Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit flex not pairing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit app indicates there's an update.  However, it will not run the update or sync.  I've tried replacing the device, reinstalling the app, and pairing to another device/phone .  All unsuccessful.... error message "unable to communciate with flex".   Any advice?

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29
I'm worried that is the case. If so, I feel like they should have given us
warning before updating the app. I had no problems before that. I was
thinking about updating before this, but I'm reluctant to get another
fitbit at this point.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried for 3 days to pair my flex with app on phone.  I have tried all suggestions and even bought a new flex, but it appears that the the new fitbit update to the app on my S9 Android does not support my flex.  It sees it but will not finishing the pairing.  Now I believe I discarded a good fitbit and paid for a new one for no reason.  When is fitbit planning a patch repair to the new app?

Best Answer

I am also having trouble getting my Fitbit connected to the Bluetooth .. keep getting a message to turn Bluetooth on when it is on .. this message just started when I updated to iOS 13.. I’ve also done all the trouble shooting test and it still won’t connect to Bluetooth 

Best Answer
Mine will now pair with the update 3 days ago. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

same here and i have been battling for months with it

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying everything short of percussive maintenance (throwing the **ahem** thing at the wall), managed to get my ancient flex to connect to my phone. The problem was likely the old version of the firmware (the software in the flex).

Step 1: Find another device, laptop, someone else's phone

Step 2: Insert the flex into the charger and hold a pin in the reset hole for about 10 seconds

Step 3: Pop the flex out of the charger and then pair it with the borrowed device.

Step 4: Unpair on the borrowed device

Step 5: Insert the flex into the charger and hold a pin in the reset hole for about 10 seconds

Step 6: Sacrifice a goat to the pagan god of your choice (some will say a chicken is enough but the goat worked for me YMMV)

Step 7: Restart your phone

Step 8: Pair device. Tap the flex to wake it up

Step 9: Go for a walk

Best Answer
0 Votes

you might need a new phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me!

Takes a little practice to get the cadence down, you may have to try a few times:

• Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place. You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.
  • Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  • Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful. Might take a few times to get the presses "right"
  • Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.
Best Answer
0 Votes

it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

also I cannot log into my Fitbit account on my LG Tribute Royale it worked on my computer this was posted by my computer

Best Answer
0 Votes