Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit didn’t log my sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi last night the sleep was logged but woken up today and synced and nothing is coming up

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Charlottehorsma! Have you been having the same issue with your sleep data?

If you sync your Fitbit each morning to see last night's sleep stats, then tap the sleep tile on your Fitbit app dashboard to see your sleep history and tap any particular day to see details. On the fitbit.com dashboard, click the sleep tile to view your recent sleep data. Below is the step-by-step instructions:

• In the morning, open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your device to send your sleep details to your dashboard.
  • Tap the sleep tile (If it says "How did you sleep?", your device's data hasn't synced with your dashboard) and then tap Today or another day to see details.
  • Swipe through the graphics at the top to see your sleep stats.
  • Tap the expander icon in the top right to open and close more detailed views.

If after doing this you cannot get your sleep data, do the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOS, Android
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Sync again

Hope this helps, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Charlottehorsma! Have you been having the same issue with your sleep data?

If you sync your Fitbit each morning to see last night's sleep stats, then tap the sleep tile on your Fitbit app dashboard to see your sleep history and tap any particular day to see details. On the fitbit.com dashboard, click the sleep tile to view your recent sleep data. Below is the step-by-step instructions:

• In the morning, open the Fitbit app and wait a few moments for your device to send your sleep details to your dashboard.
  • Tap the sleep tile (If it says "How did you sleep?", your device's data hasn't synced with your dashboard) and then tap Today or another day to see details.
  • Swipe through the graphics at the top to see your sleep stats.
  • Tap the expander icon in the top right to open and close more detailed views.

If after doing this you cannot get your sleep data, do the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (iOS, Android
  • Force quit the app
  • Restart your tracker 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Sync again

Hope this helps, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hey. I tried these steps and didn’t have any luck!

Best Answer

Mine did the same last night. Can't get it to sync sleep details

Best Answer

Just went through all of these steps and I’m still missing the last two nights of sleep stats.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I've followed all the steps advised but it is not syncing my sleep.  Is this a software fault?

Best Answer

Having the same problem and that was a long process to go through with no resolution. 2 nights lost within 2 weeks. 

Best Answer

did this thread get re-directed. I had same situation arise. I did notice I had inadvertently put my strap one notch looser. It was still recording HB, but had 'sleep not tracked' on display. My sensitivity is set to 'normal' and has not failed in 2 weeks of use.

Best Answer

okay so it showed - but I had to go into dashboard/sleep and hit record. it has always simply updated automatically after a few minutes up and having coffee. guess I'll just see what happens tomorrow. not a big deal. but, if anyone knows why no auto update, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Plap17 This is the Flex 2 forum - flex doesnt have a heart rate monitor. Which tracker do you have?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

yeah wrong forum. sorry - new to all this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of those steps described & my fitbit charge 3 did not update my sleep either.  Not even the one without the detail.  First time ever.  I can only hope it works tomorrow.

Best Answer

I tried all the steps suggested and for the first time in over a year might inspire HR did not log my sleep last night

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Charge 3 not showing sleep data for last night. I tried all of the steps to fix and still not updating. Any other fixes?

Best Answer

Same problem with Charge 2. Never had this problem before and have had it for years. Followed all the steps recommended above, nothing changed. But this has led me to the realization that it recorded the week previous' heart rate throughout the day (has the chart), but hasnt done that any other week listed, which is a lot. So now i am wondering if this is indicative of a larger problem. Fingers crossed going through all the steps werent for retrieving data, but for starting over so it wont screw up tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Versa 2. This morning no sleep data was logged for last night. I went through all of the suggested steps above, but still see no data. I hope that Fitbit can propose a solution as I want to be able to rely on my sleep tracker. To be fair it has worked without issues for many months, but still, I would appreciate its reliability continuing please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m just a user, but I thInk that if your device started to have this problem after only a few months of use, then there might be an issue with your device. I experiences this issue after a couple of year of use, and the steps described by Fitbit tech support resolved it. You may want to consider claiming a replacement device while it is still under warranty, if it’s only a few months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know what, I have a correction to make, and I apologize for my mistake, I haven’t read this post in a long time. Now that I read the steps described by tech support, I remember that these didn’t solve my problem either. I eventually got someone else to offer a different solution, which solved my problem. I don’t know if it applies to all devices, but here it goes: the charger for my Flex2 has a button in the bottom (really hard to see, I didn’t know it was there), if I press that button 3 times within 5 seconds and hold it for a couple of seconds the third time, it “soft” resets the device. The data is not erased from the device, but it forces a new synch/connection to the app. Maybe there are instructions in the User’s Manual for your device that describe how to do this, or ask tech support how to “soft” reset your device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would just like to update by sharing that I followed the recommended steps and although I still lost the data for one nights sleep, the sleep tracking worked well again the following night and seems to be working fine again now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do I have to sync my fitbit every morning in order to get every night’s sleep reading?  I didn’t sync my phone for three days, then when I did, it didn’t show any sleep for three nights. I forgot to sync yesterday, bit when I synced today, it showed no sleep for the other night. I’m just surprised that it doesn’t show each night when it DOES show my heartbeat each night. 

Best Answer