Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to flex

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It says let Fitbit link to flex.  It is, as far as I know.  Is counting steps.  Can't get rid of that message tho.  I click okay, but that doesn't do anything.  Thx

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @golfnsew  it's happening to a few others and they've just been ignoring it. My friend has this on their Zip and it won't go away, but all their activity is being recorded. Sorry I can't give you more of an answer for this.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Hi @golfnsew  it's happening to a few others and they've just been ignoring it. My friend has this on their Zip and it won't go away, but all their activity is being recorded. Sorry I can't give you more of an answer for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On 1/1/23 I started getting this message.  I don't see an option to connect to Bluetooth.  Also it appears that my flex is updating to my fitbit account on my phone. I am getting step count and sleep info.  Not sure what else I need to do.

Best Answer

Hi @connie53  as long as it's syncing, then I wouldn't worry about it. My friend can't get it to leave their app either, but it's still tracking the steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you....It is still syncing, even if a little slow.  I won't worry about it then.  Wish I could turn off the constant reminder to link that shows.  But oh well, I am aware that there's not really support for Flex, so grateful it does work.  I'm grateful for a response.

Pam
Best Answer

Thx for your response.  Always somehow better if you know it is not just your device.  Will try to ignore it.

Best Answer

thx, guess it looks like the only option is to just ignore it.  The flex is so old, they probably aren't prioritizing it's glitches.

Best Answer

Thank you for responding.  I guess ignore is the best option, and hope it's a glitch that might go away.

Best Answer

@golfnsew sometimes that's the only way to do it, just ignore it. My friend is still having the issue, too.

Best Answer

Mine kept telling me to link over Bluetooth but it could never find it over Bluetooth But like everyone else it was still syncing . and then finally like 3 days later it linked to Bluetooth and now it shows up but now it's also running the battery down on my Flex itself faster it seems. But I'm afraid if I disconnect the Bluetooth it won't connect again or sync

Best Answer

They sent me a survey and a follow-up letter trying to figure out why I refuse to get rid of my Flex 2. I don't need all the other junk that comes with the other models and I like my personal watch I don't need two watches on my arm

Best Answer

Glad I'm not alone. I've been playing with this for 3 days now. Thank you for your post 

Best Answer

Happening to me too, now 1 week.

Best Answer
Sorry to hear I'm not alone in this glitch.  Perhaps if there are enough of us they will work to fix it

Pam
Best Answer
0 Votes
hmm, I'll hope it eventually does link, so I don't have to keep seeing the message about it.  thx for responding!

Pam
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem. They probably want us to buy new fitbit. Lol  

Best Answer

Hi @Slinkydog66  my friend says that it's still doing it, but it takes only a moment to ignore it. Steps still work, so it's not a problem for them. I know it's not ideal, but no need to buy a new device if it still works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
thx!  I'm perfectly happy with my old flex...til it quits, or I wear out all the colored bands I bought!  I appreciate your response.

Pam
Best Answer
I thought the same thing....they would suggest an upgrade.  My flex does all that i need it to.

Pam
Best Answer

I have an old Flex. Amazing I've had it five or six years. Ever since the last update in December 2022, my app on iOS has had a banner message at the top of the home screen: "Pair Flex with your phone for a better connection." First, I tried to correct the problem on my own by: restarting the Flex; removing the Flex and then setting it up as a new device; rebooting my phone a few times; turning on and off the bluetooth settings at various points; reinstalling the app; you name it.

The app and device sync, once you push the button next to the error message that says, "fix it." It's a pain in the rear to keep doing this a few times a day when I sync.

I called customer service, who told me I was now required to turn on location services and background refresh to sync all day. In the past, I've only synced once I open the app, which I prefer because it helps with battery life. My old phone needs a new battery and I have very few apps on background refresh. Plus, when I travel overseas, I don't like using data for this. Also, I'm not keen on using location services either for most apps, so I have it turned off (including for my Fitbit app, until tonight). The Fitbit rep told me I had no choice in the matter, but that can't be right.

Is there any way around this? I wish I hadn't updated the app. You never know if an update is going to result in a worse experience until you do it unfortunately. 

Best Answer