Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex not working after firmware update fail

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I tried syncing a flex device to my mobile, I was able to set it up correctly, but it requested a firmware update. Somehow it failed and the devices are now no longer synced. The Fitbit is also stuck in an animation where the lights bounce left to right. (Even when I'm charging it)

When I try to sync the two, the app says that it found my device, but then the connection fails.

I tried:

- to fully charge the Flex

- to hard reset it using the charging cable multiple times

- to connect it to my mobile multiple times

What should I try?                                                                                                                     -Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Fabreeze  the lights bouncing - could it also seem like snake eyes going back and forth? If so, it's in sleep mode. If you haven't seen it, here is the link - click - for the Flex user manual and related help articles. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

>Updating
>If an update fails to complete, your Flex's LED indicator lights may cycle back and
>forth repeatedly, from left to right, and your Flex no may longer respond to taps,
>charging, or resets.

The lights move like this.

I tried charging it again (It hadn't been used for a long time) and now there are no lights at all and it just doesn't do anything. Nothing shows up when I tap it or plug it to the power. Can't even reset it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your answer ❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only thing you can do is to keep restarting it to see if anything springs to life. If it was dead a long time, it might be completely dead. The Flex was my first Fitbit over seven years ago and it was retired a long time ago. The closest thing now to it is the Inspire 2.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thank you, I'll try. It was still charged a little when I got it, but there is a good chance that it died.

I'll let you know if I manage to make it work again.

Best Answer