Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard screen is black

ANSWERED

The dashboard is a black screen, and my sleep data are missing info on the app.  What's going on?  I only bought a Fitbit for the sleep data, and now I can't get to it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
636 REPLIES 636

It's Google's fault for everybody's problems. Where is the Google post that clears this up? Obviously these user suggestions are not working. I don't need these rabbit holes to explore. Get the Dashboard back on my Mac computer! Another Google change without notice or follow-up.

Best Answer

When mine went blank on Safari, I switched to Chrome and it worked for 1 day. Now I can't get my dashboard to load on either browser.  I cleared my cache on both browsers as suggested, but the problem remains. Is fitbit aware of the problem and are they doing anything to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here, the dashboard is blank. Using Google Chrome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I can tell Fitbit isn't working on it.  And the app has been a mess since a few updates ago.  It won't synch, so I'll have to reboot my phone.  My workouts and active zone minutes will take 2-3 attempts to display, will not report workouts, will DOUBLE report workouts.  Clearly there is some systemic trouble going on with the group writing code for Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would check your browser, my dashboard works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On two computers with different Window OS's (Win7 and Win11 both using Firefox) I disabled an adblocker, specifically 'AdGuard' while the dashboard was blank. Upon disabling the adblocker the dashboard appeared. Not sure if this is a 'fix' or not and time will tell.

Try disabling all adblockers and see if it helps. Could be something on the dashboard page an adblocker doesn't like, thus blocks loading of the page.

Best Answer

Thanks--I'm still getting a blank screen in the latest/patched version of Chrome. (Running PopOS LTS on the desktop, also fully patched. Prior to this week, no issues with the desktop browser loading the dashboard page on that machine.)

The message in the dashboard main screen shows the mobile app downloads for Android/iOS, and a note "If you miss the old look, head over to the browser view."

But the link and all available "dashboard" links on various pages still show just lead to a blank middle section on the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about a response from Fitbit - Dashboard has been blank for over a week

Best Answer

Full text of the main / dashboard page as it shows in Chrome desktop:

Your health dashboard is now in the Fitbit app

• Track your goals and progress with ease
  • Explore curated workout and mindfulness content
  • Get deeper insights into health and wellness trends

Go to Fitbit app (App Store icon) Go to Fitbit app (Google Play icon)
If you miss the old look, head over to the browser view.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well looks like I spoke too soon. Dashboard reappeared for me yesterday without me doing anything. It was still there a couple of hours ago but now it’s gone again!
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could be a datacenter issue too - not enough capacity to meet demand.  But for sure the CEO needs to be having a sit down with the IT manager/CIO and get these issues sorted out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a chat with customer service the other day and was told that since that hadn't had many complaints about it; it wasn't considered a "wide-spread" problem; but she would forward it to tech support.  If we ever hope to get this resolved; people need to bombard customer service with complaints, not just gripe about here on the message boards.  I don't think anyone from the actual company reads these messages.  So people.... contact customer service and register an official complaint. 

Best Answer

Per agirlpilot's comment, I was already using Chrome when the dashboard disappeared, and had been for many years. I tried DuckDuckGo and it was fine for seeing the dashboard - but only for a day. Per the previous advice to clear cache on Chrome, yes it works. But it only works for a limited amount of time so clearing the cache has to be done every day, and that's just not sensible, nor is it feasible. I imagine it probably needs to be done daily on all the other browsers too. So it comes back to Fitbit letting down masses of its customers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just finished a live chat session and asked about the status of the ongoing dashboard issue without any other explanation. It took a long time for the response, but I was surprised when the chat agent came back with "We are are of the issue and working on a fix". I was expecting to have to explain everything, so i was quite surprised. I feel better that they have acknowledged it and that they are working on it.

Best Answer

Try disabling adblockers while on the Fitbit dashboard page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All, 

Something that has been working for me in Chrome that I have not seen mentioned yet is doing a hard refresh of the page (hold down Ctrl on the keyboard while clicking the refresh button for the site). I am not sure how to do that on my phone/Safari, but for now I've been getting the calorie data I need from the Log. *shrugging emoji*. 

Try the hard refresh! 

Best Answer

Yes, I had a black dashboard and my steps are not updating after I manually inputted steps.

Best Answer

I did. No love.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tired of scrolling through all these rabbit hole posts trying to remedy the dashboard blackout. The community is acting as though it's a browser problem with some hit and miss temporary solutions. Isn't Google on top of the browser business. Shouldn't they be forecasting the solution to the problems they've created with the application design changes. Let me know when its working!

Best Answer

Worked yesterday in Firefox , not today, a real pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes