Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit flex 2 is not counting my steps. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
70 REPLIES 70

my flex 2 was tracking my steps last night and three times I watched about 2000 or so of my step simply disappear!!! What gives???

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @9st! Hello @kaamoji.

@9st Could you please be a bit more in depth into what is going on? When exactly was the tracker not counting steps? Was the battery charged at the time? For how log were the steps not counted?

@kaamoji Have you noticed this happening since or before? Did you sync your Fitbit before the steps disappeared? Did you manually log any activities on your account?

Look forward to your reply so that I can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Awwww.
Don't worry, device has been replaced due to fault...
But thanks for your email..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @9st.

Glad to read that everything was resolved like that. I'm sure your replacement will work wonderfully. 

If you have the time, perhaps you'd be interested in visiting one of our Discussion boards. There are lots of different topics you can hop in and discuss with other forums members.

Hope to see you around.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a fully charged fitbit, a fully charged iphone and at the end of the day I was trying to get steps in to win a challenge. I literally saw steps disappear three different times. I'm talking about losing 3000 steps average each time.  I also have experienced going for a walk with another fitbit user who is my same height (therefore our gait and step length is the same) and she gets easily an extra mile or more of steps counted than I do when we walk for 6 miles. Mine says 6 and hers says 7.7!!!!! 

Best Answer

i did have to go back in and manually enter them...... yesterday I experienced the fact that my main screen showed 26000 + steps but my workday challenge which had started the night before at 9 pm showed a total of 17000+ steps......my  Goal day challenge showed about 74% of goal (which is set at 20000 )and yes it had just synced......This is SUPER frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @kaamoji.

I'd like to take a closer look into the frustrating situation you mentioned. Could you take some screen shots of the different number of steps that you're getting and the ones showing on your tracker at that moment? That will help me better understand the best way to move forward.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has been tracking just fine until today. It is fully charged, is counting calories, says it’s syncing but no matter how often I tap it, it doesn’t update. Any suggestions? FYI: I’ve had it for nearly 3 weeks. 

Best Answer

In desperation I turned off my iPhone completely. When I turned it back on the steps appeared on my Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @ViolinPlayer!

Thanks for mentioning that you managed to resolve the situation by restarting your iPhone. It is possible that what happened was that the dashboard wasn't loading up correctly and when you restarted the phone the app reconnected to the serves and loaded everything again. 

Glad to know that everything is in order. If you have any further questions please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is not tracking either.Did restart ...no success...

Best Answer
0 Votes

A very warm welcome to the Forums @Mommabare!

That sounds quite frustrating, thanks for doing the restart. Could you please let me know exactly what is going on? What do you see on your tracker? Is anything showing at all?

Look forward to your response!

Best Answer

Once I restarted my iPhone, all was well. It shows everything now.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I don't have an iPhone just the iPad.Have restarted a couple times and still not feeding my information so I guess I will put it back in the box...I really miss it..

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nothing at all shows up on my iPad.Only thing I see doing anything is the battery icon is pulsing. Nothing else is tracked..If I wear the fitbit the lights still come on in sequence..

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I lost my tracker and just got a new one. Here’s hoping there are no more problems

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ViolinPlayer@Mommabare and @kaamoji.

@ViolinPlayer Glad to know that it is working correctly now. If you can, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about in there.

@Mommabare I'd like to take a closer look. Could you take a screen shot of what you see? Additionally, at any did you get the information to show up on your iPad or never?

@kaamoji Please keep me posted on how it goes!

Feel free to let me know if there are any further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charged both flex 2 & phone.  Lights up when tapped. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Flex is also not tracking steps properly. 

Went for a walk last night (approx. 4+ miles with about 2000 steps already logged). Checked the Fitbit app occasionally while walking and it seemed to be working fine. At the end of my walked, it showed 70 active minutes, and my Fitbit itself had done the "dancing lights" and buzzing when I hit 10,000 steps.

Continued to wear the device during this evening and to track sleep overnight. When I went to check my sleep this morning, I noticed that the stats for last night indicated only 8,109 steps and 29 minutes of active minutes as well as only 3.48 miles completed.

Tried rebooting phone as recommended above but nothing seems to have changed.

Best Answer