Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Fitbit determine your body weight??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know if the fitbit can actually determine your body weight??

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jaxxie1984 The fitbit unit does not determine your weight.  You can either use the Aria to send the data to the app and your profile, or go to your profile and change the weight there or put in your current weight in apps that link with fitbit like MFP which will update your fitbit profile weight.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Jaxxie1984 wrote:
Does anyone know if the fitbit can actually determine your body weight??

Not sure how it would do that....I always manually enter my weight for each day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaxxie1984 The fitbit unit does not determine your weight.  You can either use the Aria to send the data to the app and your profile, or go to your profile and change the weight there or put in your current weight in apps that link with fitbit like MFP which will update your fitbit profile weight.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I enter my weight manually in Fitbit and sometimes it changes it automatically. Not drastically, only an ounce or two....but i wonder how and why it does that?

Best Answer

Same here.  Mine will change and oz or two occasionally on its own with no entry by me.  wonder what that is all about?

Best Answer

Mine did this for me this morning. I weighed this morning but I know I've for sure lost a certain amount. It changed my weight loss to the weight from this morning.

Best Answer

It's going to sound nuts but mine changed my weight on its own. Because my weight changes daily like most I entered 2 lbs more for more forgiveness on my part. When I checked my dashboard it said I was 2.5 less. I went to weigh thinking I was out of my mind and it was correct to the change varying by 2 ounces. 

Call me crazy but I know what I entered. 

Best Answer

Mine is changing my weight too! Or adding random weigh ins...for instance two weeks ago on Sunday, I manually logged 145.6...now on my chart it shows that "I logged" 145.6 on Wednesday as well...it's very weird. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too!!!!!!!  We are not nuts. 

Best Answer

Anyone figure out how this is happening yet and how to stop it?

Best Answer

Mine has been changing my weight for a month or so now. It went from 133, to 139 to 137. I was hoping to come here for some answers but no such luck. 

Best Answer

Ok, I just added a new device to my profile. My last one stopped charging weeks ago and finally got around to replacing it. I weighed myself this morning before my purchase after work so I could enter my current weight, and when I went to enter the number, it was already populated with the number from this morning - exactly to 1/10 of a pound. I was not wearing any device or holding my phone when I weighed myself. I feel invaded... 😐 anyone else??

Best Answer

I weighed myself this morning and absolutely did not log in the weight. This evening my Alta HR is reporting the exact number. How did this happen?

Best Answer

How did it know my weight to the exact pound? I opened it charged it put it on linked it to my Fitbit account and it synced to my app, then it had my weight to the pound on there.... How????

Best Answer

I just got my Fitbit last week and without ever entering my weight, it's automatically on there since putting the watch on. And in the last week it's decreased, showing I've lost a few ounces. Again, I've never entered my weight on this and was just looking for answers as to whether the watch has a way of calculating body weight on its own when I stumbled upon this forum where clearly I'm not the only user noticing this. Anyone know how the watch is doing this? 

Best Answer

Hello! Please, what is Aria?

Best Answer
0 Votes