Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 no longer for sale

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Flex 2 for about 2 years now. I love it because it is not a watch. I like to wear different traditional style watches, so the Flex 2 works for me. I called Fitbit support and they do not longer sell the Flex 2. I sure wish they would bring Flex 2 back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
51 REPLIES 51

@Odyssey13 Why, why do you continue to push things that the people here very clearly DO NOT WANT?  Why is this so complicated to understand?

Fitbit Flex 2: small, not obvious, could drop into a bangle and it didn't look like a fitness tracker or watch.

Fitbit Luxe: STILL LOOKS LIKE A FITNESS TRACKER/WATCH.

Everyone else, I have given up on a fitness tracker that I can wear with a watch.  It breaks my heart, but I still wear my non tracker watch when it's inappropriate to wear my Garmin.  At least my Garmin Forerunner has a more traditional watch shape, tracks everything I need, and I can see it in the sun.  Clearly Fitbit/Google isn't going back to what we want, and I'm not giving them any more money.  

@Odyssey13 maybe you should stop hanging out over on this thread since you're incapable of understanding what we've been asking for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure that @Odyssey13 doesn't know, but may perhaps be commissioned to recommend successor products which may promise new profits.  Just as the process of earning competent political representation requires time and energy, triggering reintroduction of health-centric fitness tools can take a certain amount of organizing effort.  With enough demand voiced, we may yet see the Flex 2 produced again. 

Best Answer

Glad to find this thread. I've had a Flex/Flex2 for almost seven years. A few years ago, my wife got me an Apple Watch, which I like a lot, but I kept my Flex because a) I had all that historical data stored and b) I had come to rely on the silent alarm completely. I generally wake up before my wife, and I had never liked using alarm clocks anyway, so the vibrating alarm was perfect. Ever since then, I've kept my watch on my left wrist and my Flex 2 on the right.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, when I somehow managed to lose the Flex. I tried buying one off eBay for $90, but as others have mentioned, when a device is old, even if it's never been used, it may not function properly. In this case, the motor in the Fitbit doesn't work so it never buzzes. Not being able to use it as an alarm is a dealbreaker for me (fortunately, the seller was very apologetic and gave me a full refund).

So I broke down and ordered an Inspire 2, which just arrived today. It's fine, I guess, but has way more features than I need. It's thin enough that it doesn't totally look like I'm wearing a second watch, even though that's pretty much what it is. I hate that I can't make steps the default screen. Still haven't decided if I'm going to keep it. Thought about the Garmin Vivofit 4, which does seem a little slimmer. But I've really grown to like the Fitbit interface, and I fear I'll discover some missing feature on the Garmin I had taken for granted with my Fitbit. Plus, as previously mentioned, the historical data is nice to have.

Best Answer

I should add that if Fitbit -- or any other company -- ever brought back a Flex-like device I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Best Answer

Because Fitbit considers your data to be your data, it provides means (in Settings) to download it as a csv or Excel file.  You can pull any portion of the last 31 days OR request an archive of everything since your personal Fitbit Millisecond 1.  My data takes a bit under an hour to compile and download.  Depending on the data volume, it can take up to a couple of days to prepare and send.  While most or all of the data chunks can be readily viewed in a spreadsheet, they need to be compiled into relational form to be of practical use.  On the other hand, it would make sense for a competitor to develop the program routines to upload the data into their report formats so you can easily review it the way we do in Fitbit.  Your next step is to see whether Garmin has developed those routines; if so, you can buy the product, download your Fitbit data, upload it to G-man and see how you like the new setup.  On the other hand, it might be easier to just to try another Flex 2, or maybe 2.  They're often available on eBay for dozens of dollars, so trying out a couple of them might yield paydirt for you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I am with you and in support 100%! I would like to see a Fitbit Flex 3 released for those of us who want a tracker without a face as we prefer to wear traditional style watches instead of smart watches. 🙂

Best Answer

Agree 100% - really reallllly hoping for a Fitbit Flex 3 release! 

Best Answer

the Inspire still has a face and that is the issue. a lot of users prefer smart trackers without a face or watch like appearance. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I ended up getting the Inspire 2. It's been fine, and I do appreciate some of the additional features (especially the battery life), but if I had my druthers I'd still prefer a Flex. Feels kind of silly wearing essentially a watch on each arm.

Best Answer

I would very much appreciate Flex being looked at again for those customers like me who already have smart watches through Apple or Samsung or some other company and don't want another one.  I love my tracker, but the battery has never been good.  It stays charged for about 2.5 days, 3 at the most.  I'm about to purchase my 2nd one on Ebay because that is the only place I can find them. I don't want another watch, I just want something that I can put on my wrist or ankle and sleep with that doesn't bother me. The Tracker is the perfect addition for keeping track of sleep as it was nonobtrusive and doesn't wake me up by its bulk at night when put into a slimmer cloth wrist strap I found on Amazon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CharityFJ  the Flex was retired several years ago and they don't continue to update them once discontinued. They no longer update the Flex as of June 2022. You might find a Flex or a Flex 2 but eventually their battery won't last as long.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting this ... maybe they are no longer supporting the Flex 2 either???  Like you, I enjoy the simplicity of it without the watch and all the gadgets ... all i track is steps and sleep.   

Best Answer
0 Votes