This approach seems to not be shared by Fitbit.

Best Answer
work ethics...right on!!!!
Best Answer

Thanks again for your patience and reports. We know this is not convenient and anticipate having a resolution to this issue. I'll continue to update the thread as I learn more.

Please let's keep this thread on topic regarding the Dashboard tiles not loading. If you have a separate issue, please find a similar thread or start a new post so our moderation team will be able to address. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Wayne,

My advice (for what it's worth) is to call "Investor Relations" number in San Francisco and leave a message. Google can find it.

I'd post it but in the past the Moderator has taken down my posting of the number. The threat is I will no longer able to post.

Mark
PS
It could be as simple as being one line of code.
Best Answer

Follow this thread

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Dashboard-tiles-missing/td-p/2680055

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too.

The page is black.

Also did not get my weekly report.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mark5551 that is strange. I have read the community guidelines quite carefully, and I really don't see how posting the publicly available phone number for the Fitbit corporate switchboard breaks any of the rules. Nonetheless, I will not post it here, just a link to a standard business directory where it can be found.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My dashboard has been blank for two weeks! What to do??
Best Answer
0 Votes

@foote53 Try a browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer V.11 (IE11). On PC systems Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox appear to work.

Corporate Switchboard is 1.415.513.1000 in case customer support (1.877.623.4997) is not able to help in a meaningful way.

They have reported that they 'anticipate' being able to provide a fix at some undefined time in the future. I share their level of confidence.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mark5551 Thank you for the information unfortunately im in the UK so a call to the USA is not an option both time or finance way - I have spent enough on Fitbit I just want them to accept they made an error that has caused the dashboard tiles not to work (and a few other things that are showing themselves now) and as they cannot put any time scale on this to roll back to when it worked while they are working on it - I shouldn't have to download other OS, Browsers or work from a mobile platform (which does not give access to the same information as the PC Web does) - yes I agree it may be just a line of programming gone wrong or missed out.

@KateFitbit Thank you for the update but a time scale would be great to alleviate the concerns of the people on here that something is being done - while there is no fix or duration please consider the rollback option to keep customers interested in this product - again having to download other OS, Browsers etc is not a fix but a lets push it under the table tactic (ie if everyone does this we have not got to worry about it any more) - that is the impression it gives even if it is not intended - hope you can see it from the paying customers point of view as well as the corporate side. Also Kate could you please post or PM me the link/procedure to starting a new post for future ref as it is unclear on how I do this (I cannot find start new post/ enter feature suggestion so guess I am looking in the wrong place), perhaps both those actions could be added to the drop down menu you get when you click on profile intop right corner and it has options for subscribed, settings etc,  Thank you again for your assistance

Fitbit used to be great and a product I would recommend to all my friends and colleagues but considering the time it takes to rectify issues (2 weeks for this and upto 11 months for others which still have not been addressed) I am not so sure as I am starting to lose faith in the ability to uphold the interests of the customer  - the quicker fixes are done (ie more priority then new products and advertising) the better all round surely they can see that - a happy customer keeps coming back and want to get better trackers or upgraded services. New customers are gained through reputation and word of mouth - help us to help you Fitbit

kind regards

Wayne

Best Answer