Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 no longer for sale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Flex 2 for about 2 years now. I love it because it is not a watch. I like to wear different traditional style watches, so the Flex 2 works for me. I called Fitbit support and they do not longer sell the Flex 2. I sure wish they would bring Flex 2 back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51
I disagree, it's much chunkier than the Flex series was. Additionally, it
has more than some of us want.
Best Answer

@Odyssey13 I feel like you're purposefully ignoring the feedback that people are giving here.  We do NOT like the inspire series.  It is NOT a replacement for the Flex 2.  So, pushing the inspire series when it's been stated over and over that we do not want the extra "features" that it provides demonstrates that actually, you're with Fitbit that it doesn't matter what the community wants.  We can see what is currently available from Fitbit, and it is a fair point that the Inspire series, while they may have intended it to replace the Flex 2, does not actually do that for a number of reasons.

Best Answer

@Odyssey13   Agreed.  The Flex 2 is only 1/2" wide and the Inspire is 1.45" wide - almost triple the width.  It may be a great product, but does not adequately replace the Flex/Flex 2.  You are missing a niche in the market - fitness trackers if you already wear a watch.  We want something slender and unobtrusive.

The Garmin Vivosmart 4 is about the same dimensions as the Flex 2.  With slightly better batter life. That is  your competition.

Best Answer

Wish I'd done more research last week, I would have switched to Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A flex 3 would be awesome. I do not want a display of any kind. 

Best Answer

The app is enough for me, no display on the device itself is necessary for my needs.

Best Answer

I too like to wear watches a-plenty. So I still use the Fitbit Flex. I am on my third in five years. They can still be found on eBay etc. new. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats good to hear, thank you for letting me know 😊Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit. Just a humble opinion. 

I see that people are still commenting and asking to bring back the Flex 2. I have to agree with all of the comments. I love the Flex 2 for all of the reasons other customers have noted.
- very light weight,

- it has a very low profile,

- there isn’t a buckle that starts to irritate the skin when you sweat,

- you can swim and shower with it.
- easy to put on with one hand

- can be worn in other ways with accessories

- the way it sits on the wrist is very comfortable. 
- And maybe for me the most important has to do with The fact that when I tried to wear the Inspire, I had some kind of weird reaction that cause pain and discomfort. In order for the Inspire tracker to work properly the back of the device has to sit snuggly against the skin. The back of that device is outwardly curved, So the nature of that product design is to slightly push into the arm. Some thing about the contacts or the electronics Don’t work for me. It was causing a tingling sensation and pain in the wrist and hand. A little bit of research showed that I wasn’t alone so I stopped using the inspire and switched to the flex 2. 

As others have noted there is nothing else on the market like the flex 2  Clearly that seems to be a gap in product offerings. It makes sense that everybody wants to run after and compete with the i-watch. But the i-watch cannot compete with the flex 2 (that’s against what the i-watch is about). Flex 2 is something unique and completely ownable for Fitbit including how it syncs with the app. 

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you guys will bring it back. Thx. 😊

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more.  When and if my Flex 2 goes, I'll just go back to analog exercise tracking.  All this stuff should be underwritten by medical service providers, as it keeps mundane issues out of their hair and enables them to focus on the hard stuff.  I know how to exercise.  I know how to diet.  Gray Panthers don't need Fitbit.  Kids might learn from it, though.  After we defeat the latest challenges to voting rights, I think I might just corral some Indivisible allies and make a little noise about the medical industrial complex's exploitation of our basic health needs.  It's high time to remind them and the commercial community that the basics produce good energy, which is all we need.  

Best Answer
You can still find the Flex 2 new on eBay. People who purchased and never used... or slightly used.
Best Answer

If you buy a replacement on eBay, make sure to look for sellers with free returns in case they're not functioning properly. Even brand new Fitbits that are old may be dead from sitting uncharged.

I'm also surprised Fitbit never made a Flex3.

Best Answer
Good point. So far I have done very well with buying the flex2 on eBay. But making sure the seller takes returns is crucial.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LADofMichigan same here, never any issues, but others have shared about buying Fitbits that didn't work, so figured I'd point out some sellers do no returns, some the buyer pays for returns, and others offer free returns. I did recently win an auction for Flex2 that was incredibly cheap with the description of "untested" with no returns, but it was $5 for 5 so I'm not worried 😉 If anything, I got a charging cable for 5 bucks!!

Best Answer

But they cost 3 times more than prior to Flex2s being discontinued!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I've noticed that. Fortunately I've found them at the same price or a bit lower.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I loved my Flex 2. Unfortunately it recently died. So I settled for the Inspire 2. More info than I need and I can't even read the display when outside but it would be ridiculous to wear it and a watch so I can check the time. The Flex 2 was so simple and nice and small and I could wear it on one wrist and my watch on the other. My Inspire 2 is bulkier and takes the place of a watch but I can't read it... so frustrating!!

Best Answer

No it's not. The Flex was half the size.

Best Answer

I agree, my flex 2 died and being left handed I want something I can wear on my right wrist and the bangle was perfect- I'm heartbroken. I'm still searching for a replacement tracker that looks like a piece of jewellery.

Best Answer

Hi @Spitsy  the new Fitbit Luxe looks more like jewelry and it has optional bands that look more like a bracelet. Check out the Fitbit Store link upper right of this page.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer