Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 fell out of my wrist band.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After owning two flex models, I switched to the flex 2 when it came out (last month).  Two days ago my tracker fell out of the wristband some time while I was wearing it.  I went to tap it after a 2 mile walk, and it was gone!  I'm very disappointed!  I never had this problem with the flex.  It was only a few weeks old!

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

Mine too!!!  I went to tap it a little while ago and it is gone.

Not happy, and neither are my wife and kids who bought it for me as a Christmas gift.

Best Answer

Hello guys! I hope you are doin' fine! Cat Happy 

@andie5, I'm sorry to hear about your lost tracker. Have you tried to look for it? maybe you left it in your house or in your car. I suggest you to follow the steps on this post to try to locate your Flex 2. Give it a try and let me know!

@Brett45, it is great to see new members around! As I mentioned before, did you try to find it with the instructions I posted above? If you have, and you couldn't find it, I suggest you to contact Fitbit Support. I'm pretty sure they can find a solution for you. 😉

Have a nice weekend! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! I'm another victim of this.

When I bought it (all of 5 days ago...) I did think the space in the wristband was quite flimsy and not as secure as my original Flex.

Checked my progress on a challenge with friends and thought it wasn't syncing. Tapped it, no lights, "must be a battery problem" I thought. So what do you do with batteries? Take them out and rub them.

Went to take off the (tight) wristband and couldn't believe it had gone! Last synched at 9:20 this morning when I was on the train. Nothing handed in to lost property at the station.

Gutted. 

Fitbit I definitely think it needs to be more secure.

Best Answer

Hey @Jugsie, it is nice to see new members around! I'm sorry to hear that your Flex 2 got lost. Smiley Surprised Fitbit has improved the quality of the Flex 2 wristband, and I can tell you that is very secure now, so it shouldn't falling down. So in this case, I suggest you to get in touch with Fitbit Support directly, so they can take a look into your warranty options and choose the best one to get you back on track. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

my friend gave me "TUSITA" silicone fastener to avoid fell out , see image

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

Best Answer

My fitbit fell out of my fitbit at The Depot in Gibsonville.  I retraced my steps and had 2 employees plus 3 friends helping search for it.  No luck.  So disappointed.  I left my name and number at the front desk and asked ig anyone had turned on in, but no luck.  This was a Christmas gift purchased on 12/19/06.  

Best Answer

Hi Heydy,

I certainly did try to find it.  I was on a remote mine site an hour and a half away from home during the morning, and when I got back and went to sync it I noticed it was no longer there.  

I then walked all around our home and yard and there was no attempt to sync with my phone, so I'm assuming it is in a remote area somewhere.

It's pretty annoying, and it looks like its happening to more and more people as well.

Cheers,

Brett

Best Answer
Spoiler
I contacted Fitbit and they're sending me a one time replacement tracker. I'm thrilled they offered it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @benphand, I hope you are doin' great! Wow! what a good idea. Thanks for sharing for the members here in the Community. 

@kldavis311, I'm sorry to hear that your Flex 2 got lost, but on the other side, sounds awesome that our Support team did a good job and is going to replace it. 

@Brett45, thanks for the time you have taken to try to find your Flex 2. Since there are no results, I suggest you to get in touch with our Support team directly, so they can take a look of your options under warranty. Let me know the outcome. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

Add me to this growing list.  Beyond frustrated.  Had the Flex for 2+ years and never this type of issue.  Have had to replace one or two times but that was my fault (wet) but decided to get the Flex 2 two weeks ago and right after the first charge, I replaced, secured and wore for 2 + days but when to tap and it was GONE from the band.

Best Answer

Hey hey hey @PhilinChi, it is nice to see new members around the Community! Woman Happy I'm sorry to hear that your Flex 2 got lost. Do you have any idea where did you lose it? maybe it is around your house or car. You can try to find it by taking a look of the tips in this post. If you can't find it or you already tried it without success, please get in touch with Fitbit Support directly and let them know about this. I'm pretty sure that they will choose the best option for you. 😉 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response.  As mentioned, I have been a Flex user for several years and of course, I too have misplaced the Fitbit between charges 2-3 times and I have always successfully located them since it always occurred indoors and was in a pocket somewhere.  I am versed in the 2 or 3 Bluetooth Finder apps.

This literally fell out of the band while I was outside my home (work, grocery store et al)

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to me @PhilinChi!  Oh! this sounds too bad. Then, it seems that there is no chance to find your Flex 2. Woman Sad In this case, as I mentioned before, I would like you to get in touch with Fitbit Support directly and let them know that you tried to find your tracker without success. I'm pretty sure that they will find a solution for you. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Per your suggestion, I contacted support.  And they confirmed last use and are working to resolve for me. 
If I get a replacement, I may have to put some scotch tape underneath so that the same thing does not happen again. 🙂

Best Answer

Hey hey hey @PhilinChi, thanks for your reply. I appreciate you have taken the time to contact Fitbit Support. I'm pretty sure that they will find a solution for you. Now, in case you receive a new Flex 2 (just keep in mind that I can't guarantee that) you can follow @benphand advice, about putting "Tusita" silicon fastener to avoid fell out. Let me know how it goes! 😉

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had mine since Friday afternoon and just now lost and managed to refind mine. It apparently fell out at some point while I was taking a nap, not sure how considering how tight I keep the band attached. I know it won't for everyone, but if you have a general idea where you lost it, IE you can still sync, try settting an alarm for a minute away and listen for the vibration. Might take a few tries, but hopefully you'll get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you understand how ridiculous that sounds.  I purchased a fitness band but I need to purchase a third party peripheral to make it work as it should. ???

Besides, thanks for the suggestion but I can tolerate the band issue.  It is the fall out FROM that device that I can't  do anything about short of scotch tape whenever I have it in.
Sorry very frustrated here.

Best Answer

I bought a Flex 2 for my partner for christmas and it has dropped out of the strap too - this is very bad, I have had a flex for 3 years and never had a problem.   This was an expensive gift which I cannot afford to replace.  Bad form

Best Answer

Sounds familiar.  So sorry this happened to you too.  And yes, never saw this issue with the prior version of which I was a loyal user and 'evangelizer' for.  😞

I hope Fitbit figures it out soon or this can get mighty expensive...until then, I may have to tape the bottom of the band shut making for a sweaty wear.

Best Answer