Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Unable to upload a profile or cover photo to Fitbit.com or app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 11/13/2018: As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing it for further responses. Thanks for taking the time to report this. Hopefully, we will soon start seeing more photos in the Community! 

Fitbit Update 11/13/2018: This issue should now be resolved. If you are still experiencing issues uploading a photo, please let me know. 

Fitbit Update 11/10/2018: I've merged a few posts together. We are currently aware that customers may have issues uploading profile and cover photos on Fitbit.com and the mobile app. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble and appreciate your reports. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

I received my fitbit today and am not able to add a profile picture using the app. I have a Samsung S7. Do I need to change a setting?  Please help.

Thnx.

Best Answer

If I am not mistaken, @M_Lopez, you need to use a web browser to add your profile picture to the Community board.

Best Answer

@M_Lopez  Thanks for stopping by! Like @USAF-Larry said you will need to access your profile from the website to add your picture. Log onto fitbit.com and enter your email and password, then click on the top right corner where you picture should show (in this case the default silhouette) on the new screen you will see the "Upload pictures" option that you can use to add your profile picture.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Unfortunately I think you have to be in a browser like google or safari. Go to Fitbit sign in. Next click my profile and there should be a button that lets you add a picture 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue; however, your solution did not work for me.  It will not allow me to add any pictu

I am not able to add pictures or view all pictures.  I am able to select the picture for adding but once I click upload, it just spins.

Best Answer

@maxx6585 then why not open your phones web browser and change the profile picture from there as @AlvaroFitbit's suggests by pointing the browser at https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

My problem with the app is a little different. The app wants permission for screen overlay, but the OS won't let me firm overplay permission on file the app. 

Yes I could spend a few days trying to get the app to work, or I could spend 2 minutes and do this through the web. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went online uploaded new pic said it was changed. Did  not  change on profile . Any solutions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I tried to change my profile photo. It did everything it’s supposed to, even showing the photo but when I looked at the challenge I was in and went back to my account information the photo was gone. I tired again several times through out the day on both the Android and the iOS apps with the same (non) results. I am puzzled. I’ve tried other photo with the same results. Help.... Not that it should make a difference but I have a Versa.

Best Answer

i cant seem to add a profile picture have tried on my phone and through a computer. any ideas please?

Best Answer

Can you please fix the problem with profile pictures an timeline pictures too cause they have disappeared from everyone’s account 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Same thing has happened to me. 😳

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I changed my profile picture and now when I try to save it, it doesn’t save.

Best Answer

Same here. I've tried on my phone and computer on various browsers, but still doesn't work.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Strange. I also have a versa. Also my background picture is missing from my profile. I hope someone can help with this issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

we can’t be the only ones with this problem 

Best Answer

I wanted to change my profile picture and now it won’t download any picture. Wanting to know why. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

I can’t seem to update my profile picture. It downloads and shows up and then when I click a different screen it’s gone. 

Best Answer

Please I can't get fitbit to show my profile picture and a lot of my friends same thing.  I uninstalled and reinstalled nothing. Don't want to quit fitbit so please fix. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  

Best Answer