Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 fell out of my wrist band.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After owning two flex models, I switched to the flex 2 when it came out (last month).  Two days ago my tracker fell out of the wristband some time while I was wearing it.  I went to tap it after a 2 mile walk, and it was gone!  I'm very disappointed!  I never had this problem with the flex.  It was only a few weeks old!

Best Answer
147 REPLIES 147

You need to be within bluetooth range to get a signal so you need some idea of where you lost it, and you need to locate it before the battery goes flat. Use a bluetooth finder like Bluetooth Finder (for Android). There is another one for iOS but I forget the name. They are free apps and work by locating the bluetooth signal. Good luck.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used the BLE Scanner app on my iPhone to find my sister's Fitbit when she dropped it one night.  Very cool app.  Plus, it's fun to turn it on and see what other Fitbits are near you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

oh my gosh!  This happened to me too!  I have worn a flex for years and just bought a new one.  I have had it for just a couple of months.  This is so disappointing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen over the weekend. I went to check my progress in my Flex2 and discovered that the tracker had slipped out. This seems to be a fairly common problem with the Flex2, but I've been told that lost products are not covered by the limited warranty. I have two other FitBits that I use regularly, but I'm not thrilled that the one I purchased for swimming can be lost so easily.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought one (well 9) of these and it works fine.
Too bad no one will see this post BEFORE they lose it, though.

Maybe they have been, and I just haven't noticed, but Fitbit should be more proactive on this. 
Have a warning and include one of these, they are probably 10-25 cents a piece, wholesale.

https://www.amazon.com/TUSITA-Replacement-Accessories-Band-Security-Wristband/dp/B01M35ULSK/ref=sr_1...

Best Answer

Hi Jimmy,

I saw this in the thread as well, but my issue was with the tracker, not the band. The wristband stayed on, but the tiny tracker element somehow slipped out and I didn't notice it for a while because the wristband hadn't moved. 

-Rob
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know exactly what you are saying.

This protects the tracker from falling out of the band. You put it on the band............and wrap it around the tracker. It locks the tracker in. It can't fall out. 

Best Answer

My wife has had the same issue with the Flex 2 Band this past weekend. I purchased this as a Valentine's day gift back in February for her along with the Rose Gold Bangle.

Somewhere along us walking around Macao on our vacation, the little black device came out of the tight band around her wrist. We did our best to locate it trying to sync it, but to no luck. We returned back to the states today to see what FitBit could do, which wasn't much. The fact that we "lost" the tracker device and not the wristband isn't covered under warranty. It seems to me though that this is poor Fitbit band design and even wound tightly on her wrist, it still came out and Fitbit won't back their product. I've owned multiple Fitbit's including the first Flex, Charge, Charge HR, and the Blaze without any issues. They offered 25% off of a replacement device, but I don't see this working out given that the device will just fall out again. The same goes with the Rose Gold Bangle; the clasp comes undone constantly through just routine walking. 

Best Answer

I've just lost my second one in four months from flex 2s. So bitterly disappointed, I have tried to stay brand loyal, but after my first flex 1 died (which had lasted a long time), the replacement lasted only two months. So i have a growing collection of unused bands and boxes (not the most environmentally friendly way of providing the product) and after reading this forum I can see how many problems there are - I'm really concerned that fitbit isn't too concerned about the quality of it's products. I've contacted support to ask for assistance but not feeling overly optimistic. Has anyone tried an alternative brand? I mostly use mine to track steps and sleep and for tracking my distance when running in the pool.

Best Answer

I also lost it twice, but what helped for me after is that I put the bracelet one noth tighter. After that i have no more issues with losing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine fell out as well and I miss it. What can I do about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is very upsetting when one is lost. If you know where you lost it you can try the suggestions above with bluetooth finders. If that doesnt work then Id suggest you contact support. I dont know if they will help as loss is not covered by the warantee, but no harm in asking! The link is in my signature. Let us know what happens

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. Luckily I found mine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the band for the Fitbit Flex 2 is a poor design.  I had mine few months, a replacement for the waterproofed Alta that had major battery failure a month beyond the one year warranty.  

The tracker kept slipping out of the pocket.  I was able to eventially find it around the house.  I tried to use tape to keep the tracker secured inside the band’s pocket.  Then one day I was out doing errands and it was later that day i discovered the tracker had once again slipped out.  Was not successful in locating.  Now without a waterproof tracker and need to look for a better non-fitbit tracker!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem with these is that they block the lights which I check regularly.  I also have mine set to go off at certain times and need to see which color the light it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit fell out of my wristband too. 😞

its already been a week, was 20 hours after last sync before I noticed, and I was in multiple locations the day I lost it.  so sad.

Best Answer

I had mine fall out this summer while at a rural island off Vancouver. Looked down to check charge and it was twisted around and tracker was missing. I figured that was the end of it, since I couldn’t find it. My son had given it to me the previous Christmas and I was a little upset about it. On a whim I contacted Fitbit support via the chat last night to find out about a replacement tracker and they are sending me a new one for free! Extremely kind of them. I’m going to get one of those clips someone suggested. And of course, when I told my son last night, he suddenly remembered that he purchased product insurance for it when he bought it from Amazon. Should have done something about it 6 months ago lol. Well at any rate, looks like I’m not the only one. Seems like it’s maybe a design flaw - they should redesign the bracelet? I’m psyched to get back “on track” with my fitness, at any rate, especially since I’m about to start training for a 10k.

Best Answer
Definitely a design flaw.  Should be corrected. Otherwise it's Great tool.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

This has happened to me twice. Currently going on. Haven't found it yet and doubt I will. I'm contacting FitBit to try to get a new one as this is ridiculous. Clearly a TON of people have had this happen and they don't care or they'd have designed it with something to protect it from falling out or include something optional with it to hold it in place. 

Best Answer

I just lost my 2nd flex2 out of my wrist band in 1 1/2 years. Most of the time they fall out I have been able to find them through syncing. No chance this time. I need to find something that works better. Any suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes