Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to the Weight Tracking Page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2/10/2018

Please see this post for additional updates based on user feedback.

--

1/3/2018

Hi again! Just wanted to let you all know that the improvements to the Weight page is now live. Hope you like the new look! Smiley Happy

--

Hi everyone! We are excited to announce the launch of our updated website dashboard Weight Page, planned to go live in the coming year. This update will provide a great new aesthetic, interface improvements, and better alignment with the Fitbit app so that you have a consistent experience no matter where you are. 

In the updated interface, you'll now be able to edit any weight entry, rather than having to delete and recreate them to make changes. You'll also be able to set Weight Goals right from the dashboard, as well as clearly visualize weight entries on the graph using a new tool tip.

You might notice that weight badges are now found exclusively in the Badge Locker, to organize all your achievements in a single location. You'll find an easy link to your badges on the right side of the page.

Also note that you may occasionally see the weight tile on your dashboard differ from recent weigh-ins by a tiny amount (usually 0.1). Our team is aware of this, and working to resolve it in an upcoming release. Your Weight Page data should always be correct.

We will add some screenshots soon to aid in visualizing the change. We hope you enjoy the new look and features on the updated Weight Page! Please let us know if you have any questions about this feature or if we can help you get familiar with the changes.

Best Answer
262 REPLIES 262

The weight graph is the only part of the website I use, and it's so much worse now. 😞

Specifically:

• Rounding the weight numbers in the graph is crazy. Does the designer hate decimal points? Jeez. Just show me the actual number please!
  • It was helpful how each measurement would appear as a dot on the graph so that I can easily see when there were days without measurements. Now that's not visible at all.
  • The way the line is smoothed is just ugly. It wouldn't look so bad if the individual measurements were shown, though. (See previous item!)
Best Answer

@masharpe, did you notice that if you scroll right to the 3rd screen, the "Weight | Lean vs Fat", that the weight numbers are not rounded, but show the decimal point number?

Best Answer

@1brogers wrote:
How do you do this?

@1brogers, on the last day of the the month, I go to the Fitbit.com Dashboard -> Settings -> Data Export and export the Body data to a CSV file (actually my system is set to open CSV downloads into a spreadsheet), and then I append that data to the end of my Weight spreadsheet.  I can then use the spreadsheet graphing function to create unique graphs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that the chart that shows your weight over time changed several weeks back. The new chart doesn't show any data back beyond one year. You can plug in dates and will allow you go back two years.

I bought my scale in 2014 and I would like to know where is the information? Is it still available or has it been deleted? Did I miss some announcement saying this was going to occur?   

Best Answer

@1brogers, on the last day of the the month, I go to the Fitbit.com Dashboard -> Settings -> Data Export and export the Body data to a CSV file (actually my system is set to open CSV downloads into a spreadsheet), and then I append that data to the end of my Weight spreadsheet.  I can then use the spreadsheet graphing function to create unique graphs.

Thanks for this. It took me a while to find where you meant but it does work. I wish it wasn't limited to 31 days. Will take me a lot of runs to download all my data from 4 years, but it'll be worth it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jasonjknapp wrote:

Thanks for this. It took me a while to find where you meant but it does work. I wish it wasn't limited to 31 days. Will take me a lot of runs to download all my data from 4 years, but it'll be worth it. 

And, once you get your spreadsheet built, it is an easy once-a-month update to it.  Gives you long term trend analysis, too.

Best Answer

I have noticed that you can get a full on historical look with all the weight data you've ever entered via the android app.  So, data is still there and you can probably get a one page look at all weight data via some of the apps but, yeah, hope they at least give a "reversion" option or improve the new graphical page on the website. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a lot of other (and more important) things to do the last day of the month and I don’t really need another one. If that’s what it takes I’ll probably abandon Fitbit.
When I was asking “how do you do that” i was referring to how to “roll back” the dashboard software to the previous version.
Someone suggested that could be done.

Sent via MCCC
Best Answer

I noticed that the chart that shows your weight over time has changed over the past several weeks. The new chart doesn't show any data back beyond one year. You can plug in dates and will allow you go back two years.

I bought my scale in 2014 and I would like to know where the rest of my information is? Is it still available or has it been deleted?  I used this graph to track my weight as a relates to the amount of medication that I have been taking. 

Best Answer

Sorry, @1brogers, that I misread your post. I'll try not make such assumptions in the future.  Also sorry my simple solution is too time consuming for you.   Fortunately for me, the 2 or 3 minutes it takes once a month doesn't take too much out of my evening movie watching routine. I wouldn't expect the dashboard to roll backwards to a previous version, but there will probably be changes made over time. Meanwhile, I prefer to keep the data available on my local storage. Guess that is what over 50 years of work in computer systems causes...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go into Settings, click on Data Export and set up the dates you need. I found my first week's data from 4 years ago. Unfortunately you seem to be able to download only in 31 day chunks so you have a long job to do several years. I'm hoping Fitbit will be responsive to its customers' needs and reinstate the full data set on the weight graph before I have to download and sort 4 years of data manually.

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
Your last sentence gives the game away. Not all of us have 50 years IT experience. Indeed many of us have none. Even if I could eventually get the update process to a few minutes monthly, setting up my systems to download 4 years of data and then monthly updates, and convert data to a graph is probably several days work with no certainty of success. And the bigger question is why should I. This change was unconsulted on and unnecessary

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer

Could not agree more with all of the other posters. Until this is fixed no more fit bit purchases. Was about to purchase aria 2 since I've had my first gen since around 2013. In no uncertain terms if this is not fixed I will not ever purchase another fitbit product. Thankfully I had manually saved my data. 

Best Answer

I couldn't agree with you more. This is not what Fitbit should be doing. Providing less information and called it an upgrade is not a help.

Best Answer

I continue to revisit this string daily in the 'hopes' that Fitbit staff will post something/anything about what they are going to do to address the mess they caused with these horrible changes (I would never dare call them 'improvements'). So what will it be Fitbit? Are you going to listen and respond to your customers with a plan or will you continue to ignore and offer nothing but unhelpful platitudes to a select few?

Best Answer

Hi @LenaFit, would it be possible to go beyond 2 years when manually selecting a date range on the weight page. On the old page, for the start date, i was able to go right back to when i first started tracking my weight, which was around January 2015. I'd really like to be able to still see the graph from the start to now. Can that be changed?
Also, I've gotta say, i'm not made keen on the new look. It might grow on me, but is there anyway of having the option of whether to view the new look or the old look?

Cheers for now,

mark.

Best Answer

I had the exact same reaction. I cannot believe that I can't see ALL of my progress from when I bought my first Fitbit and the Aria. How disappointing! 

This was the primary reason I used the online dashboard. I guess I won't be back! 

Okay, I am capable of exporting the data to Excel so that I can have my full 3-year history. However, why in the hell can you only export one month at a time??? Are you kidding me? 

Best Answer

No, no, no.  I can no longer see my complete weight loss, which as higly motivating. A large weight loss takes more than one year.  I can’t believe you have removed my data without my consent!  Bad fitbit!

Best Answer

Jesus christ Fitbit! Just put back the feature to see "all time".  That is what so many people care about including me.  There was nothing wrong with the dashboard before, but now it is now useless to me.   Please pay attention to what your customers are asking for and give it to them.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to provide us with your feedback and reports on this topic. Rest assured we have relayed this our team to take into consideration for future Fitbit.com Dashboard improvements. I certainly appreciate your patience about this! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer