Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex Gets Stuck and Stops Tracking Steps When It Approaches Step Count Goal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With 2 Flexes, I have had the same problem.  As my step count approaches my daily goal (e.g., < 30 or so steps below the goal), the Flex stops counting my steps.  Sometimes, it will start counting again hours later.  It always starts counting again at midnight.  (I never go to bed before midnight.) 

How do I know this?  I check my step count often enough.  Day after day as the step count got near the goal level, the step count would not change, even though I was walking around.  I would check it every 15 minutes or so and the step count would remain the same.  I would mentally approximate the number of steps that were missed and add them manually.  Adding steps manually would usually cause the Flex to start counting again, but not always.

My solution is to set my step goal far higher than I will ever reach and now it is consistently counting my steps.  I thought the Flex was missing 200 - 300 steps per day and that turns out to be true. My daily total is now about 300 steps more per day than it was when I had my goal set at a level I could reach.

I am posting this problem and solution, so that other people can find it.  Since @SantiR's response to my problem was "I'm glad to hear that you are back on track with a new Flex!", I assume Fitbit does not intend to fix this bug.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

See problem and solution above.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

See problem and solution above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ResearchSubject I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your problem and solutions here. I'm sure this will help a lot of users on the Community who may be having the same issues that you experienced. Smiley Very Happy

Also, feel free to post on any thread on the Discussions Board as they are really interesting.

See you around! Smiley Wink

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

slowest movin site ever!   answer is check your inbox?

later see a comment "no fix"

person had to raise his goals to get it to count   REALLY?

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOOKING AT MORE RELIABLE STEP COUNTING, ONE THAT ALSO WORKS BETTER WITH STATONERY BIKE AND TREADMILLS!

APPLE?   EKG?

SELL THE COMPANY, YOU CAN'T FIX CUSTOMER ISSUES!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem today. Lost about 5 k steps as I noticed it stopped counting 30 steps before my goal. A reboot fixed the issue.

When will Fitbit address the bug? This post is 7 years old.  I have the new Fitbit sense 2 so clearly the problem is being propagated in the software and is not a device specific issue.  Thx

Thx.

Best Answer