Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex 2 not synching and won't reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Flex 2 stopped synching, so I did all the steps about turning off BlueTooth, told my phone to forget the Flex in the BlueTooth settings, etc. I even put the Flex 2 into the charger and held down the square button for 10 seconds, and it still won't work. My phone won't even see it now. How do I reset, or do I need a new one?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @TracyMangum, the reset procedure for the Flex 2 is a little bit different -- you need to press the button 3 times within 5 seconds rather than one press and hold.  Here are the instructions.  It is usually a good idea to give it 3 restarts in a row, as one restart doesn't always do the trick.

Once you have it reset, try following the instructions to set up a replacement tracker.

I hope this helps.  Keep us posted.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, @TracyMangum, the reset procedure for the Flex 2 is a little bit different -- you need to press the button 3 times within 5 seconds rather than one press and hold.  Here are the instructions.  It is usually a good idea to give it 3 restarts in a row, as one restart doesn't always do the trick.

Once you have it reset, try following the instructions to set up a replacement tracker.

I hope this helps.  Keep us posted.  Welcome to the forums!

Best Answer

Instructions say to press and hold button for 3 seconds to resync fit bit with I-phone. What button?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Julia.

For those with the same problem: Even three resets of my Flex 2 didn't do the trick until I also restarted my phone. I initially restarted my phone, which didn't resolve the failure to sync. Only the phone restart after restarting the pebble resolved it.

Thought I'd share.

Best Answer

Excuse my ignorance but where will I find the reset button? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lucinda1912  It isnt that easy to see it. The button is on the back of the charging cradle towards one of the ends (I forget which end though). Have the pebble in the cradle charging and press the button three times within 3 seconds. Please come back if you continue to have problems.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thankyou for your message, it was really helpful and my fitbit is now syncing properly.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

To restart my fitbitFlex2 does the Fitbit battery need to be fully charged?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Flex 2 only has one light lit when in the cradle & plugged in to the wall to charge.  I cannot get it to restart after pushing the pebble 3; all of the lights won't flash due the battery being low.  Should I wait to restart it when the battery is fully charged?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ShsynaPaul , it does not have to be fully charged, but it can be helpful for it to have some charge, as even restarting can use some battery power.  If you are having no luck restarting initially, I qould give it a couple of hours charge and then try again.  You need to push the button 3 times in 5 secs, so fast, but nt too fast! So press, pause, press, pause, press.

I hope that helps.

Best Answer

@ShsynaPaul, it's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you with your Flex 2 not restarting. Did you charge your tracker? Were you able to restart your device? You can follow these instruction to properly restart your device.

@Julia_G thank you for your help here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Team 

My Flex 2 is not synching with my iPhone and will not reset. I have tried the following:

1. turning Bluetooth on and off
  2. restarting my iPhone
  3. placed the battery in the charger - all the lights are flashing (no vibration felt after pressing the button) have tried this 3 times
  4. removed the Fitbit app from my iPhone and reinstalled it

Sadly, no success.

Please can someone advise.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you got an answer?, I have the same issue, the pebble only flashes once (all white lights but one yellowish), but no vibration, I disconnect it and dies immediately 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

20230102_120729.jpg

 the little square on charger is reset butt they're talking about. I too have done everything with no luck. It quit December 6th 2022. I use mainly to track my sleep, but wished it was working last Thursday. I know I wouldve went way over on goal steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes