Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Unable to upload a profile or cover photo to Fitbit.com or app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 11/13/2018: As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing it for further responses. Thanks for taking the time to report this. Hopefully, we will soon start seeing more photos in the Community! 

Fitbit Update 11/13/2018: This issue should now be resolved. If you are still experiencing issues uploading a photo, please let me know. 

Fitbit Update 11/10/2018: I've merged a few posts together. We are currently aware that customers may have issues uploading profile and cover photos on Fitbit.com and the mobile app. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble and appreciate your reports. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

This needs to be fixed. Who else is having this issue?

Best Answer

You don't want to download but your going to upload your photo @Jenns48

You say you click a different screen, do you first click the save button?

This post I'm the getting started explains how to upload and where to check for permissions.

Best Answer

It’s being investigated by the tech team now and waiting for them to get back to me. I tried everything they suggested and nothing worked. 

Best Answer

Mine does the same. I click on the pink camera, then pick a photo from my camera roll, click on the green check mark, it puts the photo but when I switch to a different screen it takes it away. Help, I need a profile picture! 

Best Answer

I am! It is very frustrating 

Best Answer

Same for me - it says picture uploaded but shows a broken picture symbol on my profile, and on my app on my Galaxy S7 it shows nothing. My friends say they can't change their pictures at all. 

Best Answer

My husband has the same problem. I got the Charge 3 yesterday and he took my Charge 2. Created a profile for him, but the picture won't upload. It shows the same "broken white image" that I see in this topic and he has a picture timeline full of white images which cannot be deleted. Also, everything in his profile is correctly set to "male" but in my Friend List he shows up as "female". 

In my own profile the header picture has disappeared and left me with a black background. 

Hope these issues can be fixed soon 

Best Answer

Same thing for me. Has anyone seen a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for bringing this situation to our attention. Would it be possible for you to reply to us with a screenshot where the issue is visible? That will be very helpful for us to check this situation further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes sorry I meant upload. And yes I save and it shows up and then disappears. I have changed my profile picture before many times. It’s just been in the last 2 days that it’s not let me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @Rjo1969 and @Akl125, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @Walsh366, I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, are you trying to upload a profile picture from your phone or from the online Dashboard? Is this the first time this situation has happened on your side? If you're trying to upload a picture from your phone, please force-quit the app and try again, if this doesn't work, restart your phone, open the Fitbit app and try again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

My fitbit won't let me have my profile picture any more.  And a lot of my friends are having same problem,  it's been 3 days now. I TT is making it not worth having the fitbit. I can comment on things,  but no one knows who it is. 

Best Answer

My fitbit won't let me have my profile picture any more.  And a lot of my friends are having same problem,  it's been 3 days now. I TT is making it not worth having the fitbit. I can comment on things,  but no one knows who it is. 

Best Answer
That’s what it is all the time an when you put a picture on it goes off
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened after I updated firmware on Fitbit.  I changed profile pic.  And it didn't update.  Shows a black picture 

Best Answer

Yes having the same problem - friends think I’ve blocked them from seeing my pic. 

Hurry up Fitbit team and sort this glitch out. ☹️

Best Answer

Trying to change my profile pic today. I kept getting a message to "try back later", then a message that I needed to buy premium. 

Yes, I'm doing it correctly.

No, I do not have too many photos already.

Best Answer

Had a profile picture and banner up. I went to change it on my app and couldn't. It lets me select a picture and when I select done it goes to my profile and it's blank. I didn't even touch the banner and it somehow disappeared. I have tried on a computer by logging into the dashboard through website and it still doesn't let me change it. Tried multiple pictures and it shows me there are uploads there but they are blank and won't allow me to delete. 

Best Answer

467F767D-DD42-4545-AA90-9B05B495DF42.jpeg

No matter what I do, my pictures never stay uploaded to my profile pic or cover. I tried loading them one at a time and saving my profile after every upload; however, this does not work. I also attempted  sign out of my account, sign back in, upload photo, save, sign out, and sign back into it. This did not work either. Loading pictures first my workouts is frustrating as well. It take so 3 to 4 attempts to loads one background photo. Please tell me how to fix Or contact Apple and resolve this issue with the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Having the same issue. It’s very frustrating 

Best Answer