Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dashboard Showing N/A for Distance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my Web Dashboard is only showing N/A in the Distance column for all my activities. The Android App does however show Miles. Is there a way to correct the problem in the Web Dashboard?

Thanks

Keith

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

For some reason you can only start manually and edit if the "Workout" is selected.  If you select "Workout" manually the little pencil will show in the dashboard then you can change or name it whatever you want.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @SunsetRunner! 

I'd like to take a closer look at what is going on. Could you take a screen shot of the distance on the Dashboard and on the app? Then post it here so that I can see exactly what you mean.

Additionally, I'd like to ask you some questions:

• Is this for any specific activity or overall distance?
  • When did you notice this? When did it start happening?

Look forward to your reply so that I can help you make sense of this.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello Lanuza,

Thanks for getting back, I have attached a screenshot (below) of the Activity page from may Dashboard showing the column of N/As under Distance.

Re your questions...

• The problem seems to occur for all activities
  • I first noticed this problem on the day that I posted my problem (02 July 2017). However that was also the first day I had used the Web Dashboard as up until then I'd been using the Windows App on my PC.

All the best

Keith

DashboardActivity.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner! 

Perhaps it could be that the web Dashboard is not fully loading all information up. Let's try the the following:

1. Log out of your web Dashboard.
  2. Clear the your browser's cache.
  3. Log back into your Dashboard. 

After doing that check the activity list. Please let me know how it goes. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Lanuza,

No luck I'm afraid.  I followed your instructions (logged out of the Web Dashboard, cleared the Cache and restarted my browser) but no change. I've attached another screenshot taken after I followed your steps.

All the best

Keith

DashboardActivity6-July2017.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know that it didn't work @SunsetRunner.

In this case, I'll be letting the rest of the team know. Thanks for bringing it up and for following through with the troubleshooting steps I mentioned. Whenever we have any updates on the situation we will be letting everyone know. I will be sure to keep my eyes open.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

looks like you used the auto-detect function, letting Fitbit decide what you what you were doing. This mode does not report distance.

Best to manually start the event tracking from the Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @schmict.

That is a possibility, but @SunsetRunner did mention that the distance is showing up on the Fitbit app. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Manually starting the event on the Charge 2 does seem to have fixed the problem, the log now shows miles. The downside is that when I start an event manually the Dashboard will not let me edit it's name (see screenshot below). For example Yesterday I played tennis, but started the event as "Run" and I cannot change this in the Dashboard. All other events started automatically show the "Click to Edit" pencil in the Activity column but this one does not. Perhaps I just have to live with it!

Keith

FitBit-Edit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

For some reason you can only start manually and edit if the "Workout" is selected.  If you select "Workout" manually the little pencil will show in the dashboard then you can change or name it whatever you want.

Best Answer

Great, thank you. I'm "solved" then!

All the best

Keith

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner and @schmict.

Thank you very much for chiming in @schmict

@SunsetRunner Glad to see that you selected that post as the Solution. That will help other users locate the answer in case they have the same question.

If you have the time, you should visit our Discussion boards. You can talk about a lot of different topics in there.

Hope to see you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes