Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning Silicone Bands- Rubbing Alcohol does *not* work!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys. I recently tried cleaning my Fitbit brand silicone bands with rubbing alcohol and soap and water to get black off the edges, but it didn't seem to work. Are there any alternatives that actually get the black dirt off the edges? Thanks!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @delbocciot - Here are the Fitbit recommended cleaning tips:

https://www.fitbit.com/productcare

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but I've done just what it says and the rubbing alcohol just does not work. Even the hand soap and water does not remove dirt around the edges...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@delbocciot I have had luck with Magic Eraser.  You just have to make sure you rinse is really well after so no residue is coming into contact with your skin.

Best Answer

@delbocciot I hope you're doing well! Have you tried using a soap-free cleanser like Cetaphil, Gentle Skin Cleanser, or Aquanil? Make sure to rinse thoroughly, and dry well.

For tough spots, stains or buildup on your band, scrub with a wet soft-bristled toothbrush. Also, the tip provided by @Jrdubyakc is interesting. It is worth trying that as well!

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear ya! I've tried alcohol, Bon Ami with a toothbrush. Soap and water. It still looks grimy. I bought a pack of differentcolored ones but I don't dare wear the yellow or orange. I think I'll hafta try a magic eraser and see what happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

for my white band, I also tried Dawn dish detergent, nail polish remover, and  letting it soak in a mixture of Oxyclean and water. Still looks bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I was just looking to buy a new fitbit with a white band but I’m hesitant as I don’t want it to get dirty can I ask how long before yours started to get dirty? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

24 hrs without any heavy or messy work while being protected my my jacket. I think dyes from clothing like jeans transfer too easily. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, that's insane i can't believe it got dirty so quickly i think ill go with a black one instead. 

Best Answer

Has anyone tried the magic erasers. 

Yes @Morvarid light colored bands get dirty fast. 

Best Answer
0 Votes