Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycling counts as steps?!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Usually when I cycle to work I struggle to hit my step targets. Although it’s active travel there are no steps done! However this week I’ve noticed my Flex 2 seems to be counting my cycling activity as steps?! Anyone else had this or know how I can fix it? Cheers 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Vscheele Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well!

Let me help you with your Flex 2 counting steps while cycling. Your device will detect the movement on your arm and translate that movement into steps. There are situations in which your arm may move but you won't be actually walking. For example, this may happen when you are playing the drums, burping a baby or clapping. It can also happen while driving. In this case the ride could have been bumpy enough for your tracker to detect steps. You can negate these steps by logging a driving activity. You can try wearing your device on your non dominant hand but select that hand as dominant on the device’s settings to make it less sensitive to movement.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work. When I log a driving activity, this doesn't remove the steps.

Further, why doesn't FitBit, which is connected to my phone by bluetooth and knows my current speed, know that I'm clearly not walking? Every android and iphone does this without a hitch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes