Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit bluetooth not being recognised

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

synced fine this morning about half 9. since then unable to find my fitbit on the app. done all the listed check, including removing/unpairing device from phone and unpairing on app - now wont repair as unable to find it still. app up to date and fitbit device up to date... any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Inspiring the device from the phone is a good step. 

Removing the device from your Fitbit account will only add problem's. 

Now you have to setup the tracker as if it is new to you. When there is no communication, telling Fitbit that I do not want to use the tracker will simply dig the problem deeper. 

It would be helpful to know what type of phone. 

http://help.fitbit.com/?q=sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem. My fitbit wouldn't sync for over a week now and then I removed it from the Bluetooth list to re-add it. Big mistake. Now it won't appear in the list of Bluetooth devices. I've tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling the app, updating the app, removing the device from the app, installing in a different device and my Windows 10 laptop and it still won't appear in any Bluetooth device list. What the heck is going on with Fitbit. Everything was going fine until last week. I've talked to 3 support reps and nothing works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have removed the tracker from bluetooth which is a good step. There is no need to remove the device from your Fitbit account, even when changing to a computer. 

Simply log into your Fitbit account and the tracker should sync. 

We have to figure out the sync issue before we can see it up. 

Https://help.fitbit.com/?=setup

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue since monday 24th on Huawei P10 lite with Android 8.0.

Uninstalled the app and installed it again and for now my Flex 2 sync again.

Fingers crossed. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue but the following fixed it.

Force close the app.

Turn off bluetooth.

Charge your fitbit above 60% and keep it there at all times.

Reboot the device.

Your fitbit should show up as a pairable device.

This solution took me days to figure out but my Flex 2 will disconnect from BT (even though it is still paired) when the battery level drops below 60%. 

I have kept my battery level above 60% for several weeks and have not had one iota of a bluetooth connection issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It may show up as a pairable device, but as your Fitbit manual explains, the user can not pair the tracker this way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes