Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see the messages sent to my friends?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This solution may be incredibly easy and I may just be overlooking it but since I'm pretty new to this, I hope you'll let this one slide. Smiley Very Happy I had a friend message me but now I can't figure out where to go to view the message they sent, or any messages I've sent in return. Is there a place to view the conversation or at least see if you've replied? Thanks for any help!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Dream on. Fitbit has been ignoring all the user requests for this feature since 2014. Their reply is basically, "No!" but they don't bother to say so.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If Fitbit were my company I would at least try to explain the reason why the solution has not yet been developed. Maybe it costs too much money to develop, or whatever other reason. But to simply ignore customers is just plain rude.

Best Answer
I know, I’m about to quit Fitbit for the Apple Watch. I don’t like companies who are cheap and ignore customers.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I don’t think anyone could blame you for switching, least of all fitbit. 

I for one would if I could afford it. My wife has an Apple Watch and loves it. Alas, we can’t afford another one yet so I’m stuck. But I guess that’s what fitbit rely on... They’re probably owned by Apple anyway 😂😂😂

Best Answer

Fitbit clearly doesn’t value customer feedback enough to respond to it with changes to their product. If you want a company who cares, this is not it. They take the, “My way or the highway,” approach. 

Best Answer

Fitbit’s actions show that they are not responsive to customer input. If they were, they would keep more customers. Their slogan must be, MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suppose their view is they’re doing ok so why bother with customer service. Probably means they’re getting ready for a takeover

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Everyone! Fitbit truly appreciates your feedback and comments about implementing this feature. I was checking the idea that have been already posted in our Feature Suggestion board which is Threaded Messaging and found that the status has changed to not currently planned, I recommend to check the link to learn more about Fitbit's decision. 

Your understanding is appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi @SilviaFitbit, I am sorry but I’m going to have to call BS on your message. 

1. Fitbit does not appreciate my feedback.

2. Fitbit does not have my understanding...it has the opposite.

regards

Best Answer

After four years of ignoring all user requests for this feature, it is clear that Fitbit does not appreciate users' feedback. It just ignores our feedback. Our patience is gone. It's time for Fitbit to show it cares by ACTING to implement the feature requested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time for Android wear or iWatch here.... but thanks for letting us know Silvia. Still wish the company really did value customers more than our feedback. 

Best Answer
I think Fitbit will resolve this problem. They just need to lose a bit of market share first. Once one of their fruity competitors can match all the Fitbit features, then there’ll be no need to buy a Fitbit. That’s the point at which some new marketing guy will say “Hey, I’ve got this great idea! Why don’t we give the customers what they want?” And all his colleagues will look at him as if he’s mad....
Best Answer

@Boggy

😂😂😂

Best Answer

So many inferior aspects to the entire fitbit service. No wonder their stock is getting hammered!

Dear Fitbit - every major social company has a messenger service that displays the entire conversation. How is it that you're so behind the 8-ball on this? You don't see how increasing the social aspect of your service will drive deeper engagement and as a result retention?  

Best Answer
You’re wasting you’re time appealing to Fitbit - they don’t listen to existing customers as their focus appears to be on pulling in new ones.

They don’t seem to have learnt the lessons of history, which states that once the churn (customers going elsewhere) % gets too high the company won’t survive.

You only have to look at companies like the electrical retail chain Comet Group, or Compaq pc, the world’s largest suppliers of pcs at the time - or even Borders, the global book retailer.

All were very large and succesful, but ultimately they provided poor customer service and folks went elsewhere.

Unfortunately for Fitbit, there are competitor’s out there who give outstanding customer service.

I guess one of those will gobble them up in time, then that will be the end of Fitbit as we know it - just look what happened to Withings once Nokkia bought them.
Best Answer

This is unacceptable.  Members should be able to see messages they send.  Very dissapointing.

Best Answer

They’re not listening!

The only suggestion I’ve read so far is to cut and paste messages to something like ‘notes’ or ‘word’ so you’ve got a record - what a lot of messing around. That’s so not going to happen!

Of course you could just email or text your friends, or be really old fashioned and ring them up for a chat. Even more extreme in this digital age, you could actually meet the more local ones for a coffee. Or am I just dreaming of an earlier time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After two fitbits stopped working on me, when I decided to switch to a Samsung Gear S3 — I can remember this issue still being a point of resentment. I might have stuck with it longer if this was not an issue because I really wanted this feature to work. Now I won’t go back, the Samsung is much more durable.

Best Answer

Isn't this the idea board?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been added?  I'm not able to see messages I sent to my friends.  There was a suggestion made back in 2014, but it seems the thread is locked.  Does that mean they're working on it?

Also, how do I delete messages?  The only options I see are cheer, taunt, and some other, but not delete.

Best Answer